Rental assistance programs California.
Struggling tenants in California will get help from local rent assistance programs. There are resources available from government as well as non-profit, charity type agencies. The goal is to provide direct financial help to assist with paying back rent or an upcoming security deposit, but funds are limited. There may be instances in which options (including landlord-tenant mediation, free legal aid, etc.) are explored to help renters. A number of rent assistance programs are available in CA, as noted below.
Statewide and local programs are available. Select a county or city below to get more information on emergency housing, long term rent programs, and immediate help near you. As there are charities, churches, and local government grant programs that help low-income families pay their rent.
Find help with rent in FL from charities or government programs
There are local, county and city agencies at the bottom of the page. In addition, several statewide organizations help to stop evictions, provide rental or moving assistance and rehouse people. They include both charities and the government. Funds for paying rent are also available to a wide variety of applicants, including immigrants, migrant farm-workers, Spanish speakers, Koreans, and others who live in the diverse state of California.
- CalWorks rent assistance - There are also government benefit (welfare) type programs in the state that help with rent, and one of the main ones is Cal Works Homeless Prevention service. This is a grant as well as cash loan based program which is mostly for tenants that are in or near poverty or those on other public assistance, including food stamps. Apply for Cal Works Homeless Assistance Prevention programs.
- Homeless prevention funds - As far as federal government resources, or when homelessness or an eviction is imminent (or someone is homeless now) then the homeless prevention and/or rehousing may be able to assist. They offer everything from rent or security deposit help to money to pay a storage fee, funds for lease applications fees, and free legal aid in housing court. Get details on California homeless prevention and rehousing programs.
- Housing in California for people with evictions - As regardless of age, race, religion, or disability, the cost of housing in California is expensive, with rental arrears and evictions a common challenge. Many people need some rent and/or deposit assistance or to find housing with low-upfront payments or for families with past challenges. But there are always income requirements in place. Find rental properties that accept evictions.
- California community action grants - Rent assistance, or applications to them, are provided by a community action agency near you. The non-profit will provide referrals to a number of agencies to apply at for emergency or even long term rent assistance, ranging from churches to charities, non-profits, social serviced groups, and others. Staff will answer questions as well as provide applications. Locate CA community action hardship funds.
- Rent, income based apartments in CA - A goal is to make housing more affordable for low-income families and even people that live on a fixed income, such as the disabled or elderly. Another major one is income based apartments or housing, and that rent help comes from the California section 8 housing choice vouchers.
- Salvation Army housing and rent programs - This is a national charity with many social services offices in CA, some that offer funds for back rent, utilities or a security deposit. There are also other services, such as transitional housing programs for the low-income. Or there are also statewide resources available, including from the Salvation Army in California.
Local County wide rent assistance programs in California
Select a city or county below for phone numbers, applications and income criteria to nearby rent assistance programs in California. There are funds for low-income families, seniors, the disabled or single moms as well as some charities that help immigrants. Any emergency or long term rent payment help is often combined with case management too.
Contra Costa County
Los Angeles County
San Bernardino County
San Francisco County
San Diego County
San Joaquin County
San Mateo County
Santa Clara County
Santa Cruz County
Shasta and Tehama County
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com