latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State & Local Resources

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff and Money

Extra Income and Home Work

Public Assistance

Disability Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Emergency Rent Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Assistance

Telephone Assistance

Help with Water Bills

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescriptions

Free Community Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Bills

Automobile Loan Assistance

Free Cash Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


San Bernardino County rent assistance programs.

Locate rental assistance programs as well as agencies that offer security deposit help in San Bernardino County California. Several non-profit organizations, government programs, churches, and other agencies focus on preventing evictions, offering low income housing, and providing emergency rent help.

Low income individuals and people facing evictions have access to several programs that may be able to help them in a crisis. Thousands of local San Bernardino families qualify for rent help every year and benefit from these resources. However funding is limited and not everyone will qualify. Each charity and government organization listed below has limited funds for helping with housing, rent, and other bills.

The non-profits and other organizations listed below administer many of the programs, and if they can’t offer emergency rental or security deposit help themselves, they can often refer applicants to either government programs or other local charities or resources that can provide support. Call and apply for help if you are facing an eviction.

San Bernardino County Transitional Assistance Department (TAD) administers a so called General Relief Program. What this does is it provides short term loan assistance to low income and indigent individuals and families if they need temporary housing or other aid. (760) 957-1401

Housing Authority of the County of San Bernardino (HACSB) – Programs focus on low income individuals. The agency offers self-sufficiency programs, nondiscriminatory housing assistance services, and safe housing environments, and information on government rent assistance programs.

Homeless Coalition of San Bernardino County - Provides various forms of housing and rent assistance to the homeless and those facing eviction through partnerships with individuals and organizations (charities, public and private groups) as well as collaborating expertise in the San Bernardino area. There may be funds to pay the security deposit on a new low income apartments, or government grants for back rent when a family is faced with homelessness. They are involved in organizing resources to help the homeless. 696 South Tippecanoe Avenue, San Bernardino, CA 92415. 909-723-1590.




Catholic Charities of San Bernardino/Riverside-Administration - Families and individuals in need can access shelter and emergency eviction prevention programs and solutions. 1450 N. D Street, San Bernardino, CA  92405. Call (909) 880-3625.

Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino County – Can offer emergency shelter. In addition, a resource known as the Family Development Program can offer qualified individuals with Emergency Assistance for expenses including back rent, a mortgage, or energy bill. As part of this, cash and funds are provided to low income and elderly individuals and families who are faced with a sudden crisis.

Another service can offer rental assistance for eligible clients facing eviction, meaning those people who are 30 days late on rent. They need to have an eviction notice or three-day pay or quit notice. If you are moving into a new more affordable home then rental assistance towards new move-in costs (such as first month’s rent or security deposits) is also available. Dial 909-723-1560 or 909- 387-4949, or more on Community Action Agency of San Bernardino.

Inland Fair Housing and Mediation Board is based in Barstow. Low income families and senior citizens can qualify for legal aid and other support for housing issues. They mediate conflicts between seniors, tenants and landlords or government programs such as section 8. Get help in applying for Homeowner/Renter Assistance or learn about low income apartments. Call 800-321-0911.

Inland Counties Legal Services can help families in San Bernardino facing an eviction. Landlord / tenant mediation and free legal advice is available when it comes to rent payments or unfair housing. Rancho Cucamonga, California, 91730. Phone: 909-980-0982.

Service Extension of Salvation Army in Yucca Valley may have emergency funds or short term loans for paying rent. Shelter and more may be offered. All resources are limited. Phone - 760-228-0114. Or read more on Salvation Army in San Bernardino County.

Hearts & Lives offers referrals. Learn about San Bernardino County charities, churches, or agencies that may have grants for rental expenses. Other homeless programs include security deposits, transitional homes, or funds for paying first months rent. Get information about federal government programs for rental needs (such as Emergency Shelter & Grant) or no interest loans issued by some agencies. 909-338-3222.





Another Way may have financial assistance for the disabled in the county. Rent payments, energy bills, and more may be available. 1365 S Waterman Ave, San Bernardino, CA, 92408. Phone - 909-890-3045.

Option House – Runs a Domestic Violence Shelter. San Bernardino California 92402, 909-383-1602

San Bernardino County Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing has two goals. It is to stop an eviction and help a homeless family find a new place to live. Federal government grants are used for housing expenses, including paying rent, energy bills, or motel vouchers. This is combined with funds for rental deposits as part of permanent housing placement. Read more San Bernardino homeless prevention.

Desert Sanctuary Inc. - Main Office - Services offered to the working poor, low income, and unemployed include shelter, free legal advocacy and referral, household set up and goods, housing counseling, child, immigration advocacy, and information on government rent assistance programs. 703 E. Main St., Barstow, CA  92311, (760) 256-3733

Inland Temporary Homes helps with rehousing, which can include referrals to programs for moving costs or rental deposits and other aid. They also coordinate case management and related support services. P.O. Box 239, Loma Linda, California 92354. Main number is 909-796-6381.

Economic Development Agency (call (909) 663-1044). The non-profit runs the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program. Case management and other support is offered. Get up to 18 months of rent help and funds for security deposits too.

Family Service of Association of Redlands, which is located at 612 Lawton St., Redlands, California 92374, is a non-profit agency that provides basic life services for the elderly, low-income and homeless families. Access case management, housing assistance and referrals. The non-profit can also offer comprehensive services for homeless families and people facing eviction in order to help them move toward permanent housing, employment, and self-sufficiency over the long term. Dial (909) 793-2673

The Housing Authority of the County of San Bernardino
Location is 672 S Waterman Ave
San Bernardino, CA 92408
Main number is (909) 890-9533
The government affiliated agency has several rent and housing programs. They include a 5 year lease assistance financial aid program, section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers, low cost apartments and public housing, home buying grants and loans and more.

Inland Valley Hope Partners - Claremont Center – Is a place for referrals as well as access a House Shelter. This center is a 90 day emergency shelter program serving homeless women, adult couples and families with children in the region. Address is 660 N. Mountain Ave., Claremont, CA 91711.







The Salvation Army, located at 1412 S. Euclid Ave. in Ontario, California 91762, telephone (909) 986-6748 x209, can have some emergency cash to help pay rent or bills if faced with eviction.

San Bernardino Housing Development Division (phone (909) 388-0900) runs the Tenant Based (Rental) Assistance (TBA) Program, which provides help in two phases. One being the monthly rental assistance program provides ongoing financial assistance with paying rent payments and housing expenses to families that meet eligibility requirements for the program. TBA will also offer self-sufficiency to address longer term housing challenges.


By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Financial Literacy

Search Site