latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Help Near Me

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Ventura County rent assistance.

Find how to get rental assistance in Ventura County California. Several charity organizations, churches and government financial assistance programs are administered throughout the county that individuals and families in Ventura County can use to get rent or security deposit help.

Several different agencies, government programs, and non-profit organizations operate across Ventura California. Each has its own housing resources along with emergency rental assistance programs or other tools that are offered to prevent evictions. They may be able to offer a cash grant, counseling, loans or maybe just referrals to other state, local, or federal government housing programs. In addition, shelters and transitional housing is available in the county.

If you need help paying your rent in Ventura, or access to low income housing or free legal aid to stop an eviction, then call before you have an eviction notice. Assistance is offered for immigrants, Spanish speakers, and the working poor in Ventura County. There is help for paying bills, moving costs, back rent, deposits and more.

Housing, rent, and legal assistance

The following non-profits can offer Ventura County residents with information on grant and rent assistance programs, low income housing, and free or low cost legal advice. Get help in dealing with evictions or landlord-tenant issues. The focus is on the low income, disabled, and/or unemployed.

  • California Rural Legal Assistance (and CRLA Migrant Project) - Free lawyers help tenants, the elderly and others with legal aid to stop evictions. Address is 338 South A Street, Oxnard, California 93030, phone (805) 486-1068
  • Commission on Human Concerns - 621 Richmond Avenue, Oxnard, California 93030, dial (805) 436-4000
  • Housing Rights Center – This particular agency can help individuals and families that live in Camarillo, Filmore, Moorpark, Ojai, Oxnard, Port Hueneme, and Santa Paula California. Address is 1020 North Fair Oaks Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91103, dial (626) 791-0211
  • Oxnard Housing Department - 435 South D Street, Oxnard, California 93030, telephone (805) 385-8041. Runs the section 8 housing voucher program and can offer other rent help.
  • Ventura County District Attorney - Consumer Mediation Unit - 800 South Victoria Avenue, Ventura, California, 93009 (805) 654-3110 or (805) 654-3180




Assistance Community Conscience – Partners with a number of social service agencies across Ventura County California. The main office is located in Thousand Oaks, California.

Oxnard Housing Department, dial (805) 385-8044, provides 3 to 18 months of grants and cash to pay rent as part of the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program.

Ventura County Catholic Charities – They administer some of their own programs and also offer referrals. They can also partner with other public and private agencies, non-profits, and charities in the area. A diverse range of social services are provided to help meet the needs of the poor and unemployed, among others. They even have referrals to emergency shelters in southern California.

Access basic needs assistance through programs that help prevent homelessness by subsidizing rental, security deposits and utilities’ payments. Outreach and housing counseling is provided too, as well as case management and referrals.

Ventura Catholic Charities maintains a long tradition of serving the low income, unemployed, and working poor and hungry. The agency has helped supply the basic necessities of life to the most needy and low income residents of Ventura County. There are several different Catholic Charity locations around Ventura County, including in:

  • 303 N. Ventura Ave., Suite A, Ventura, California 93001, Phone: (805) 643-4784
  • 2532 Ventura Blvd, Camarillo, California 93010, Telephone number - (805) 987-2083
  • 609 Fitch Ave, Moorpark, CA 93021, (805) 794-5929
  • 427 N Oak St, Santa Paula, CA 93060, dial - (805) 794-5929
  • 1048 W Ventura St, Fillmore, California 93015, (805) 794-5929





Project Understanding – A not for profit that can offer Rental Assistance, Eviction Prevention, and even provides food. Address is 43 E. Vince Street, Ventura, CA, Phone: 805/652-1326.

Ventura County Community Action helps the low income and struggling too. Any housing resources are in the form of energy bill help. They are also involved in fighting poverty and self-sufficiency. Any rental assistance is by referrals only. The address is 799 Moorpark Ave, Moorpark, CA 93021. Call (805) 517-6260.

County Executive Office, Community Development Division - Ventura County advocates for low income, affordable as well as supportive housing. They work with landlords, tenants, and property owners. Call (805) 654-2681. The main government office is at 800 S Victoria Ave, Ventura, California 93009

Community Conscience – This organization was created to offer social services to the needy in the Ventura County region. It was intended to help provide rent, housing, counseling, and other assistance at the time when the federal government was cutting back on services. Phone (805) 494-3543.

Salvation Army Service Extension – The charity provide emergency short-term monetary and non-financial services like free food, clothing, referrals, rent vouchers, and assistance with applying to Section 8. There is an extension in Oxnard, CA for rent help, and that address is 622 W Wooley Rd. Or call (805) 483-9235. There is housing assistance for migrant and Spanish speakers / Latinos too. Another location is at 5924 E. Los Angeles Ave. # F, Simi Valley, California, (805) 527-1070

Ventura County Human Services Agency - They administer the Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing program for income-eligible residents from throughout Ventura County. Apply for government stimulus funds through this program to pay for moving expenses, security deposit and first month’s rent. There may also be grants to help with ongoing monthly rental costs. In certain cases money can pay for utilities too. More information about this program can be accessed at 805-385-8585, or read Ventura County rehousing and homeless prevention.

The Area Housing Authority of the County of Ventura processes applications for section 8 housing vouchers. However there is almost always an extensive waiting list. The program operates as a federal subsidy that will pay a portion of a very low income families, senior, or disabled  individuals rent. (805) 480-9991.

Oxnard Housing Authority runs section 8 and public housing for the city of Oxnard only. Low cost apartments, rent vouchers, self-sufficiency and other aid is offered. The address is 1470 E Colonia Rd, Oxnard, California 93030. there is a waiting list for section HCV. Call (805) 385-8096.

Ojai Valley Outreach may have emergency loans for back rent, homeless case management, and eviction prevention advice. Seniors and the disabled can also call on the agency, and rental assistance is on Ojai only. Address is 108 Fox Street, Ojai, CA, 9302, call 805-640-3320.

Support the Enlisted of Ventura County will provide help to recent veterans. Funds for paying rent as well as travel, applications for VA benefits and grants, and other aid is offered. Telephone - 866-424-5210

Ventura County Bar Association has lawyers that offer free aid and representation to the low income and poor. Help for housing issues, such as evictions and disputes over utility deposits, is available as well as advice and mediation. They also help immigrants with documentation if needed. Call 805-650-7599 for information.







Lutheran Social Services, located at 80 E. Hillcrest Drive in Thousand Oaks, California 91360 (phone (805) 497-6207) can offer low income housing as well as rent assistance programs to the low income.

The Society of St. Vincent De Paul offers rental help, housing counseling, intervention, consultation and direct dollar financial assistance (when funding permits). Funds can be issued from the charity to pay rent, housing, and other expenses. 1258 Saviers Rd., Oxnard, California 93033, (805) 487-1558

Community Action Of Ventura County - A goal is to reduce homelessness, improve self-sufficiency, and offer low income assistance programs to the less fortunate and families facing poverty. So the Ventura County Community action agency runs assistance programs and services for the low income and needy, among which include no interest loans for bills or rent as well as counseling. Address is 621 Richmond Ave., Oxnard, California 93030, telephone (805) 436-4000.

By Jon McNamara

Contact NeedHelpPayingBills


















Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site