latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Local programs - Search

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Car Payment Assistance

How to Save Money

Help with Medical Bills



Find rent assistance in Yolo County.

Several churches, charities, and government agencies provide rent help in Yolo County as well as other housing assistance programs in an effort to stop evictions and rehousing the currently homeless. The primary agencies to apply at funds to help with rent or security deposits are below. Or get free legal aid from lawyers, find places for motel or hotel vouchers, section 8 housing vouchers from PHA, and other government grant and loan programs for assisting with housing.

There is rental and financial assistance for the larger Yolo County and Woodland as well as West Sacramento community. Everyone from the low income to disabled, single parents, elderly, and migrant or immigrant workers can get access to (1) emergency money for housing or back rent or utility bills; (2) case management; (3) free legal aid or landlord-tenant mediation from lawyers; (4) eviction prevention services and more. The goal is to offer funds to stop evictions and help stabilize the tenants housing situation, or help the homeless pay a security deposit or first months rent to a landlord.

Turning Point helps the mentally and/or physically disabled. One resource is supportive housing. This may be some financial help for bills or rent or other programs. The non-profit runs the Housing Support Services (HSS), which helps place the mentally ill. Turning Point is at 212 I Street, Davis, CA 95616. Call (530) 601-5959

Yolo County Housing administers section 8 housing choice vouchers and operates rent subsidized, income based apartments and housing. The disabled and senior citizens, on a fixed income or SSI, can often get priority section 8 when the application window opens. They are at 147 West Main Street, Woodland, CA 95695. For latest on wait list or applications, call (530) 662-5428.

Short Term Emergency Aid Committee, also known as STEAC and based at 1712 Picasso Avenue, Unit D Davis, CA 95618, has homeless prevention programs. Everything from emergency rental assistance to stop evictions to security deposit help, food, legal aid, and general social services are arranged. They also offer grants to pay first months rent too. Applications are in Spanish too, and dial (530) 758-8435.




Yolo County Health and Human Services is at 137 North Cottonwood Street, Woodland, CA 95695. They offer support to the poor, unemployed, and families in poverty, including CalWorks cash aid, welfare and homeless prevention from government grants. Medicaid applications, motel vouchers, SSI disability and other aid is offered too. Call (530) 666-8150. Another HHS office is at 600 A Street Davis, California 95616. Phone (530) 757-5502, or read more details on public assistance programs in California.

Catholic Charities of Yolo County/Solano offer financial help from a Family Assistance Program. The poor, if they have a plan for stability, can apply for emergency rental assistance from the Seasons of Sharing program. There are also loans, VITA tax programs, help to the homeless and immigrants and other services. Call 707-644-8909.

Davis Community Meals and Housing offer street outreach to the homeless, transitional housing, as well as funds to help with rent and other bills, including utilities. There is also emergency homeless shelters and pathway to employment programs, which the client can use to save money for moving, rent or deposits. The non-profit operates from 1111 H Street, Davis, CA 95616. Phone - (530) 753-9204

Francis House Center assists the vulnerable with housing needs, including elderly, migrants, teenagers, single moms and others. Location is 8001 Folsom Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95826. Call (916) 454-212.

Fourth and Hope has emergency overnight shelters, food, meals and more for the homeless. Location is 285 4th St, Woodland, CA 95695. For information, call (530) 661-1218. Or, in a crisis, find emergency rent help today or tomorrow.

SVDP (Society of Saint Vincent) and Saint Martin Catholic Church (address 511 Main Street, Winters, CA 95694, phone 530-312-8967) as well as St. James (1275 B Street Davis, California 95616, call 530-979-4338) may offer emergency financial or rental assistance, often immediately. Often a home visit is needed, but the charity helps the poor and less fortunate. The free rent money may be combined with furniture, case management, referrals and other support.





Our Lady of Grace Conference, also part of SVDP, may have money for partial rent payments from 911 Park Boulevard, West Sacramento, CA 95691. Phone 916-371-5264

Native Americans in Yolo County can get help from the California Indian Manpower Consortium. A wide range of social services are directly offered or by referrals. CIMC can help with applications to free government grant money for rent, utility bills, medical, food, and more.  738 North Market Boulevard, Sacramento, California 95834. Most of the financial aid rent aid is from CSBG, dial 916-564-4053.

Legal Services Of Yolo County - Northern California can help tenants who are facing eviction - lawyers help with legal needs of any pay or quit or eviction notice. Learn about rules and regulations, get help in housing court, assistance with housing discrimination and more. Free lawyers and attorneys are at 619 North St, Woodland, CA 95695. Dial (916) 447-5798 for information.

By Jon McNamara











Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page