latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Local programs - Search

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Car Payment Assistance

How to Save Money

Help with Medical Bills



Solano County rental assistance.

The greater Solano County California region is supported by several non-profit agencies, churches and government programs, including the Family Resource Centers. These various organizations offer rental and housing resources along with other services to those in need that qualify when funds are available. As an example of some of these housing assistance programs, they can include resources such as Homeless Assistance or Prevention as well as grant based emergency rental assistance, money to pay security deposits, or free motel vouchers as well.

Solano County has a number of highly trained housing counselors and case managers. All of these professionals are available to counsel tenants, either those facing an eviction or individuals looking for money for paying a security deposit on a new home. Get information on rent assistance programs, such as grants and vouchers, as well as learn about your rights and responsibilities under federal and state of California fair housing laws.

Family Resource Centers are located in every city across the county. They can offer utility bill as well as housing assistance to qualified individuals. Referrals may be given to government grant programs for paying rent or other costs. The number is 707-746-04352.

Fairfield and Vacaville Salvation Army. The main office is at 1216 Missouri Street, Fairfield, California 94533. Phone number is (707) 426-6244. The non-profit provides case management, the REACH electric bill program, and other support. Gives referrals to other Solano County resources as well as part of case management services.

Area Agency on Aging can provide information to senior citizens, elders and their families to identify services and opportunities, including housing and rental. Call 800-510-2020

Solano County Housing Authority runs the section 8 housing program, which is offered using funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. This government organization may be able to offer the very low income a number of assistance programs and vouchers, which may be used to pay a portion of rent.

They include the Section 8 Housing Assistance program. It covers the so called unincorporated areas of the cities of Cities of Dixon and Rio Vista as well as Solano County. For more information, or to apply for help, please call (707) 449-5675.




Catholic Social Services – This charity can provide the homeless case management services, rental assistance during the Season of Sharing program, outreach and application assistance, free income tax preparation services, and also information & referrals to loan programs for rent and other needs. 125 Corporate Place, Suite A, Vallejo, CA 94590. Phone number is (707) 644-8909.

Benicia Community Action Council administers the family self-sufficiency program, which is very wide ranging. It offers referral and information for rental and electric bill assistance. Other housing programs, and social service benefits, are administered from the location as well. This may be the best place for those who are currently homeless to stop by at too. 480 Military East, Benicia, California 94510. (707) 745-0900

Fairfield Suisun Community Action Council Inc. offers many of the same services as indicated above. Potential applicants will need to fill out an application and schedule an appointment in order to get help from services such as Rental and Homeless Assistance. Fairfield, CA, phone (707) 427-1148

Pacific Community Services has on staff HUD certified counselors. They can offer homeowners, and some renters in Solano, a number of services. Resources include mortgage delinquency, foreclosure help and default resolution counseling, renter’s assistance, information on low interest loans, and home owner pre-purchase counseling.

Trained housing counselors can counsel and advise both landlords and tenants on their rights and responsibilities when it comes to renting homes and apartments under federal and state fair housing laws. Staff from the non-profit also inform clients of their options and will document discrimination complaints. 1125 Missouri Street, Suite D, Fairfield, California 94533, phone (800) 914-6874

Fairfield Housing Authority can provides rental subsidies for working poor and low-income seniors, families, or disabled individuals or residents on Solano County through the federal government created section 8 program. Usually participants will need to be at maximum 40% of their income towards their housing expenses. 823 Jefferson Street, Suite B, Fairfield, CA 94533. Dial (707) 428-7392





Solano County Health and Social Services can help the jobless and underemployed. The government wants to work with people to reduce dependency on welfare. The organization provides financial assistance for security deposits and temporary housing to CalWORKs families. It can also offer up to $65 per day or more for shelter costs such as a motel or hotel while people look for more permanent housing. Solano County can help pay for security deposits and more. All aid is offered only once per “lifetime”. 354 Parker Street, Vacaville, CA 95688, call (707) 469-4500.

Grants and legal aid from HUD are available to prevent homelessness and evictions. Tenants may receive money for paying rental or energy bill arrears as well as free advice from an attorney. Other support from HUD involves a combination of free motel vouchers, placement into shelters, and grants for rent or utility deposit costs. More on Solano County homeless prevention.

Benicia Housing Authority runs public housing for seniors, individuals with a disability, and low income families. Solano County address, 28 Riverhill Drive, Benicia, California 94510-2725, call (707) 745-2071

Rio Vista Community Services also screens tenant and homeowners as part of Season of Sharing. Money may be issued paying back rent, a mortgage payment, or a portion of a deposit or first month’s rental costs on a new home. The office is at 1105 A Airport Road, or call 707-374-5706.

Legal Aid of Solano County is based at 1810 Capitol St, Vallejo, California 94590. Attorneys can provide free advice on stopping an eviction or improving access to safe housing. Clients include seniors, the disabled, and working poor. Call (707) 643-0054 for information.

Families in Transition of Benicia only helps residents of the town. Emergency funds for expenses (such as rent or energy costs) is combined with mediation and case management. Clients range from seniors to single parents and the unemployed. Call 707-645-3000.

St. Vincent Depaul, Holy Spirit Conference, provides Suisun City and Fairfield residents with emergency rental assistance. The main office is 1050 N Texas Street, Holy Spirit Catholic Church, Fairfield, California 94533 (main number is (707) 425-3280). All aid provided is depending on the applicants need and availability of funds. If the charity organization is unable to assist a client, then the individual will be referred to another local church or charity agency that may be able to help.

Lutheran Care for the Aging of Solano will only help senior citizens and the elderly, and the phone number is 415-441-7777. Both a monthly rent subsidy can be issued as well as a one time payment for other housing costs.




Other Solano County rental assistance resources

Some of the additional sites, charities, or non-profits to call are listed below. The services very from placement into low income apartments to grants for rent arrears, energy costs, deposits, and more. Some charities just provide referrals to try to stop an eviction.

  • Fairfield Community Center (707) 290-6032
  • Solano Helps is the name of an organization that connects residents to services such as CalWORKs and other government aid. Dial 707-784-8050
  • Community Action Counsel (707) 427-1148
  • Solano County Services. Call (707) 784-8051 for Welfare/TANF Cash Aid or dial (707) 553-5681 for General Assistance.
  • Interfaith Counsel of Solano County (707) 427-8518
  • Seasons of Sharing (707) 745-0900
  • Catholic Social Services (707) 644-8909
  • Fairfield Housing Authority (707) 428-7392


Related Content From


By Jon McNamara











Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page