latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website


Stockton area and San Joaquin County rent assistance.

Families facing homelessness in San Joaquin County can apply for emergency rental assistance programs. Non-profits, government assistance as well as churches may pay a portion of what is due, or they offer referrals. Most of the financial support is focused on the disabled, families with children, as well as senior citizens, but anyone can apply for rent or security deposit help.

All of the resources in the city of Stockton as well as entire county of San Joaquin are very limited. In many cases, the staff will need to refer an applicant to other federal government grant programs for paying rent or they may partner with other charities. However low income families can still call for assistance, but note that most requests for housing or rental assistance will not be able to be met.

If a resident is facing imminent eviction, then their best option may be to move into transitional housing. This will allow the family time to save money for a security or rent deposit, purse job training, and more. So case management is another option.

Veterans in San Joaquin can enroll into VA’s Supportive Housing or SSVF. Both of these will offer a federal government funded grant and more. The money can be used for paying rent to stop an eviction, energy bills, and other housing costs. It will also help the veterans and their family find permanent, affordable housing to live in. Call (209) 460-5000.

Central Valley Low Income Housing Corporation (CHLIVC)
2431 W. March Lane
Stockton, California
Main phone - 209-472-7200
Rental assistance is part of programs such as Shelter Plus Care. The non-profit will focus on households with a disabled member or elderly resident. Staff work to prevent homelessness.




San Joaquin County Neighborhood Preservation Division
1810 Hazelton Avenue
The agency does not offer direct financial aid, but they partner with the state on grant programs for housing needs. The center may be a source of information for low income families on loans, legal aid, rent programs, foreclosure counseling, and more.

New Directions
Location is 1981 Cherokee Rd.
Stockton, CA 95205
(209) 870-6500
Rent and housing programs are for people with a mental illness or disability only. They are part of HUD's Continuum of Care.

Lutheran Social Services of San Joaquin County
Clients are teenagers, veterans, and seniors. Both short term housing is combined with funds for first months rent or a deposit. Budgeting and case managements is required from people seeking money for past due rent. Eviction prevention programs include money for a portion of rent, energy costs, and more. Many churches are part of the regional network.

Society of St. Vincent de Paul
525 East North Street, Manteca, CA 95336, (209) 823-8099
1200 Maze Blvd, Modesto, California 95351, (209) 524-4381
Volunteers from the church help the less fortunate. Furniture, shelter, emergency rent help, transportation, and applications to public housing are offered.





Housing Authority of the city of Stockton and County of San Joaquin
2575 Grand Canal Blvd
Stockton, California 95207
Phone: (209) 460-5000
Housing assistance programs include HUD section 8 rent vouchers and information on low income apartments. They also operate public housing, assist the disabled, elderly, and very low income and can give referrals to rent or homebuying resources.

Pro Per Clinic
540 E. Main Street
Stockton, California
Call (209) 468-8280 for legal aid.

Westcare Foundation is San Joaquin Valley Veterans
Address: n 95205, 1609 N Wilson Way
Stockton, CA 95205
Phone: (209) 662-6073
SSVF is for veterans and their families. It works to stop eviction, foreclosure, and homelessness. Financial aid, including for rent, utilities, security deposits or moving/storage costs may be given. Veterans can be given hotel vouchers and rehousing help too.

Tracy Interfaith
Homeless Intervention can provide short term rent assistance in a crisis. The emergency must not be caused by the tenant. There are solutions for immigrants and migrant workers, grants or loans for housing including security deposits and other rent solutions. More on housing assistance from Tracy Interfaith.

Human Services Agency
333 E. Washington Street
Stockton, CA
Grants, low income housing, and other resources for paying rent arrears are available. Or learn about employment and cash aid.

El Concilio, for the Spanish Speaking
Address: 308 N. California St.
Stockto, CA
Dial (209) 644-2600
Advice is for Spanish, immigrants, and non-English speakers. Get help in apply for rent, benefits such as section 8, and accessing affordable homes. Also, anyone that turned to predatory lenders or loans for their rent can get advise from attorneys and staff.





Salvation Army Corps Community has a few centers.
1305 E Weber Ave. in Stockton. Call (209) 948-8955
128 N Garfield Ave, Manteca, California, (209) 239-3426
Another center is at 525 West Lockeford Street in Lodi. Dial (209) 369-8834.
While funds are limited, they can be a source of information on where to apply to for rent help, transitional housing, shelter, and other services.


By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site