latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website


Rental assistance in Placer County.

Find how to get emergency rent help in Placer County and Auburn California. Information is below on several non-profit organizations, churches and housing authorities that provide a number services, including funds for paying rent, security deposits, eviction prevention, and section 8 housing vouchers.

Most agencies and programs have either limited funding, waiting lists, or both. Section 8 housing has the longest waiting list. Someone who is struggling and may anticipate needing rental assistance in the future should contact a non-profit Placer County organization early in the process, before they have received an eviction notice. The earlier you ask for help with paying rent, the better chance you have to receiving some form of financial assistance. Also funds for paying security deposits may be offered from time to time.

Housing Choice Voucher Program – This federal government funded program offers rental subsidies and housing to low and very low-income households throughout Placer County. This program is usually in high demand, and has a waiting list. The housing authority that offers this will put into place criteria that determine how much a family can pay towards their monthly rent. Dial (530) 889-7971 for information.

Salvation Army has two main branches in Placer County California. The addresses and phone numbers are 286 Sutter Street, Auburn, California 95603, phone (530) 889-3990 as well as 102 Lincoln Way, Roseville, California 95678, (916) 784-3133 or (916) 784-3382.

They administer a wide range of social services and low income programs, and can refer individuals to government resources such as homeless prevention programs. The Salvation Army can also provide emergency rental/housing assistance to low income families, lodging, shelter, and other forms of help.

The Salt Mine – Has limited funding, but may be able to offer emergency rental/housing assistance to low income families, seniors, and the disabled in the community. In some cases, the charity will offer a tenant a no-interest loan for paying their back rent. Call (916) 645-3778. Address is G Street, Lincoln, California 95648.

St. Vincent de Paul – A group of local churches and charities operate in Placer County. Together they can provide emergency rental assistance, security deposits, and low income housing to individuals and families living in Placer County. Dial (916) 781-3303. The address is 503 Giuseppe Court, Suite 8, Roseville, CA 95678.




Roseville Housing Assistance – Offers a few rental programs, and other housing solutions. The services are noted below. Call (916) 774-5270

  • Section 8 Rental Assistance Program – They also offer this federal government funded resource. It will in effect pay for approximately 70% of rental costs for low-income families and clients of the program. Services offered also include Homeless Prevention for homeless families actively participating in the Home Start Program (transitional housing). Yet another solution is the Family Self Sufficiency Program which provides financial and rental assistance to households who are working to become free of any type of public assistance or government aid, and this includes a five year contract.
  • City’s Housing Rehabilitation Program - Low-income homeowners can take out a loan or grant for up to $40,000. The money is used to make health and safety repairs to their home or housing unit.
  • First Time Buyer Down Payment Assistance Program – Tries to encourage home ownership for low income as well as first time buyers, renters, displaced homemakers, and single parents. Provides information on and access to low interest mortgages as well as loans, counseling sessions, and other aid.

Placer County Housing Authority – Government approved/certified non-profit agency. HUD section 8  assistance vouchers and rental subsidies may be offered along with public housing. Call them for eviction prevention services as well. They can refer clients to government grants, such as ESG, and may have money for paying rent through such programs as homeless prevention and rapid rehousing. Address is 11552 B Avenue, Auburn, CA 95603, phone # (530) 889-7676. Or find other California section 8 housing agencies.

County of Placer Department of Health and Human Services – The primary government agency for a host of social services in the community. Low income housing, electric bill help, food, money to pay rent and prevention evictions, and much more. 11519 B Avenue, Auburn, California, 956032-2602, phone number 530-886-1870

What Would Jesus Do? Is the name of the organization, and it is a Mobile Facility. Call (916) 786-9953 for hours or location. It focuses on working poor families in Roseville California, and the non-profit provides homeless services, shelter, housing, rent help, and other services and resources.

Project GO, Inc.
Housing authority address is 801 Vernon Street
Roseville, CA 95678
Phone: (916) 782-3443
They operate low cost apartments, offer energy conservation services, and can direct tenants to rent or energy bill help.





VOA of Placer County
Phone (916) 661-5149
They help veterans, military members (and their families) as well as the homeless. Rent and security deposit help as part of homeless prevention, homeless shelters, job programs, grants, and case management all address housing needs.

Catholic Charities and Placer County churches offer support. Whether it is referrals to low income housing for migrant workers or immigrants, or funds to pay back rent or storage costs (or even energy bills), housing assistance is offered. There is also furniture, volunteers, and other rental assistance and financial aid. More details on Catholic Charities Placer County.

Charitable and government funded programs may be able to offer short term rent help. A referral service can be reached at (916) 498-1000. Everyone, from senior citizens to the low income or disabled in Placer County, can call for information on resources for paying utility or rental deposits, LIHEAP, access to shelter, or other housing costs.

Northern California Legal Aid - Call (916) 551-2102. Receive free advice on housing issues. Learn about tenant rights, where to turn to for eviction help, and free legal support.

Sierra Foothills Aids Foundation provides support to families living with AIDs or HIV. There is case management, financial aid for back rent, low income housing, and referrals. The Auburn based agency can be reached at (530) 889-2437.


By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site