Find free passive income opportunities for people living paycheck to paychek.
Passive income is defined as a frequent source of source of cash that is earned from work in which you are not actively involved. It is possible for low income families as well as people live paycheck to paycheck to both start and then grow a passive income for either free or a low cost. Developing this source of funds can significantly reduce work hours per week and the money can help families pay the bills or build a solid financial future. It is a great way to supplement your income.
Find a number of tips, suggestions, and resources below on how to start and build a low cost or free passive income. While each service and opportunity is different, in general the sources of monthly recurring income are generally inexpensive to create and low-risk. It does however require work, time and planning at the beginning with very little return.
Yet, it is still one of the most worthwhile investment you can engage in, and the extra monthly cash can help seniors, low income families, or anyone looking for a few extra dollars per month. This source of recurring income has helped everyone from single moms to retirees and countless others improve their finances.
Passive income can be the answer to most of your immediate problems if you are struggling to pay the bills, living paycheck to check or continuously stressed out about not making enough money to cover your household expenses. Everyone from single moms to low to moderate income households and many others may be benefit. Below are some low-cost ways to earn a passive income that requires mostly extra time and not up front costs.
Passive Income for everyday activities
Shopping Through Cash Back Sites: Online shopping brings convenience and it saves time, but it is one of the best free sources of a passive income. The average American spends more money online for clothing, household products, personal hygiene, and even food each and every year. According to new data from the Urban Institute, 40% of Americans are still struggling to pay rent and food. Shopping smartly online using rebate or cashback sites is one way to bring in extra money each year and this is a simple way to each passive income.
Since there is a drastic increase in online purchases, consumers can earn extra funds each month using cash back sites and save money on everyday purchases. Many cash back sites are connected to major retail and department stores, which means you are likely to find products that you are looking for. These websites offer free money that can be deposited to your bank account, while other sites provide retail gift cards that can be used on future purchases.
Nevertheless, cashback sites are definitely worth the few extra minutes, and it is a great way to put some tax-free money in your pockets while earning a passive income from everyday shopping. Find a cashback shopping site guide.
Renting Your Stuff: Earn a free passive income by putting your stuff to work for you. Today, you can rent almost anything, including an empty room in your home, your backyard, vehicle and even the idle hours in your day. Retirees are often renting out things or time for money. Or lease at a parking space for extra passive income. All this cash can come in handy and it is simple to do and earn from this. Learn more on renting stuff for a passive income and how this can be a another source of ;long term funds.
Research Studies: In addition to free to take paid online surveys, researchers are now using mobile apps to collect consumer data, which may include your fitness and shopping habits. This is a great way to generate a passive source of income. Many of these opportunities can be done by working from your home. They often require no effort, and you will easily be rewarded with cash and free items just for walking and exercising.
Sell Ads On Your Car: According to recent data from the National Household Travel Survey, American drivers spend an average of one hour or more behind the wheel each day, which includes daily commute to work or recreational driving. Earn a passive income from your car and for this precious time. Car ownership can be expensive from filling up gas, insurance, and maintenance.
Turn your driving and commute into a passive income by selling advertising space around your auto. You can make an extra $300-$1000 per month just for driving your car. Below are some legitimate car wrapping companies that will pay you for putting ads on your car.
- FreeCarMedia.com: A marketing company that promotes products by using rear window advertisements. Drivers are paid up to $400 a month.
- Carvertise.com: A national advertising company that pays drivers to place removable ads on their cars. To be eligible, you must have a clean driving record, own a 2008 model car or newer and drive at least 30 per miles per day. It is free to join and depending on location, you can make $30 an hour, with additional passive income opportunities to park your car in certain places and time.
Passive Income From Teaching Online
Selling Lesson Plans: If you are a teacher (many of whom unfortunately live check to check in parts of country with higher costs of living) or someone with an educational background, you earn a passive income by selling new or existing lesson plans, worksheets, and curriculum. Or you can tutor each day or month and build up a client base. Below is one of the most trusted teacher's marketplace to sell materials.
- Teacherspayteachers.com: A marketplace with over 4 million users. Share your expertise and knowledge with students and get paid for posting original poems, book reviews, activities, worksheets, task cards, printables, and other educational materials. This site requires original educational materials. Even parents, tutors, mentors and other educators can sign up and earn a passive income. Some top sellers have earned over $50,000 per year, while other generated over a million in sales. Payments are made on a monthly basis via PayPal.
Creating Online Courses: Technology has transformed education and E-Learning is the future. According to a research study by Global Industry Analysts, the e-learning industry will triple to $325 billion by 2025. If you are a freelancer, author, career professional, you can create an online course and turn your passion into a passive income. You will simply get paid for sharing your expertise and/ or useful and valuable message to others. Below, you will find the best platforms for selling online courses.
- Skillshare.com: An online community with over 4 million students with thousands of classes in art, business, technology, health, languages, cooking and more. This platform allows anyone to teach. Share your expertise and earn a passive income by creating a video content between 10- 60 minutes of anything that you are passionate about. On Skillshare, you will be compensated for every minute watched by a student. It is a great place to earn a passive income, exposure for your skills and giving back by helping others. Top teachers on Skillshare make over $100,000 per year. You will be paid, forever on a monthly basis for every student that watches your classes.
- Udemy.com: A leading global marketplace for learning and teaching. Become an instructor and transform lives by sharing your skills and talent to help individuals pursue their dreams. As an instructor on Udemy, you will get to control the price for your course, and you will earn 97% in revenue share for self-promoting your course and 50% revenue share on Udemy marketplace.
Free Passive Income From Creative Skills
Selling License Photos: Sales for digital cameras have declined throughout the years, and smartphones are shaping the future. According to research analysis from Gigaom, an average person has over 630 photos on their phone. People take pictures to capture special and memorable moments. If you have shared those beautiful pictures on social media for likes but believe they deserve more, you can license your photos for free and build a passive income. More information on selling pictures.
Publishing an Ebook: Writing an e-book is a perfect opportunity to share valuable information and knowledge with a target audience. An ebook is a great way to earn a lifelong stream of passive income while getting your message out to the world. The average length for an ebook should be between 50,000- 200,000 words. Unlike traditional books that can take years to write, an ebook is much shorter and can be completed within a couple of days or weeks. You can also earn a passive income from reviewing books if you are not interested in writing one
Ebooks are comfortable to write if you are passionate about a topic or a skill that others might like. It should provide value to readers. Amazon Kindle Publishing is the largest source for consumers and authors. Publishing on Amazon takes 5 minutes, and your book will appear in the Kindle store worldwide within 24-48 hours. It is free to publish your ebook on Amazon, and you will earn up to 70% on sales. Learn about and compare E-Book companies for income.
Selling Digital Art Products: If you are a graphic designer or digital artist, you can build a passive income by monetizing your artistic talents. You can sell visual products like logos, social media graphics, illustrations, banners, icons, website templates, and other digital files. You can also maximize your opportunities by adding commercial use, extended license, custom designs, and affordable bundles. Digital products can be sold to clients on freelance websites to generate a passive income.
Passive Income From Starting a Side Business
Affiliate Marketing: If you looking for a cost-effective way to earn a passive income that requires no resources, affiliate marketing is a great option to consider. This concepts works by promoting a merchant's services and products and earning a recurring passive income from sales. You can launch a profitable affiliate marketing business by promoting products and services on your blog/website, email or on social media platforms. Below are some marketing platforms to consider.
- Clickbank.com: An affiliate marketing program with over 200 million customers. On Clickbank, you will earn up to 75% commission and get paid weekly. Many products on Clickbank are sold on a recurring subscription basis, which means you will earn a passive income month after month and years after the original purchase. There are over tens of thousands of digital products to choose from, including languages, arts, lifestyle, software, and many others. Clickbank pays anything from $25 to over $150 per sale and it one of the most inexpensive way to generate a passive income.
- Amazon Associates: Amazon has over 300 registered shoppers, and there are millions of products for everyone. Join Amazon Associates Program if you are a frequent Amazon shopper or if you would like to build a successful affiliate marketing business with the #1 internet retailer. Getting started is free and simple, just add links to desired products on any page, forum, and social networks by writing a quality review and recommending products to others. You can earn up to 10% on qualifying products. Amazon Associates program is a great way to monetize your blog/website and social media platforms to build a passive income with little to no cost.
Start a Blog for free or a low cost: In our digital age, blogging is extremely popular today. Many of these are free to start. People start blogs to share their knowledge, to express their thoughts and opinions and to promote services and products. Single moms and families that live check to check often write blogs at night for extra monthly income. There are minimal start up costs for this passive income opportunity, so it is great for anyone to do with limited savings.
Search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo will rank your content based on originality and usefulness, which will bring readers to your website. Blogs can generate a passive income from free ad networks, affiliate links and by selling your own services and digital products. Find more details on monetizing a blog for income.
Write for other websites: This source of passive income is similar too, bot not exactly the same as blogging. Instead you will write content for other sites, including news publications, content aggregators, blogs, companies, and others. Some of the content may be “re-used” or get hits/bring in revenue over months or years, and this is how it becomes a free source of passive income. More on writing articles.
Flip Domains: The domain industry is very similar to the real estate industry. There is in some ways a limited quantity of valuable assets. The domain flipping business works by finding a low-cost domain name and resell for a higher value. Domain names should be short, memorable and contains popular keywords with a .com extension. Domains can be sold on flippa.com and Sedo.com for high prices and it possible to turn $15 into several thousand dollars. A profitable domain typically contains a single word or short letter phrases.
Youtube Channel: Starting a Youtube channel is very similar to blogging, both involves sharing information, experiences and giving advice. Many younger people, including millennials and college students often start this type of passive income. You can earn money based on views and advertising, and the funds are paid out on a monthly recurring basis.
A Youtube channel does require professional writing skills and videos are produced in a conversational manner. Starting a passive income video or business does require being comfortable on camera, video equipment (in some cases) and the ability to discuss interesting and engaging topics. Read more about making money from Youtube.
As you will see from the list above, there are many platforms and concepts for earning a passive income. Many of them have a very low or no start up costs, with many of the opportunities free of charge. The cash from one of these recurring income type businesses can be used for everything from paying bills to building up a saving or investment account. Some people also use various forms of passive income type businesses as their primary source of income.