Baldwin County Alabama assistance programs.
Emergency financial help in Baldwin County is available for paying for everything from back rent to a mortgage, utility bill, or medical procedure. Find how to apply for grants or loans to pay bills from a local church, charity, or government office. Or get everything from free food to dental care, job placement services, legal aid, or even grants for housing costs (deposits, rent, and more).
The Bay Area Food Bank is one of the primary providers of food aid for the Baldwin County and the surrounding area. They have programs that are aimed at children, senior citizens, a mobile pantry, and food for low income and unemployed. Contact the organization at 888-704-3663.
Other locations to turn to for free food and assistance include Christian Service Center (Gulf Shores (251) 968-5256) and Peace Lutheran Church ((251) 233-1499).
If those locations can’t help, there are many other government sponsored food assistance programs, meals on wheels services for the homebound, and local pantries. Click here to find more food banks in Baldwin County Alabama.
Receive debt help from Consumer Credit Counseling Service. You will be able to work directly with a counselor to explore solutions to reducing or eliminating your debts, and acquire new budgeting knowledge. You may be able to entering into credit and debt repayment programs that will help you in dealing with your creditors. Whether it is a credit card bill you owe, or medical debt, there are options for you. Dial 251-990-8499 to learn more, or click here to explore other ways to deal with your debts.
The Salvation Army of Mobile also has programs for Baldwin County residents who need help or are dealing with a crisis. They have partnered with local charities and organizations including La Clinca and Prodisee Pantry to provide people in need of aid with access to assistance programs. For example, the low income in the region that qualify can get rent help, assistance with utility bills, access to a food pantry, clothing, vouchers for medication, and other help. Dial (251) 438-1625. Click more Baldwin County Salvation Army programs.
Mortgage default and foreclosure assistance
In addition to helping you deal with debts as indicated above, Consumer Credit Counseling Service (251-990-8499) can also provide you with housing counseling. Meet with a specialist to receive rent or mortgage delinquency counseling, and assistance in dealing with a foreclosure. The counselor may be able to work with your lender to modify your loan, or provide you with some of the skills and knowledge so you can do it yourself. Counselors have saved dozens of local Baldwin County homes from foreclosure prevention counseling. They are an Alabama HUD approved counseling agency.
Help for bills, and access to emergency programs
The Community Action Agency of Baldwin County is one of the primary agencies that can help local families. They administer a host of programs and services to people in need. They focus on providing both short term financial assistance if someone is facing a hardship, and they also try to work with applicants to put them into position to be successful over the long term. Some of the services they offer include:
- Medical bills - The agency can put people in contact with clinics that can provide free or low cost health care and dental services. they may even have funding to help pay for needed medicines.
- Rent and mortgage help - Emergency funding to prevent an eviction, pay for a security deposits, or help with a mortgage payment. They can also organize foreclosure assistance. Find additional programs that can provide help with a mortgage.
- Utility bills and weatherization - Apply for grants and funds to pay utility bills, and also apply for the free weatherization program. They offer you access to both federal and state of Alabama energy assistance programs.
- Debt assistance - Work with a counselor to reduce debts, and acquire budgeting skills.
- Food - Gain access to and learn about local food assistance programs.
- Head Start and Day Care - Programs for children, including day care and education services.
Contact the community action agency at (251) 626-2646.
Catholic Social Services of Bay Minette ((251) 937-7858) is a local faith based organization that runs programs that provide limited financial, cash and also material assistance to families and individuals when they have a hardship or in times of crisis. Assistance can be provided for financial assistance for medicine, utilities, rent, and transportation, food, groceries, new or used clothing, furniture and appliances, household articles, personal hygiene items, and other aid. More on Catholic Charities Baldwin County assistance.
North Baldwin Ecumenical Association offers direct aid and services to those in need of help in the community. The charity can offer everything from grants for housing or rent payments to food and holiday programs. Bay Minette Alabama. Dial (251) 937-8115, or click here more information.
Charitable and government rent programs have a goal of stopping or reversing homelessness. Limited funding may be as follows.
- Grants from HUD and United Way affiliated agencies can pay for housing costs such as back rent, security or utility deposits, a mortgage, and vouchers for a motel.
- Non-monetary support in Baldwin County can address legal needs and counseling.
- Homeless families can access emergency shelter, gain stability, then apply for one time rental or deposit help.
- Find other programs, and locate Baldwin County rental assistance programs.
Free Holiday resources - Low income families, seniors, the disabled, and anyone with kids (who is struggling) may get help. Find places that give out free Christmas toys or gifts. Or that may serve meals at Thanksgiving or Christmastime too. There are many options, and locate free Christmas and holiday assistance in Bay County.
Affordable dental and medical care in Baldwin Alabama
The not for profit Hope Center may be able to offers patients access to either free or affordable dental services, medical care, prescriptions and counseling services provided by loving, licensed professionals and doctors in a Christ-centered environment. Fairhope Alabama. (251) 445-2273
Franklin Primary Health Center (phone (251) 964-4011) may offer medical care, prescription medications, dental care, and vision care to the homeless and very low income.