latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Search the site

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money





Assistance programs Snohomish County Washington.

Low income families, including those who are senior citizens, disabled, or working poor, can get financial help. Find rent or security deposit assistance, money to buy food or pay for medical bills, and other forms of support including government assistance in Snohomish. Housing, including grants to pay a mortgage and free foreclosure counseling, are also a focus.

Or locate free food pantries, health care clinics, charities, churches, and non-profit organizations. Or get free items such as laptops, school supplies, or Christmas toys and food. There are financial assistance programs as well as free resources in Snohomish County that all help struggling residents with their paying bills and other needs.

Emergency housing, energy bill, financial assistance and rent programs

Catholic Community Services runs the the Snohomish County Family Center. This charity type organization provides a multitude of transitional and permanent housing programs, including a rapid rehousing program and the organization is part of the Investing In Families Pilot Project. Dial (888) 240-8572 to learn more.

The Snohomish County CAP: Division of Community Services. helps people across Everett and the county pay for utility and heating bills. Find their phone number below. One of the primary programs they offer is the Energy Assistance Program, which provides a one-time cash grant that can be used each heating season. The funds will be used to assist with paying the heating bill for qualified households. Three main components of the program include:

  • Receive grants that range from $25 up to $1000. The exact amount offered to an applicant will depend on an applicants total household income, household size, amount of monthly heating bill, and the type of housing they live in.
    • The energy bill assistance program helps with all types of heating services and fuel types, including oil, natural gas, electric, wood, and propane.
    • Repairs and replaces heating systems. If your furnace breaks or needs to be updated, this program may be able to assist.




  • Self-sufficiency from CAP is offered too. This program, which is also administered by the Snohomish County community action agency, will help families, in particular parents of low-income families, get back on their feet and become self-sufficient over the long term. It does this by increasing their income through education, employment opportunities, and career development.
    The organization provides support services and other resources such as vouchers that can be used for emergencies, assistance in finding education or employment that fits the persons situation, and it also provides assistance in finding resources to support education or employment (such as child care, transportation, tuition assistance, books, and scholarships). The program can refer people to rent assistance and utility assistance programs. They can refer people to other programs as well, such as SNAP food stamps.
  • Reduce energy bills from free Weatherization Assistance. The Snohomish County weatherization program is a free program that can help people reduce their energy and heating bills. The Division of Community Services program provides home energy conservation assistance to qualified households all year long. Aid is available for both renters and homeowners. As part of the program, homeowners can receive the following types of aid.
    • Installing of floor, wall, and attic insulation, air sealing, and other standard weatherization measures.
    • Provides energy conservation tips, advice and education.
    • Completed safety checks on home heating and ventilation systems.
  • Case workers also give referrals to emergency assistance. While the Human Services and community action agency may occasionally have financial aid or loans available (in particular for veterans) the majority of any support for paying bills, rent, medications, or security deposits will be offered by partner organizations. So case managers from CAP may be able to direct qualified low income families to other charities or agencies in Snohomish County for these needs.

This programs, and more, are offered by the Snohomish County CAP: Division of Community Services, which is headquartered in Everett. You can call them at (425) 388-7200. Click moreSnohomish community action agency programs,





Mortgage, foreclosure, and debt help in Snohomish

ClearPoint Financial Solutions is a non-profit credit and foreclosure counseling agency. They provide both debt and foreclosure help. Work with a housing counselor to get access to free, confidential, no-cost counseling sessions to help homeowners facing foreclosure or who are behind on their mortgage understand their options. Housing counselors assist with multiple issues and solutions including short sales, loan and mortgage modifications, repayment plans, deed-in-lieu of foreclosure, forbearance, mediation sessions, and bankruptcy. The counselor may also assess client's eligibility for federal government foreclosure assistance programs.

A credit counselor can help a client get back on track with debts such as credit card and medical debts, repair a clients credit, or advise on bankruptcy. They can negotiate lower interest rates, offer debt management programs, and refer people to lenders assistance programs, such as those programs that are offered by Wells Fargo. Learn more, or call the Everett agency at (877) 877 - 1995. Or find more information on assistance from Wells Fargo.

Emergency financial assistance for paying bills

City of Marysville - This non-profit provides list of Marysville churches and other non-profits which may be able to assist Marysville residents who need help with payment of past-due expenses. Priority is prevention of eviction and/or disconnection of utilities or heating is the priority. Phone (360) 363 - 8300

DSHS - Community Services Offices- Snohomish (Monroe Washington dial (877) 501 - 2233) is the local government office that provides a variety of assistance programs.

  • Emergency Financial Assistance: They help TANF/WorkFirst clients apply for supplemental financial assistance and government programs when faced with an emergency caused by circumstances out of their control. Funding may be approved for eviction prevention notices; electric, utility, gas, heating fuel, water/sewer or telephone utility shut-off notices; and other emergencies.
  • Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF/WorkFirst): The agency can provide monthly to qualified people cash grants, financial aid and medical assistance to eligible low to moderate income families with minor children in the home.
  • Rent help - They administer their own programs, and can also refer individuals to additional agencies.
  • Loan programs - The county and state of Washington can offer low cost funds, even including free money for paying bills in a crisis.





Other programs run are Diversion Cash Assistance (DCA), General Assistance (GAU, GAX), and Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA). Call them at (877) 501 - 2233

Edmonds United Methodist Church may from time to time have money for rent and utilities for South Snohomish County residents. Edmonds Washington.

Holy Cross Catholic Church can provide help for rent and utilities to Granite Falls and Lake Stevens families only. Dial (360) 691 - 2273

Lutheran Community Services Northwest - North Puget Sound Area can help with paying water or utility bills only. The applicant needs to have a disconnect notice. There is one time emergency grants given for those that qualify in Snohomish County. The charity is at 18308 Smokey Point Blvd, Arlington, WA, 98223. Dial (360) 386 - 7989 for details.

Stanwood Camano Community Resource Center, which can be contacted at (360) 629 - 5257, is a non-profit that may be able to offer limited financial assistance and cash grants to persons and families residing within the boundaries of the Stanwood-Camano School District. The aid offered is targeted at preventing evictions or disconnection of essential services (such as heat or utilities), or for basic needs in emergency situations or a crisis.

Saint Vincent De Paul - Snohomish County Council - Call them to apply or learn more, as they may offer new or gently used clothing, rent payment assistance, furniture (including delivery), or funds for paying utilities and heating bills. Other resources include household items, food, medications and prescription drug assistance as well as some help with lodging and transportation to those in emergency situations on a case by case basis.

The aid may be provided using low interest loans, and funds may assist with other bills and expenses on a case-by-case basis to those who qualify. They are located in Everett Washington (425) 355 - 3504. Learn more on Saint Vincent De Paul Snohomish County assistance programs.

Social services - The county offers cash assistance to help low income families in an emergency. Qualified individuals can get help for paying rent and housing, energy bills, and much more. Importantly low income families can access self-sufficiency such as job training and information on improving your financial situation. Read more Snohomish emergency assistance.

Arlington Community Chest – If interested in applying for rent or electric bill help, you must have a disconnect or eviction notice. The not-for profit can provide one-time emergency financial assistance or cash grants to help pay rent or utility bills to residents of the greater Arlington area. Other support may be provided too, such as bus tickets or food. 22422 SR 9 NE, Arlington, Washington, 98223, (360) 435-2168.

Everett Salvation Army - Low income families with infants or the elderly can qualify for help. Programs can help with energy bills, rent, medications, and other basic needs. There is a low cost thrift store, free school supplies, and food. The holiday assistance also includes free Christmas gifts or meals as well as Thanksgiving turkeys. Other help is offered too from 2525 Rucker Ave, Everett. Call (425) 259 – 8129, or more on Salvation Army in Snohomish County.







Domestic Violence Services - Victims of domestic violence, in particular women, children, and their families, may receive financial help for paying their mortgage, rent, and other basic needs. (425) 252 - 2873

Family Center Of South Snohomish County - Provides cash grants and financial assistance for relatives raising children that are not their own. For example, grandparents or aunts or uncles raising a child may benefit. Assistance provided by the non-profit can include rent, car repairs, utilities, food, clothing, etc. 6330 195th St SW, Lynnwood, Washington, 98036, dial (425) 670 - 8984

The Arc of Snohomish County provides limited emergency financial assistance to individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities and their families/caregivers. Some assistance may include a utility bill or rent payment (will not fund security or damage deposits). Eligible recipients may only receive financial assistance every two calendar years.  Location is 2500 Hewitt Ave Suite 300, Everett, WA, 98201. Call (425) 258 - 2459

Everett area emergency eviction and rehousing assistance programs are coordinated by non-profits such as VOA and others. They focus on stopping homelessness, helping veterans, children, and the disabled among others. Clients with a source of income, even from a pension or SSI, may qualify.

  • Legal aid is provided from pro-bono attorneys.
  • Money for water bills, heat, or paying rent can help tenants with an eviction notice.
  • Case management, counseling, and placement into shelters may be arranged. Continue reading on eviction help in Snohomish County..

Take the Next Step provides referrals, but only for the Monroe - Sky Valley region. Get information on programs for Free Medical Care, rent and utility bill assistance, housing education services, and security deposit fees. (360) 794-1022.

Tulalip Tribes of Washington is involved in the FEMA emergency food and shelter program. This can offer assistance with paying rent or the security deposit on a new apartment. Other resources for tribal members can include food or even a partial mortgage payment. 6406 Marine Dr, Tulalip, Washington, 98271. Dial (360) 651-4580.

Children from families in poverty can get free school items, such as backpacks, shoes, pens, electronics, and more. In addition to that, vouchers can be issued from Snohomish area charities for supplies at stores such as Wal-Mart, Target and many others. Find free school supplies for low income families.

Special holiday assistance programs are run by many non-profits and charities. What may be offered includes free toys or presents for children, or churches serve a hot meal at Thanksgiving or Christmas as well. Many other groups have referrals to events, such as Angel Tree or a Christmas box of food. Continue Snohomish County holiday programs.





A energy bill program that was run by the Red Cross in the past is now operated by Saint Vincent de Paul. The charity can help with payment on Snohomish County Public Utility District bills. Income guidelines are in place. The applicant needs to also have a disconnect notice and have previously applied for government energy bill assistance from LIHEAP. The program is run from Saint Vincent of Snohomish, and the intake number is (425)355-3504.

Funds for rental costs or security deposits- Homeless families, or very low income residents with an eviction notice, take priority when applying for help. There are several non-profits and government agencies to turn to for rent assistance in Snohomish County.

Snohomish County Human Services Department is the local government organization for the county. They administer a wide range of assistance programs and services for those who are most at risk, including veterans, families with children, seniors, and others.

Veterans can receive emergency financial assistance. Aid is offered for their immediate family members too. Authorized items that are included include rent, food and sundries, utilities, medical, transportation (bus), heating bills and vehicles or gasoline.

Other programs include Housing and Essential Needs (HEN). Cash and grant funds can be used to support eligible clients that are faced with eviction, qualify as homeless or at-risk of homelessness. Allowable financial assistance for housing may include security deposits, monthly rent, overdue rent, and even service animal deposits. Utilities assistance is limited to the following bills, such as electricity, natural gas, sewer, water, utility deposits, and garbage.

Essential Needs assistance also includes help with obtaining personal health and hygiene items, bus passes, and cleaning supplies (such as laundry and dish soap). Also apply for state of Washington public assistance. Human Services Department is at 3000 Rockefeller Ave, Everett, WA, 98201, dial (425) 388 - 3360.

Westgate Chapel has limited resources. Helps with rent, electric bills, gas and motel vouchers for those in the Edmonds region only. (425) 977 - 4500

Snohomish County Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society can provide grants or interest free loans. Assistance is for either active duty or retired members. The uses of the money can be for child care expenses, transportation, medical/dental bills, vehicle repairs, food/rent/utilities, burial and funeral costs and more. 13910 45th Ave NE, Marysville, WA, 98271. Telephone number is (425) 304 – 3203

Community Action Opportunity Council of Snohomish County provides help to the low income, unemployed, and people in poverty. They process applications for low income heating bill assistance, provide Employment Case Management and transitional housing, and much more. Locate Opportunity Council programs.





Low income and short term housing - Located across the county are shelters and transitional housing units. Some agencies, such as the Salvation Army, may also have vouchers to pay for a motel room. The housing may be available for single parents, veterans, the disabled, and of course the homeless in the area. More on transitional housing in Snohomish County.

Pathways For Women is part of the YWCA in Lynnwood. Emergency shelter for single women and single women with children.  Please call for screening to be put on waitlist.  There is also a Legal Clinic for issues of family law.  Please call for intake.  Phone: (425) 774 – 9843.

Clothing assistance programs - Non-profits, churches, and other organizations will provide low income and working poor families with free clothes and household items. The aid distributed will often increase during Christmas and the holidays. Some agencies offer free school supplies, diapers, gifts, and items for single parents and moms. Find details on Snohomish clothing closets.

Volunteers Of America Western Washington can provide short term assistance for rent and housing expenses. It can be either past due or even first month's rent on a new home or apartment. The clients will need to be self-sufficient. They also run the Everett Food Bank, operate the Sky Valley Resource Center and provide other aid. 1230 Broadway Ave, Everett, Washington, 98201, call (425) 212 – 3233. Learn more on Volunteers Of America Western Washington.

Sewer, water, and utility discounts offered by City

Most towns and cities in Snohomish County Washington can help low income, elderly, and disabled residents pay utility bills, including sewer and water. You will need to call and apply, and also meet low income qualifications. Some of the towns and further information is below.

  • City of Arlington, 238 N Olympic Ave, Arlington, (360) 403-3421
  • City of Bothell, 18305 101st Ave NE, Bothell City Hall, (425) 486 – 6250
  • City of Edmonds, 121 5th Ave N, Edmonds. Phone:(425) 771-0241
  • City of Everett, 2930 Wetmore Ave, Everett, (425) 257-8999
  • City of Granite Falls, 206 S Granite Ave, call the town at (360) 691-6441
  • City of Lake Stevens, 1812 Main St, Lake Stevens, WA, 98258
  • City of Lynnwood, 19100 44th Ave W, Lynnwood, Call (425) 670-5146
  • City of Marysville, 1635 Grove, Marysville, phone number (360) 651-5000
  • City of Monroe, 806 W Main St, Monroe, dial (360) 794-7400
  • City of Mountlake Terrace, 6100 219th St. SW Suite 200, Mountlake Terrace, call (425) 744-6214
  • City of Mukilteo, 11930 Cyrus Way, Mukilteo, dial (425) 263-8060
  • City of Snohomish, 116 Union Ave, Snohomish, dial (360) 568-3115
  • City of Stanwood, 10220 270th St NW, Stanwood, dial (360) 629-9617

Free food assistance and non-financial aid

Holy Cross Catholic Church of Granite Falls Washington (phone (360) 691 - 2273) offers some personal hygiene supplies, household products, non-perishable food and groceries and referrals to other resources and government programs to obtain free food.

Hands of Hope Food Bank - This facility is a place for people in need of food or groceries to receive free services and assistance. Everett WA (425) 355 - 5985

The Father's House Community Food Bank, which is located in Granite Falls (phone (360) 691 - 5290) provides free food to the needy, and even home delivery if qualified.

Edmonds Food Bank - Is both a food pantry and a pet food program for low income residents of the Edmonds Washington area. Call (425) 778 - 5833

Bethel Baptist Church offers a food pantry and groceries for persons in need. Phone (425) 252 - 0249. Everett.





Allen Creek Community Church - Seeds of Grace. The charity provides free used clothing and free food to any person in need. (360) 659 - 7335, Marysville.

There are other charities run pantries and government food programs, including SNAP and WIC. Families living in poverty, single parents, and seniors are a focus. Find details, phone numbers, and information on additional Snohomish and Everett food pantries.

Low cost or free health clinics

If the centers below can’t meet the needs of you or your family, there are other clinics that can provide medical assistance, prescriptions, and other aid. Find more Snohomish County clinics.

10 Minute Walk-in Clinic is an affordable health care community clinic that is open 7-days a week. A location is in Marysville as well as Arlington. Call (360) 435 - 8262

Community Health Center Of Snohomish County - Those without health insurance are charged for their medical bills based on a sliding fee scale. Services offered at the center include smoking cessation, general physical exams, nutrition info, immunizations, medications, contraception, well baby care, treatment for minor illnesses, and pregnancy testing. Dial (425) 789 - 2000. Find other ways to get help with tips for medical bills.

Providence Regional Medical Center Everett of Monroe Washington offers a walk in community clinic. (360) 794 - 7996

Safe Harbor Free Clinic - This free health care clinic provides for the diagnosis and management of acute care conditions including basic office laboratory testing and referral for more complex problems requiring ongoing care or additional diagnostic work-ups. Stanwood. Call (425) 870 - 7384

Sea Mar - Snohomish County is a clinic that provides the low income and uninsured in the community with complete family care including obstetrics, general medicine, gynecology, and geriatrics. The community clinic primarily treats migrant workers and Hispanics, but services for the needy are available to all low-income persons in the community. Call (360) 282 - 3885.


By Jon McNamara


Additional Local Programs












Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site