latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State Financial Resources

Assistance Programs by County

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Extra Income & Work From Home Jobs

Public Assistance

Disability Assistance Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bill Help

Free Healthcare

Free Medical Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Car Loan Assistance

Interest Free Loans

Debt Help

How to Save Money

Search the Website


Rental assistance in Snohomish County Washington and Everett.

Everett and Snohomish County programs provide rental assistance to low income residents and others. A number of services, options, and resource are available throughout the region. The various programs and agencies, including churches or charities, that help pay rent or security deposits as well as other housing assistance programs are noted below.

In addition to receiving emergency upcoming rent help, many of the services and resources can provides funds to pay security deposits, first month’s rent, and arrearages. The goal of most of the non-profit organizations and government programs is to help people who are faced with an eviction in the Everett and Snohomish County Washington area.

Some of the programs that help with rent or housing needs can include the Washington state section 8 housing voucher program, Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing. Or find other cash assistance and grants to pay rental or moving costs. Most of these are only available to those that qualify and are in a crisis situation.

Everett Housing Authority, located at 3107 Colby Ave in Everett, WA 98206, phone number 425-258-9222. Offers rental subsidies for hundreds of families, and manages housing for the low income and working poor. Section 8 is available when the waiting list is not in place.

Salvation Army Everett Corps – A wide range of programs, both monetary and non-financial, are offered to help people during difficult periods. Services provided by the Salvation Army to qualified applicants include rent assistance, motel and hotel vouchers, case management, shelter and help for other expenses and bills too. 2525 Rucker, Everett, Washington 98201, call 425 259-8129

Church Resources, in City of Marysville, works with faith based organizations and other churches. The center will also have lists of centers that can help with a crisis, with priority given to renters faced with an eviction. 1635 Grove, Marysville, WA, 98270, phone number (360) 363 – 8300

Take the Next Step
They only provide information and referrals. Receive details on local rental assistance programs, low income housing, grants, addiction services, and more. All callers need to live in Monroe, or the Sky Valley area. The address is 202 S Sams St, Monroe, WA, 98272. Dial (360) 794-1022 for details on rent and housing.

Snohomish County Legal Services provides low income and working poor with eviction assistance. For those that meet income levels, lawyers offer free legal aid and representation. Phone number is (888) 201-1014.




Family Center Of South Snohomish County - They will only provide help as part of the Kinship Program. So if a relative is raising another family member, then financial aid or no interest loans may be offered for rent, energy bills, or housing costs. (425) 670-8984

ARC of Snohomish County - Clients need to have a developmental disability. Children and adults may get emergency rental assistance. 2500 Hewitt Ave, Suite 300, Everett, WA, 98201. Call (425) 258-2459.

Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County
(425) 259-2827
The agency helps mostly women, refugees and children fleeing, or that are surviving, violence.  They offer free transportation to transitional housing or shelters as well as rent or mortgage help. Funds may help pay security or utility deposits as well on a safe home.

Holy Cross Catholic Church – A very limited amount of financial support can be provided to Granite Falls and Lake Stevens Washington residents for expenses such as rent. It is an Emergency Needs Program. Address of church is 6915 SR 92, Granite Falls, WA, 98252 phone number – (360) 691-2273

Pathways For Women – YWCA – From time to time may have limited funds to offer rental assistance when funding is available to prevent families from becoming homeless. 6027 208th St SW, Lynnwood, WA, 98036, call (425) 774-9843

Saint Vincent De Paul - Snohomish County Council – Can help meet critical needs. The cjarity has a Helpine that can be contacted, and a volunteer will take down the callers information. Volunteers will schedule an appointment and determine how SVDP (and the volunteer) may assist, with with rent or other support.. Note that no type of financial aid for bills, housing, rent or anything is provided over the phone, and Saint Vincent will pay the landlord, property owner or utility company directly.





Based on funding, SVDP in Everett offers furniture (including delivery), assistance for paying rent or utilities, or even Snohomish County PUD Project PRIDE applications as noted above. Address is in Everett, Washington, 98213. Dial (425) 355 - 3504. Or find more details on Snohomish County St. Vincent rent programs.

Sound Families Project runs a rental and voucher program. Working with YWCA of Snohomish County, Catholic Community Services ((888) 240-8572), Housing Hope ((425) 347-6556), and Volunteers of America, there may be low income housing and subsidies for paying rent offered. Other resources include programs for security deposits, self-sufficiency and guidance.

Snohomish County Human Services Department and the HEN program (dial (425) 388 - 3360) provides a variety of homeless prevention solutions. There may be funds for security or utility deposits as well as money for a portion of back rent. All of the eviction prevention is combined with counseling, access to free legal support and help in applying for government grants.

Housing Authority of Snohomish County provides permanent supportive housing as part of Shelter Plus Care Program (for the disabled). They also have information on shelters and subsidized rent assistance programs in Everett and the county. 12625 4th Ave W # 200, Everett, WA 98204, (425) 290-8499.

Stanwood Camano Community Resource Center runs a service known as Basic Subsistence - Emergency Financial Aid. The agency can offer limited financial assistance for essential services or basic needs, such as rent and housing, for persons residing within the boundaries of the Stanwood-Camano School District. Location is 9620 271st St NW, Stanwood, WA, 98292. Phone (360) 629-5257

Snohomish County HUD grants for homeless prevention are distributed to local non-profits. The money is provided for rent, utilities, and security deposits. HPRP also provide emergency money for rehousing into low income apartments, and there may be rental deposits or free motel vouchers provided. More on Snohomish County eviction and rehousing help.

Tulalip Tribes of Washington – Provides federal government FEMA funds and cash aid. Can provide rent assistance to tribal members, with focus on Tulalip Tribes Members. 6406 Marine Dr, Tulalip, WA, 98271. Call the non-profit at (360) 651-4580.

Additional Snohomish County rental assistance programs

  • DSHS Rental Assistance and the HEN program. This service can provide help for rent as well as utilities and address affordable housing issues in Snohomish County. dial 211
  • Sharing Securities 425-605-4257
  • Snohomish County Rent Assistance - General intake is 425-388-7200. If you have a 3 day pay notice to be evicted, then emergency rental assistance may be offered. The program may run out of funds on occasion. They also have information on shelters and transitional housing units

Community Information Line (Provided by Volunteers of America), 2802 Broadway, Everett, Washington 98206 dial 425-258-4227





DSHS Alderwood Community Service Office – Can offer low income, public assistance, and cash aid. 20311 52nd Avenue W, Lynnwood, Washington 98046, (Serving Zip Codes: 98012, 98020, 98026, 98036, 98037, 98043, 98275). Dial (425) 673-3000

DSHS Smokey Point Community Service Office, 3704 172nd Street NE, Suite P, Arlington, Washington 98223, phone (360) 794-1350. Can provide public government assistance and housing programs.

DSHS Everett Community Service Office – Offers financial assistance, including rent and housing support. Includes TANF/WorkFirst, Diversion Cash Assistance and other low income housing aid. 840 N. Broadway, Suite 200, Everett, WA 98201 425-259-3191

DSHS Skykomish Valley Community Service Office, 19705 State Route 2, Monroe, WA 98272. Phone (360) 794-1350 may offer emergency rent and housing assistance. The government affiliated agency will also have referrals and information on low income government housing.


By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site