Snohomish County Society Saint Vincent de Paul emergency help.
The society of Saint Vincent De Paul of Snohomish County is a faith based group that works to help the low income and less fortunate. The charity and its volunteers from local churches will meet with qualified clients to provide them with free advice and ongoing support. The main programs and social services are below.
Financial support from Snohomish County County Saint Vincent
Housing assistance ranging from applications to government grants for paying back rent to funds for security deposits are some of the services available, as funding allows. Short term housing can also be arranged by Saint Vincent. Not only may there may some shared accommodations available throughout Everett Washington, but another option will be emergency shelters.
One of the main goals of the charities is to prevent homelessness in the community. So staff advocate on behalf of the poor, who often go unheard. They will try to free up money that the low income can use for paying various housing expenses, whether it is an energy bill or even a security deposit on a new, low income apartment. So there are really various services available.
Basic needs, including goods such as food to clothing or holiday assistance tend to be more available then the financial aid referenced above. There are food banks, thrift stores, and clothing closets all administered by Snohomish County SVDP or partner organizations.
- Christmas programs may be presents or meals for families. There is also Thanksgiving meals, turkeys, hams and the toppings.
- Thrift stores will sell gently used clothing or furniture. The very low income may receive a gift certificate if they meet certain qualifications.
- Clothing banks will have winter hats and coats for children, items for work, or work attire for parents.
- Free food pantries may have emergency bags of groceries.
- Seniors citizens or even the disabled in Snohomish County may even have hot, free meal brought to their home.
Staff will offer referrals to community clinics and health care. Volunteer nurses or even doctors may stop by Society of Saint Vincent affiliated churches or the food bank from time to time. They may offer free check ups, discounted vaccinations, and basic medical services. If the patient has more serious needs, then referrals are given to a specialist.
Ongoing support services in Everett
Snohomish County Society of Saint Vincent de Paul will try to refer people to counseling and self-sufficiency workshops. This may often be required in order to get any form of help from them. There are many issues that can be addressed by the charity, as noted below.
- If someone does not have a GED, classes for this can be arranged.
- General financial literacy, around budgeting and credit counseling.
- Computer workshops are held in Everett area job centers and other locations.
- New moms and single parents can receive parenting classes.
- Ongoing support for preventing homelessness and poverty.
There are also more and more newcomers and immigrants to both Snohomish County as well as the state. Society of Saint Vincent will work with local churches and people from the community to try to help acclimate them. Immigrants can learn about what type of housing resources may be available, or sign up for ESL classes. This support can be critical to getting them off on the right footing when they are new to the region.
When applying for any type of help, people need to make an appointment. They will then need to stop in and formally apply, bringing proof of income, expenses, and other documentation. Any type of financial aid is not provided over the phone only, as the process is more extensive. The main office is located in Everett and can be called at (425) 355 - 3504. The home bound or seniors in Snohomish County may be able to arrange a home visit for the interview process.