latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



Search the site

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money





Snohomish County transitional housing and shelters.

For residents that need some form of emergency housing in Snohomish County, or if an individual is facing imminent eviction, there are several temporary housing centers that can be used. There are locations that are focused on veterans, the homeless, or victims of domestic violence. Some locations are just people that are struggling with paying their rent on their existing apartment and were evicted from it.

In some cases, the short term housing unit may allow a resident to stay there while they work towards self-sufficiency and wait on other forms of rental assistance. Note almost all centers have strict conditions in place, including guests need to be seeking employment, going through counseling, job training, or more.

Many of the shelters or housing units will provide other services as well, such as serve free meals, offer clothing, referrals to government benefits in Washington and Snohomish County. For those individuals that need lodging or a place to stay in the Everett or greater Snohomish County region, the sites may be able to help or even offer referrals.

Emergency Shelters

Each of the locations has very limited capacity, and the demand is high. There may be waiting lists or housing is offered first come and served. If a location is full, volunteers or social workets may be able to offer referrals to alternate locations.

Cocoon House Central
Address is 2726 Cedar Street
Everett, WA
Dial 425-259-6042
Both males and females can use the site.
There are other options as well. There is the Cocoon House East Emergency shelter (15302 Plain View Place, Monroe, 425-259-6042) as well as Cocoon House North in Arlington. Call 425-259-6042. In general, there is separate housing for women and men or children.





Everett Gospel Men’s Mission is located at 3711 Smith Avenue, Everett, WA, 425-259-0954. There is also a location for single women, parents, and children. That is at 5118 South Second Avenue, Everett. Call 425-252-1297 for information on services or availability.

Nettie's Haven Transitional Home and DV Services
Call (425) 361-1639
Short term housing, legal aid, and other support is for domestic violence victims, including both women and children.

Interfaith Family
Main address is 2507 Cedar Avenue
Everett, Washington
Main phone number is 425-303-9774

Housing Hope and Lervick Family Village
Location of short term housing - 8323 272nd Street NW
Stanwood, WA

Snohomish Salvation Army
They offer many programs, including transitional housing, Cold Weather Shelter, referrals, a food pantries, meals, and more.
2525 Rucker Avenue
Everett, Washington
Main phone 425-259-8129

Transitional Housing for Single Young Adults
1734 121st St SE Apartment A
Everett, WA, 98208
Call (206) 409-6009





Tulalip Shelter
2817 Mission Hill Road
It is based in the city of Tulalip
Telephone number is 425-716-4500.

Windermere Crossroads, also known a Housing Hope location.
Address is 3504 Norton
Everett, Washington
Telephone - 425-347-6556

In addition to the housing units above, in some rare and exceptional cases, free motel or hotel vouchers may be available. This will be for homeless families in a crisis and for special conditions. The motel will be in Snohomish County, and the voucher will pay for a very short term stay at the site.

Compass Health may have vouchers for both men and women. Call 425-349-6200.




In addition to the transitional housing and services indicated above, local Salvation Army Centers (call 425-259-8129) may also have some form of short term lodging available for motels.

Snohomish County Veterans Assistance Program - Homeless veterans and maybe their immediate families may receive help in the form of a voucher to use for a room. Or get advice and support in applying for other benefits. Call 425-388-7255.

Western Washington Volunteers of America. They have limited, emergency vouchers. Call 425-259-3191.

By Jon McNamara


Additional Local Programs












Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site