latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Local programs - Search

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Car Payment Assistance

How to Save Money

Help with Medical Bills



Assistance programs from Snohomish County Human Services CAP.

The Snohomish County Human Services CAP helps low income families move from poverty to self-sufficiency. During the process, some short term help may be available for paying bills such as energy and heating expenses. Residents of the county can also benefit from other government funded benefits such as Head Start, weatherization, and different forms of education and job training. For more details on the community action programs (CAP) available in Snohomish County Washington, continue reading below.

Find financial help from Snohomish County Community Action

Low income families can apply to any one of three different utility and heating bill assistance programs. They include Puget Sound Energy HELP, the Cascade Natural Gas Washington Energy Assistance Fund as well as the federal government funded LIHEAP. The terms and conditions of each program will vary and more information is below.

  • HELP from Puget Sound Energy is just for customers of that company. For those that qualify, and as resources allow, up to $1000 can be paid out.
  • Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program, commonly called LIHEAP, is the main state of Washington and federal government program. This component helps with paying all fuel types. Snohomish County Human Services CAP processes applications.
  • Cascade Natural Gas (WEAF) is also available.

The LIHEAP program is the main resource, and it can also assist in a crisis. A one-time grant is offered per heating season. It can help with paying all fuel types, including natural gas, wood, propane, and electric. In some cases, there may be assistance in paying for the repairs to heating systems, furnaces, and equipment.

During a crisis, Snohomish County CAP may be ale to assist as well. This will be for those that have a disconnect notice or if their utilities have been shut off. Or if your heating oil or fuel tank is empty, emergency assistance may be paid out. When this occurs, the LIHEAP funds and application process is accelerated. More information on LIHEAP Washington applications.




Snohomish County Veterans can get help too. The community action agency Veterans Assistance Fund can provide limited emergency financial assistance to eligible dependents and veterans in the county. Rent, health care needs, food or groceries, and security deposits can all be addressed using private and government grants. So this means their families can get help too.

What may be offered includes aid for expenses such as rent or medical costs, transportation, and food. This is for honorably discharged veterans, qualified dependents, and veterans' widows. The county will also coordinate mental health and alcohol / drug assessment and treatment at a VA Medical Center. Case managers will also helps veterans in filing for federal government VA benefits. Call 425-388-7255.

There are other non-profits that operate in the county. They include the following.

  • Everett Vets Center can be reached at 425-252-9701
  • VA Disability Claims, dial 425-304-1223
  • Healthcare for Homeless Veterans - Phone 206-764-2007
  • WorkSource Veterans Program - Telephone 425-258-6322

Weatherization is a form of energy conservation. It provides consumers with free home energy conservation assistance. Both homeowners and renters can get help from the program.

Snohomish County Human Services CAP can provide for completion of safety checks on home heating systems, Installation of insulation, air sealing, and other standard weatherization measures, home ventilation, and free energy conservation education services.

Other low income programs are available. They include:

  • Case management and guidance to help homeless families find more permanent housing.
  • Support that can help low-income families in obtaining employment and economic self-sufficiency.
  • Information on housing resources, such as emergency rental and loan programs, shelter and transitional apartments.

Government grants can help low income and/or struggling families in Snohomish County as well. There is everything from home buying to mortgage help, funds to pay for cars or credit card debts, moving costs, and many other bills. The Snohomish County Human Services CAP has details on this. Learn about how to find and why to apply for government grants.

Education for children and employment for adults from CAP Human Services in Snohomish

Early Head Start is an educational program for children and families that live on a limited income. Assistance is for children from age of birth to three, and it can also help those that are pregnant. It is another federal program, and Early Head Start works to promote the development and growth of toddlers and infants.





What Snohomish County Human Services CAP may offer with local teachers is Developmental screenings and assessments, Health, nutrition, and mental health referrals, Weekly home visits, Free medical care, goal-planning, and parenting classes. It is offered across the county, including in Granite Falls, Arlington, Marysville, and Sultan Washington.

Early Childhood Education, or ECEAP, is a free preschool program for low income families and children. It works to help the child grow and help them access nutrition, health and family support services. It will provide for free medical, vision, dental and hearing screenings. There is also Health and Nutrition offered as well as developmental screenings.

The child’s parents can also sign up for and benefit from services as part of ECEAP. They can benefit from housing programs, employment, education, parenting, and leadership development classes. Snohomish County CAP and its staff will also offer referrals to community agencies and other resources. Or get help in applying for bnefits such as SNAP food stamps. Clients can gain access to job training and employment programs as well as learn about advocacy and leadership development.

Parents who need help, whether around budgeting, income, or employment, can get free advice too. Snohomish County Human Services CAP coordinate with non-profits, technical schools, colleges, and employers to help residents. Whether money management workshops, information on debt consolidation process and questions, or learning new skills, help is offered. As self-sufficiency involves employment, living within means, income, budgeting, and similar skills.

How to get help from Community Action in Snohomish County

There is one main office. For details on Childhood Education, LIHEAP, or other financial aid or job programs, call them. For more information and details, the Snohomish County Human Services CAP is located at 3000 Rockafeller Avenue, Everett, WA 98201. Call the office at (425) 388-7244.

By Jon McNamara











Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page