Assistance programs in Brazoria County.
In an emergency, there are financial assistance programs in Brazoria County that help low-income families. The funds can assist with paying rent or utility bill expenses or transportation. Or get free stuff including food, medical or dental care, gas vouchers or transportation. Get financial help near you in Brazoria County.
Find how and where to apply for grant money or a loan to help with bills. There are also job training programs, debt relief services and low-cost housing. Locate churches, charities, and government social services that help low-income families, single mothers or senior citizens in Brazoria County.
Financial assistance programs for bills, rent, and expenses
Senior assistance programs in Brazoria County help the elderly or people over the age of 60. ActionS, Inc. of Brazoria County, provides social and support services, free meals, and groceries to senior citizens. They also have information on government benefit programs, including Medicare, free money from the government for persons aged 60 years and older as well as home care. The goal is to help low-income seniors in Brazoria County so that they can maintain their dignity, purpose of life, and independence. The location is 1524 E. Mulberry, Angleton, Texas 77515. Call (979) 849-6132
The Salvation Army supports families in Angleton and throughout Brazoria County Texas. Among other services, the agency provides emergency financial assistance with basic needs of those in need of help. The Christian faith based charity helps anyone in need. The resources vary.
- Qualified clients may receive free stuff or financial help. There is food, prescription medicine, clothing, utilities and cooling bill help. There is even temporary homeless shelter to transients as well as emergency motel vouchers for the homeless. There are also assistance programs and job training for the unemployed seeking work, and disaster victims.
- Salvation Army services also help kids. In addition, a day care program for children ages 2 – 12 years is available. Or parents with kids, who struggle during the season, can get free school supplies, Christmas toys from Angel Tree or a Thanksgiving dinner.
There are multiple sites, with the main location in Freeport Texas. Dial 979.233.5420, or more details on the Salvation Army in Brazoria County.
Christian Helping Hands, Inc. - The agency offers financial assistance, with monetary limits in place. There are free grocery boxes as well as food. Or get gas for a doctor appointment, money for utility bills, or vouchers for prescription medicine for uninsured (up to $25).
Housing limits, which is sometimes available as a loan, are also in place from Helping Hands. Those include rent assistance ($50), free lodging (2 nights) at hotel, and clothing maximums exist as well. This will be two sets of clothing per family member from local non-profit resale shops. The address is 3402 Swensen Rd, Pearland, TX 77581. Call (281) 485-9776, or click here Christian Helping Hands information.
The Children's Center, Inc. can provide referrals, social services, and limited financial support. Most of the assistance is for low income families with young children. This includes free diapers, a car seat or crib as well as infant formula. The Family Crisis center can also arrange shelter and job counseling. Location is 4700 Broadway, Galveston, Texas 77551, call 409-765-6561.
The Brazoria County Community Action Council / Coastal Community also supports nearby counties too. Financial assistance and case management services help low-income persons, the unemployed and working poor. The funds and grant money can be used for paying natural gas, electric bills or propane costs in the persons name who is requesting assistance. There are also CEAP applications, which is the local version of LIHEAP.
- Most of the financial help is for helping individuals overcome their struggles and break the cycle of poverty and low income. Any funds are combined with job training services, case management, budgeting programs and long term stability.
- The non-profit agency provides assistance with paying electricity, cooling or gas bills. Households may also qualify to receive a free room air conditioner to cool their homes during the summer.
- Head Start and other assistance programs may be available. They help kids in Brazoria County get education support.
- Brazoria families may qualify for other financial aid or referrals from the community action agency council. This can include free food (information on pantries), housing (financial assistance for paying rent or deposits), job training, and financial literacy workshops. Staff work to help the low income in the area get back on track and find stability.
- Transportation is a focus too. This includes everything from a gas voucher to get to work to repairs, or a fix, to a car or truck. Locate free car fix places.
Among assistance coordinated is low income energy bill assistance and weatherization. Or apply for federal benefits such as SNAP food stamps or section 8 vouchers. A key goal is to prevent homelessness in Brazoria County and help people meet their basic needs. Dial (409) 762 -8418 or (409) 765-9951, or read more on Greater Coastal Community Action.
Brazoria County Community Development and Welfare Department - This government agency administers various public assistance programs as well as benefits. There are applications to Medicaid, SNAP food stamps or an EBT card, unemployment, and TANF cash assistance. They also help with SSI grants and other benefits in Brazoria County.
- There are other resources too. Social and Human Services are mostly administered at the state level, however residents in Brazoria County can access the public aid as well. All resources are available, ranging from SNAP food stamps to applications for Medicaid, disability or CHIP health care.
- Day Care programs are offered too. Free vouchers, cheap child care providers in Brazoria County as well as other benefits help low-income families. Locate free emergency daycare near you.
Social workers from the county partner with families faced with poverty to provide for their basic needs. The address is 1524 E Mulberry St, Angleton, TX 77515. Call (979) 864-1427. More information on public assistance in Brazoria County.
Free or low cost legal assistance can help with housing, utility issues, applications for public aid, and other civil matters. Lone Star is the name of the firm that offers this service to working poor and qualified low income families. The location is a non-profit law firm that employs experienced legal counsel, attorneys and law professionals. They give consults to low income and elderly clients in the area. Or look here for details on Texas free legal consults.
- The attorneys will provide free legal aid for civil legal cases only, including: representing rights of persons with handicaps or disabilities; the working poor, the elderly; and will assist clients with housing issues, foreclosures and consumer debt problems. There are free lawyers and pro-bono attorneys, and Brazoria County clients can get free support. More on legal advice from Lone Star.
Free stuff for basic needs, with a focus on clothes, furniture and school supplies, are available at several Brazoria County charities. The agencies operate either Clothing Banks or seasonal services, including free back to School Supply Drives. The center assist children, seniors, the working poor and others with their work attire or school needs, hygiene, and other requests. Or get free furniture, appliances and items for a home. More on Brazoria County free clothing closets, furniture or school supplies.
Rental assistance is available for low-income tenants. Several agencies focus on stopping evictions. There are non-profits and the government offering rent help. They can offer financial assistance to pay rent, funds for security deposits, and advice for dealing with an eviction. Almost all services are emergency, and will have income limits that need to be met. Learn more on rental assistance in Brazoria County.
Government funded homeless prevention programs are used to stop evictions, foreclosures, and provide accessible low income housing. Several non-profits may receive grants and offer support services. More details on homeless and eviction prevention in Brazoria County.
Brazoria County Neighborhood Center – Low income and senior households may qualify for energy bill assistance or a free room air conditioner. The non-profit can provide assistance with paying for gas or electricity bills if they meet income levels. Location is 2335 N Texas Ave, Pearland, TX 77581. Phone: (281) 485-1987
Society of Saint Vincent has locations in Brazoria County and the coast. They help the poor, homeless, single mothers and others. Everything from free vouchers (food, clothes, furniture, etc) to immediate financial help, transportation services, basic medical and more is offered. They also have information on organizations that help single mothers.
Christ Lutheran Church – Administers and can help people apply for LIEAP Electric Bill Payment Assistance, Gas Paying programs, and more. They also have free food, hot meals, clothes and household stuff from 86 Plantation Drive, Lake Jackson, Texas 77566, phone (979)297-2013
Brazoria County free food and nutrition assistance program
Pearland Neighborhood Center is a distribution center that provides free food and groceries for families in need. There are canned and fresh food. Or learn about services for low-income families in emergency or crisis situations. Call (281) 485-1987
National non-profits, including Feeding America, also cover Brazos County. They have surplus commodities, free pet food and of course groceries. Anyone facing hunger can use a center. Locate a Feeding America Food Banks list.
Brazoria County Dream Center, Inc. is a free distribution center at 792 Brazosport Blvd S, Clute, TX 77531. Get groceries, fruits, canned food and other items. Call (979) 388-0280
There are many other non-profits that focus on preventing hunger in Brazoria County. Whether it is free food, a hot meal, or applications to public aid, resources are offered. Find more free food banks and pantries in Brazoria County.
Free health and medical care in Brazoria County
Residents of Pearland and Brazoria County can get free health care from the Live Oak Clinic. It is an all volunteer, primary healthcare, non-urgent clinic for Brazosport families and individuals residents who do not qualify for Medicaid, Medicare or CHIP. The care is free for low-income people and those who do not have private health insurance plans.
- Some of the services provided include non-urgent primary healthcare, lab work & imaging, care of diabetes & hypertension, nutrition education and social service resources. There are also STD checks and basic dental. The medical is from nurses, doctors, physicians assistants, social workers and clerical workers. There are programs that offer dental services. Dial 979-388-0809, or find charities for free dental.
Another clinic to contact is the Brazosport Medical Center. The phone number is 979.239.1633. This clinic provides both medical and dental care, access to a a podiatrist, a chiropractor, an ophthalmologist. The non-profit also houses programs including WIC, Youth & Family Counseling Services and the Jesse Tree. They can even refer people to nation programs that provide free drugs and prescription medications. Learn more on places that give out free RXs.
Insulin assistance programs, for people with Type 1 or Type 2, are available. There are all types offered from various drug and pharmaceutical companies. Look here for help paying for lantus.
Sweeny Community Hospital - Provides a wide variety of medical services for low-income residents as well as the uninsured. They focus on patients of the Sweeny Community Hospital District, which lies within Brazoria County. Call (979) 548-1523
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com