latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website


Assistance programs in Vancouver and Clark County Washington

Vancouver and Clark County families that are struggling can get financial assistance from an agency below. Find how to get help with rent or a mortgage payments, free groceries from a food pantry, medical care from clinics, and even grants to he;lp pay utility bills. Non-profits as well as the government, and even churches, offer financial help to the low income.

There is more than just financial aid offered. Charities also work to get the basic needs of low income families. This comes in the form of free school supplies, clothes for work, job placement, and even items from free furniture banks. Or clients can seek government grants, loans from low cost lenders for paying bills, or even free Christmas gifts for their kids. More information is below.

Receive help for bills, emergency situations, and financial aid for essential services

The Clark County Community Action Program receives funds and grants from state, federal, local sources, and government programs. The money is used for many reasons, including offering emergency assistance for expenses and certain bills. Case workers also help to support the self-sufficiency and long term assistance of low income people.

  • Some of what is offered as part of the financial assistance programs includes energy bill assistance, homelessness prevention through funds for rent/mortgage assistance, emergency shelter, and case management or free counseling. There is also free child care vouchers, access to social or family services, and health, medical and dental care. Over one million dollars is provided every year for assistance programs. Unfortunately not everyone can be helped. Details on just a few of the programs are.
  • Weatherization and housing preservation They have a Housing Rehabilitation Program that will help low and moderate income homeowners. It provides financial assistance for home repairs. Also, the Weatherization assistance program will provide assistance and services to increase the number of low-income Clark County households who can receive energy saving improvements to their homes.
    The federal government pays for energy saving improvements in Clark County Washington. It can help low income families, seniors, or the disabled save money on winter heating bills or summer colling costs. A small number of homes may be accepted each year, and learn more on weatherization services near you.




  • Rent help and emergency shelter homeless prevention (ESHP) This provides money to stop evictions, prevent homelessness, and also give case management and counseling to families and individuals who are at risk of becoming homeless or are currently homeless. This assistance program was created to assist and support the operations of existing emergency shelters. Another big goal is to provide counseling and case management to homeless individuals.
    They also want to keep people in their homes and apartments, and the homeless prevention and intervention activities also include case management and also short-term cash grants and subsidies to help defray both rent and mortgage expenses. It comes down to the fact they want to help keep those families and individuals who are most at risk of becoming homeless in their current housing.

The primary state agency that provides the funds is located at 1601 East Fourth Plain Boulevard, in Suite C214, Vancouver, WA 98661. ContactClark County Community Action Program at (360) 397-2130 to learn more. However, to get access to rental and housing assistance funds contact 1-877-211-9274 to be directed to available agencies in the Clark County area.

Inter-Faith Treasure House offers the following. Low cost new or gently used clothing and household articles. Or get financial help in the form rent assistance. There are also grants to assist with paying utility, PUD, heating and water bills. Or get free food boxes, baby clothing and household items, such as furniture. All services are dependent on funding availability, including furniture. They are based in Camas Washington. Phone (360) 834-4181, or more on help from free furniture banks.

St. Vincent De Paul of Vancouver provides a host of programs, including direct financial assistance, primarily for food and clothing. They also have limited free school supplies as well as backpacks. Some assistance can be offered with medical or transportation needs in medical emergency on a one-time basis. Emergency prescriptions and drugs can be provided to patients by a parish. Some furniture may be available from time to time from the Clark County Society.

Or apply for limited rent, housing and utility bill assistance to families with children. Referrals to other agencies, charities, Washington state and federal government programs is offered by volunteers. Bus tickets may be available on a limited basis too. Dial (360) 694-5388, or read more on St. Vincent de Paul assistance programs Clark County Washington.





Clark County Veterans Assistance Program – May have help for veterans, widowed spouses or dependents of veterans. Programs may be offered for rent assistance; energy bills; free food; transportation; meals; prescription drug expenses; clothing; car repair; dental; medical expenses; and burial costs. 1601 E Fourth Plain Boulevard Room 141, Vancouver, Washington 98661, call (360) 397-8478

Vancouver area emergency shelter, transitional housing and apartments can help the low income and homeless by offering a place to live. Many of the non-profits that run these centers will also provide other support services, whether it is a referral to a loan for first months rent or food and case management. The goal of the transitional homes is to provide stability, and learn more Clark County short term housing.

Clark County Community Services Department works to prevent evictions, stop foreclosures, keep the power on and address home improvements. So they really focus on the housing and rental situation in Vancouver and the county. Some examples of what they may offer includes low income energy bill assistance, loans or grants for home repairs, weatherization, transitional housing, and Emergency Shelter Homeless. Many disabled and seniors benefit, in particular with home improvements. They may have information on emergency rent assistance too. Read Clark County Department of Community Services.

Clark Public Utilities Vancouver Service Center – Get information on and help applying for Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) here. 1200 Fort Vancouver Way, Vancouver, WA 98668, phone (360) 992-3000

Churches (SVDP) is another local non-profit that offers residents help. They run several referral and financial aid programs as well as employment services, and help people locate fulfilling employment. They also have details on using cell phone apps for saving or making extra money.

In addition to the job programs and employment support offered by counselors, people in need can gain access access to emergency financial assistance for paying bills, rent, one way bus tickets, and housing expenses. This is from the church at 11607 NE 87th Ave., Vancouver, Washington 9866. 2There is also free food passed out at most one time per month, child care and other basic needs to households experiencing illness, injury or recent layoff or unemployment. Call (360) 573-7199.

Renters and the homeless can seek help when needed. Social workers will offer guidance to those facing a crisis. If a resident needs referrals to financial aid, this can be arranged. There is also referrals available for families living in poverty, veterans, and the unemployed that are behind on their rent or bills. More on homeless prevention in Clark County.





Salvation Army Vancouver – Services offered by the non-profit in Clark County Washington include the following. Stop by for a 3-day food supply, limited funds for emergency lodging, clothing closet and utilities (electric, oil and propane), or free prescription medications. There may be funds for mortgage and rent assistance. In addition note that dental clinics are currently being held quarterly (every 3 months) for urgent basic dental care (extractions, fillings).

Seasonal help is also offered in Clark County. It originates from the thrift store or Salvation Army soup kitchen. This may be free Christmas gifts or toys or Thanksgiving turkey dinners. Or during the summer, students can get snacks for a meal or help from a free back to school supply giveaway event. Address is 7509 NE 47th Avenue, Vancouver, Washington 98661, phone (360) 448-2890. Or find additional assistance programs from Clark County Salvation Army.

Share, Incorporated – A housing grant can offer financial assistance for rental expenses and other housing needs. This grant can pay for monthly as well as overdue rent, security deposit, and service animal deposits. The program may even help with utility and heating bill assistance, which is currently limited to electricity, natural gas, sewer, garbage, utility, and water bills.

The non-profit Share provides other support as well, such as savings from IDA or free food for students. Another service is Adopt-a-Family for Christmas assistance and other financial aid. 1115 W 13th Street, Vancouver, Washington 98660, phone (360) 695-7658, or find help from Share in Clark County.

Housing Solutions Center and Council for the Homeless runs a hotline for the homeless and those threatened with it. There are various financial resources available for applicants, based on their income and other factors.

  • Financial aid for paying rent may be offered after an assessment is done.
  • Short term housing, ranging from shelter to transitional housing.
  • The Navigation Program provides clothing, food, and transportation to the homeless.
  • Many other services are administered. Click here assistance from council for the homeless.

Churches and Catholic Charities in Vancouver provide services across Clark County. While most of the support is non-monetary, from time to time the charity may have funds for paying expenses such as rent or heating bills. Most of the focus of the Clark County Washington agency though is on meeting basic needs. This includes food, free clothing, and resources such as the Kinship Navigator program.

Another goal is on offering shelter and short term transitional housing to low income families and the homeless. Free legal aid may be provided too, in particular for immigrants. Continue with Clark County Washington Catholic Charity programs.

Free programs at Thanksgiving and Christmas help low income families, especially those with children. Thousands of Clark County residents are assisted each year. They may be given a free Turkey meal, toys, gifts, and other help at Christmas or other key holidays. Applications are accepted from a number of local organizations. More on free holiday assistance programs in Clark County.

Several non-profit agencies and programs operate across the county and focus on offering solutions to housing difficulties. Read more on Clark County rent assistance.

Mortgage, debt and foreclosure counseling programs

The Community Housing Resource Center is a non-profit based in Vancouver that  provides advice. There is financial assistance, education and foreclosure and mortgage counseling to primarily low-income residents in Clark County. It helps people save their homes and repair their credit. Learn more on credit repair programs. Dial (360) 690-4496.

Clark County Washington residents can also get help in reducing, or eliminating, debts. Both medical as well as credit card bills can be addressed. Regional non-profits provide free advice and help in this process using a variety of tools. Find more details on credit card debt settlement services.

Child care and services

Ark of Clark County (phone (360) 254-1562) is an agency that focuses on the children and parents. It offers qualified people both whole family support and services as well as peer-to-peer parent coaching to gain competence in  improve parents' advocacy in the school setting, navigating services, and can help people address child care challenges and gain access to other forms of aid.







Free health and medical care in Clark County Washington

Free Clinic of Southwest Washington offers a wide variety of basic health and medical care for people with limited, no or low income who do not have insurance, who have limited insurance or who have state medical coupons. Services offered at the clinic include basic health care screening and medical assistance.

The community clinic also provides free immunizations and glucose tests, school sports physicals for children, cholesterol and blood pressure screening for adults, a vision clinic, and emergency prescription assistance. Vancouver Washington. Phone (360) 313-1390. Also click here for additional health and medical bill assistance programs from negotiators.

New Heights Church is another center that offers basic primary health and medical care for people who cannot afford health insurance and whose total household income is too high to qualify for Medicaid or public government assistance. Phone (360) 694-0355

The above centers are just two of the clinics in the area. Additional health and dental services are offered to the low income from additional locations. Find more Clark County Washington free clinics.

Information on free food, clothing, household good, and other aid

Clark County Adventist Community Services of Vancouver (phone (360) 695-8632) provides low income with clothing, limited household articles, groceries, baby layettes and emergency food.

North County Community Food Bank - Clark County provides emergency food and commodities. Phone 360-687-5007.

FISH of Vancouver - Runs a program that may be able to offer three to five day supply of emergency free food and clothing once per month. Call (360) 695-4903

Trinity Mission Cupboard is another place to contact for food and aid. (360) 693-4271

Many other charities and government programs may offer food or holiday meals. They also provide referrals to public benefits, such as WIC and surplus USDA commodities. In addition to these Vancouver Washington area food banks, find additional Clark County free food pantries and get information on the resources they provide.


By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site