latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Help Near Me

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Washington free child care assistance programs.

The three primary programs in Washington are the Seasonal Child Care (which is mostly for farm workers) as well as the Working Connections Child Care. Both of these will provide subsidies or free daycare, so the family will still need to pay a portion of their overall expenses. The third option is for currently homeless families and for this resource your entire expense can be paid.

The Washington Working Connections Child Care, or WCCC, may be able to assist low income and working poor families with paying for their day or child care. This is an option for those parents that are currently employed, attending training or maybe those who meet WorkFirst participation requirements.

If you apply and are found to be qualified for free or low cost day care, the state will assist. A family needs to use an approved and eligible provider in order to receive any financial assistance. The parent or family that is enrolled in the program will still need to pay a co-payment directly to the provider each month. There is often a waiting list for this program as well.

The state of Washington will start this waiting list when enrollment in WCCC is at capacity. Some exceptions can be made. If your family qualifies for priority status, you will not go on the wait list and may enroll immediately.

Some of the conditions of the Working Connections Child Care include the child who needs subsidized care must be a legal resident or of course a U.S. citizen. The parent also needs to be employed and meet income thresholds. Or they could be actively participating in a DSHS approved work activity.

If you qualify, subsidies can be issued to pay for certified child or day care centers or cover the entire cost, so it will be free. Parents can also decide to use relatives (such as grandparents) that provide care in their own homes. Or you can use a neighbor or adults who comes to your home. Dial 1-877-501-2233 or visit local Community Services Office to apply.

Another option is the Seasonal Child Care assistance program. This will distribute subsidies and vouchers to eligible, seasonally employed agricultural families or immigrants who live in certain designated counties in Washington. The applicant also can’t be receiving TANF benefits. The state can help pay for licensed or certified child care centers or home care.




The state of Washington Seasonal Child Care helps pay (by issuing subsidies) child care to eligible, low income seasonally employed agricultural families. It can provide them with safe, licensed child care while parents work on the farm and in otherwise agricultural settings.

This program is only offered in the counties of Adams, Benton, Chelan, Douglas, Franklin, Grant, Kittitas, Okanagon, Skagit, Walla Walla, Whatcom or Yakima Washington. The parent of course needs to be actively employed in agricultural work and meet income limits. Call the DSHS Customer Service Call Center at 1.877.501.2233 or stop by a local office to enroll. Or use the online Washington Connection system.

For either program, you should apply for services as soon as you know you will need help. Any benefits or financial aid provided by the state will start no sooner than the day you apply. Your provider will also need to complete an application, so that takes time too.

Homeless Child Care is the last component of state aid. This Washington program helps families that are homeless or who were evicted pay for child care or get free care. This is offered while they work, look for employment, or get the assistance they need to find stable housing in their community. This particular resource can offer short-term, completely free care to those that meet qualifications. This is not just a subsidy and that is a key difference for this component. The state will pay your entire expense.

Financial assistance will be provided so that children can attend licensed providers while adults in the family participate in activities to stabilize the family. The homeless program is for those residents that do not have a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence or permanent place to stay. It can help those residents that live in a car, shelter, or park. Assistance is also provided to people that live in transitional housing or with family or friends.





In order to qualify, the family needs to be actively seeking permanent housing and employment somewhere in the state. They could also be attending appointments for Medical or mental health issues, substance abuse, violence avoidance, or maybe they are enrolled into free legal help program.


By Jon McNamara

Contact NeedHelpPayingBills


















Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site