latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Search the site

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money





Rental assistance Clark County Washington.

Find help paying rent in Clark County and Vancouver Washington from grant money, loans, and free housing voucher programs. A number of housing and rental assistance programs are in place from charity organizations, the government and churches. Most of the financial help for housing costs or security deposits is focused on the low income, seniors, the disabled. Get help with rent near you in Clark County WA, including for tenants facing an immediate eviction.

Some of the rent assistance programs offered include homeless prevention and rapid Rehousing. There are also Section 8 housing vouchers, legal advice to stop an eviction, free motel programs and direct cash assistance to pay back rent or a security deposit. Most of the Clark County Washington non-profits can also refer families and individuals to other organizations, such as charities in Vancouver. There are also a number of both state of Washington and federal government rent and no wait list housing programs, including low income housing without a waiting list near you.

Agencies for assisting with rent or deposits in Vancouver Washington region

Clark County Department of Community Services / Council for the Homeless offers emergency rental assistance and funds for paying security deposits from the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program. There are also free motel or hotel vouchers, funds for moving or storage costs, and other solutions.

The non-profit Council for the Homeless mostly offer referrals to local non-profits that may administer grant programs for rent and housing costs. They also focus on rehousing families, seniors, and single parents into new, affordable apartments in Clark County. This involves guidance and case management, and there may be funds or loans for a deposit or first months rent too. Call (360) 695-9677.  For more information, dial the Housing Solutions Center at 360-695-9677. Continue with Department of Community Services rent assistance programs.

Clark County Veterans Assistance Program – The agency can help veterans, their immediate families, widowed spouses or dependents of veterans. Rent assistance, programs for paying bills, landlord or tenant mediation, counseling and other services are provided. The address is 1305 Columbia Street, Vancouver,WA 98660, dial (360) 397-8478.




North County Community Food Bank – May have information and referrals to local housing programs too. The address is 17 NE 3rd Ave, Battle Ground, WA 98604. Or dial (360)687-5007

Salvation Army Vancouver – May have limited funds for emergency lodging, rent, bills such as utilities, and other financial assistance. They help income qualified residents of Clark County and Vancouver Washington .They also operate homeless shelters and other resources for the homeless, working poor, and those in crisis. The charity is at NE 14th St, Vancouver, Washington 98684. For information on any rent help available, the phone number is (360) 448-2890

Vancouver and Clark County Housing Authority is the quasi government agency that administer section 8 housing choice vouchers. They also operate low income apartment, income based homes, and other programs that can help low income households afford their rent. Call (360) 694-2501. Note section 8 HCV often has a waiting list, but there are emergency section 8 vouchers. The main PHA office is at 500 Omaha Way, Vancouver, WA 98661.

St Vincent De Paul of Vancouver has multiple locations around Clark County Washington. Programs and aid offered includes rent help on a case-by-case basis for families with children, senior citizens , as well as disabled. Applicants to the program need to be willing to participate in working with a counselor and also accepting a home visit.

All rent and housing assistance is offered on a case-by-case basis. In addition, the non-profit can also offer referral to other outreach agencies for household items, furniture, tenant/landlord mediation, free legal assistance, and other aid. The main number is (360) 694-5388, or other locations are below.

  • PO Box 606, Battle Ground, WA 98604. Call (360) 576-0122
  • 324 NE Oak Street, Camas, WA 98607, (360) 834-2126
  • 2456 Stapleton Road, Vancouver, WA 98662, (360) 694-5388





Community Planning of Vancouver (phone number (360) 487-7952) also administers homeless assistance and eviction prevention. They may refer clients to no interest loans in an emergency, and the money can be used for rental and utility costs.

SHARE partners with DSHS and other groups to offer emergency rental assistance. Programs include HEN (Housing and Essential Needs), free furniture, advice on preventing an eviction, and referrals to state of Washington grant programs. There may be funds for renters as well as mobile lots and other housing related costs. Call the Vancouver agency at (877) 501-2233.

Eviction assistance/rehousing - These two non-profit and government funded programs help low income tenants and the homeless. There may be grants available for rent or heating costs, placement into a motel or transitional housing unit, and other support. Find how to apply for deposits or rent help to stop homelessness. Learn more on homeless prevention and rehousing in Clark County Washington.

Northwest Justice Project can provide free legal aid to tenants and seniors in Clark County. They help with housing needs, civil matters, and disputes over home repairs or security deposits. Attorneys focus on helping the less fortunate. Phone - (360) 693-6130.

Additional Clark County Washington rental assistance and housing agencies

Some of the non-profits and government agencies below may offer financial help, advice, or support. There may be rent grants for the unemployed, housing for people with a mental illness, and other resources. Each agency has limited funds and restrictions.

  • Housing Connections (Portland/Vancouver metro area). Call 503-823-4141
  • Housing Preservation Program: Call 360-397-2130
  • Housing Assistance: Clark County Community Services Department - Dial 1-877-211-9274 for agencies in the area.
  • Housing Assistance: Share Vancouver 360-256-5858
  • Network for Oregon Affordable Housing (NOAH) 503-332-3211
  • Salvation Army (rent payment and mortgage assistance) 360-694-9503
  • Shared Housing 503-225-9924
  • St Vincent de Paul (both rent help and utilities) 360-694-5388
  • Vancouver Housing Authority: 360-694-2501

Emergency housing and shelter programs in Clark County

  • Council for the Homeless Emergency Shelter Clearinghouse Hotline 360-695-9677 or 1-866-577-2503
  • JYP Oak Bridge Youth Shelter (housing for children ages 9 - 17) 360-891-2634 or 1-888-979-4357
  • Legacy of Life (pregnant women) 360-537-0234
  • My Father’s House (families only can get housing assistance) 503-492-3046
  • New Beginnings (pregnant young women) 360-989-0279
  • Open House Ministries (families) 360-737-0300
  • Safechoice (domestic violence) 360-696-0167 or 1-800-695-0167
  • Share House 360-695-9677




Transitional housing

  • Transitional Housing, Operating & Rent assistance (Share Vancouver) 360-448-2121
  • Vancouver Housing Authority: 360-694-2501
  • Breaking Free Ministries 360-737-9869 (messages), Men 360-910-4914, Women 360-910-7309
  • Central Park Place (Veterans and families) 360-735-7288
  • Clark County Work Release 360-397-2138
  • Columbia River Region Family Center 360-567-2211
  • Cornerstone Ministries - The Rock (men) 360-694-6843
  • Elehan Place (housing for mentally ill) 360-253-6019 or 360-993-3000
  • John Owens Recovery Housing 360-696-1631
  • JYP Oak Bridge (youth housing) 360-891-2634
  • Legacy of Life (pregnant women) 360-537-0234
  • New Beginnings (pregnant young women) 360-989-0279
  • Samaritan House (women) 360-694-6843
  • New Life Friends Church 360-694-6843
  • Open House Ministries (families) 360-737-0300


Related Content From


By Jon McNamara


Additional Local Programs












Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site