latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed






Help Near Me

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Assistance programs Boulder County

Low income families, senior citizens, and the disabled can get financial help with their bills, rent or mortgage payments and other support in Boulder County. Whether it is a cash grant, no interest loan, or even other social services (such as free food, foreclosure counseling or clothing), there is assistance available.

Find where to get utility, electric bill and emergency financial assistance in Boulder County below. The funds can be combined with case management, free legal aid, and other forms of assistance (including security deposit help or budgeting workshops) in an effort to break a cycle of poverty. There are a number of government grant money programs, free stuff from charities in Boulder Colorado as well as churches that help struggling households.

Emergency financial help for paying bills in Boulder County

Emergency Family Assistance Association (EFAA) - Meets local residents emergency needs for short term help with food, rent and housing expenses, transportation costs, and utility bills. Call 303-442-3042

  • Medical expenses and bills - The EFAA agency may be able to provide financial assistance in the paying of minor medical bills and health care expenses. This can be for people in Boulder County without health insurance too, or those on Medicaid. Minor medical expenses will usually include children’s prescriptions, partial assistance for eyeglasses, and similar.
  • Rent assistance - Partial payments for overdue rent.
  • Groceries - Receive free food and groceries from a food bank and pantry.
  • Transportation - Usually free bas tokens are offered. EFAA also has referrals to car loan payment programs, including counseling to reduce the monthly payment on auto loans.
  • Utility and heating bills - Receive vouchers or grants for energy bills. For other utility bill help resources.

Many other services may be offered by the non-profit EFAA. Applicants range from the underemployed to seniors and single parents, among others from the community. Find how else they can help, and locate programs from Emergency Family Assistance Association.

Another option is OUR Center. (dial 303-772-5529). They administer what is known as a Basic Needs program. This resource involves professional caseworkers and highly trained volunteers meeting with an applicant. If they are found to be qualified, they can receive emergency food, heating bill grants, transportation even including free gasoline cards in Boulder and more.




Based on funding, OUR may assist with utilities, furniture, money to pay for minor medical prescriptions, referrals for emergency homeless shelter, and homeless-prevention help. This can include rent payment assistance, referrals to mortgage programs, and utility assistance. This is a crisis / emergency program. Find information on Colorado mortgage programs. Read more on mortgage help in Colorado.

The non-profit Outreach United Resource Center, Inc., has other social services. Clients can get referrals to places for limited funds to help with paying rent and utility bills. The charity provides other free stuff too, such as medications, eyeglasses, and even case management with partners such as Intercambio Comunidades. Also has budget and credit counseling and information on building savings is offered.

Funds and resources are limited. An appointment is required applicants unless client has eviction/shut-off notice, or some type of crisis. Programs support the St. Vrain Valley School District area, including parts of Boulder, Weld, and Larimer counties. They support Boulder County from 220 Collyer St, Longmont, CO 80501. Call 303-772-5529, or continue reading assistance from Outreach United Resource Center.

Last, but not least, Sister Carmen Community Center offers financial aid, however they only cover a portion of Boulder County. Such assistance provided by this charity may include, but is not limited to, emergency food and groceries, new or gently used clothing, school supplies, and other basic necessities for bills and household expenses.

Advocacy is provided to by SCCC, and this can include applications to public benefits, such as free or affordable child care, and more. Dial 303-665-4342. More on Sister Carmen Community Center assistance programs.

The Carriage House Community Table, of Boulder Colorado (Phone (303) 442-8300) may be able to offer limited funds. The money is made available to provide grants and financial assistance for paying Rent, Prescription Medications, and Eyeglasses. In addition, a Director's Discretionary Fund is available to be primarily used to pay for hotel vouchers or a room when people are sick or for expensive medication. Or free bus passes for transient people.





Salvation Army social services and the thrift store in Boulder County supports both the low income and people looking to save money. The charity provides everything from discounted furniture to free Christmas toys and clothing to residents. Also, the location can be a source of information on financial aid, referrals to food banks, and other help.

The Salvation Army in Boulder may have, from time to time, a few dollars to help pay rent in a crisis or for utility bills (to help someone keep their power on). Or students can get free back to school supplies or snacks during the summer, or inquire into after school services. More on Salvation Army Boulder County.

The Bridge House has limited funds available to provide financial assistance for paying for prescriptions, rent, and eyeglasses. In addition, a Director's Discretionary Fund is available that can be used to provide hotel vouchers when people from the county are sick or for expensive medication. 1120 1/2 Pine St, Boulder, CO, 80302. Call 303-442-8300, or learn more Bride House assistance programs.

Boulder County AIDS Project - Grants are for clients with symptomatic infection who have urgent needs that their regular income cannot cover. Expenses such as rent, insurance premiums, medical bills, and more is covered. Both families of AID or HIV patients as well as the patient can get help, even including medical transportation. Call 303-444-6121

Boulder County Housing and Human Services processes applications for the Low Income Energy Assistance (LEAP). This can offer grants and funds for paying a portion of a heating bill. Weatherization is also offered as well as information on section 8 in Colorado.

The Human Service Department also coordinates many other services in the county. The public aid includes programs such as Old Age Pension for senior citizens, free child care vouchers for parents (or single moms) with kids, SNAP food stamps and much more. The office is in Longmont, Colorado. Call 866-432-8435 to learn more on the government benefits available, or read more details here on Boulder public assistance programs.

VOA of Colorado provides food, low income housing, and referrals to loan programs for paying rent. A major focus is on veterans (and their families) as well as the disabled or homeless. The non-profit Volunteers of America operates across Colorado and Boulder, and focus on the homeless and very low income. Programs are also for veterans and the disabled in the region. Click VOA of Colorado programs.

Housing, shelter and rental programs - Assistance is available in Boulder County that is focused on addressing housing needs. The homeless can use emergency shelters while senior housing is available too. Families facing eviction can explore emergency financial assistance for paying their rent. Read more on the rental assistance in Boulder.

Catholic Charities and churches in the Boulder region can be turned to when facing a crisis. They offer social services and limited financial aid. For those that qualify, receive financial help for paying rent, shelter costs, and heating bills. Other more material type and case management services include subsidized child care, the Kinship program, a resource known as low income Archdiocesan Housing, and many other. Find more details on help from Boulder Catholic Charities.





Health and free medical care services

One of the clinics to receive medical care at is Clinica Campesina. The phone number is (303) 650-4460 or 303-665-9310. This health care clinic provides either free or low cost, high quality and accessible health care to underserved populations. Low income and others with limited or no health insurance can also receive support. Not only can they help with regular medical needs, but clients can even learn of more specialized services, such as how to get free diabetic supplies.

If you need access to free dental programs, Dental Aid (phone 303-665-8228) offers a host of low-cost or free dental health care programs, prevention and education to low-income Boulder County residents. Services offered include cleanings, check ups, and some minor dental operations.

There are ways to get help with existing dental bills too. Government grants, as well as charities, can help kids, adults, as well as the low income. Find financial assistance with dental work.

Consultation from attorneys and free legal advice in Boulder

Colorado Legal Services was formed by various lawyers and legal professionals that give back to the less fortunate. The team has a goal of providing free legal services to low income, working poor, elderly and others who can’t afford an attorney. They also help with transportation needs, and find car assistance programs near you.

The bottom line is that the the non-profit law firm provides low-income Boulder County residents with free legal representation and/or advice in civil legal matters, such as foreclosure fillings, divorces, consumer debt issues, and other cases. The attorneys can help with applications to public assistance programs too, including SSI disability, section 8 housing and food stamps. Call them at 303-449-7575, or click here to read more on free lawyers in Colorado.

Free food , groceries and hunger prevention assistance programs

Community Food Share works with various local pantries and charities. They collect from donations, stores, as well as monetary funds and distributes food and consumable supplies to the needy. Groceries, baby formula and personal toiletries may be offered too. The center also works with non-profit food pantries and meal programs throughout Boulder County, so this means they support those other local charity groups as well. Call 303-652-3663.

Sister Carmen Community Center is a local pantry for the less fortunate. and is based in Lafayette. Call 303-665-4342.

In addition to those options, several other food banks, soup kitchens for meals and pantries serve the region. They may have free food, Christmas meals, canned or fresh groceries, and maybe basic goods such as clothing. More on food pantries in Boulder.

Nederland Community Presbyterian Church - The non-profit runs an emergency food pantry which is open to residents of western Boulder county. Nederland Colorado based, call (303) 258-3579.

St. Thomas Food Bank - Two programs run include a free food package once a month to any individual or family in need, and the non-profit also distributes government food commodities on a monthly basis to those in need. Click here to learn more on food stamps. Call (303) 444-4159

Free community clinics in Boulder County

Clinica Family Health Services is a community medical clinic that offers health care on a sliding fee scale. Among other services offered include primary health care which is provided for low income persons and people without health insurance. Services even include a full range of primary and preventive medical care.







Also dental care and mental health are provided after people are registered as medical patients. Pharmacy service, low cost medications and other services also available for register patients. Lafayette Colorado. Call (303) 449-6050

Rent and mobile home park assistance

An agency to turn to for rent help, including for lots or mobile is, in Boulder is the Emergency Family Assistance Association (EFAA) (phone 303-442-3042). Both can support people with housing and rent help. An example of the rent assistance and programs offered are as follows:

The city encourages funds to lot owners. As the government has decided that turning the existing mobile homes into affordable, low income housing would be cheaper than building new affordable housing and trying to find new homes for the mobile park residents.

In addition to the aid from the city of Boulder EFAA above, the Orchard Grove mobile home park has set up a fund that will also help vulnerable residents pay their monthly rent expense. This fund will be sponsored by the Emergency Family Assistance Association and will provide monthly rent subsidies.


By Jon McNamara














Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site