latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Help Near Me

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Assistance programs Marion County Oregon and Salem.

Low income families and those in an emergency can get financial assistance from churches, government agencies, or charities. Find grant money or funds to help with rent or security deposits in Marion County OR, grants to pay electric or utility bills, free food from pantries in the Salem region, and even medical or dental care. Get financial help near you in Marion County Oregon.

Charities give out free stuff too in the Salem area, including a car for a job. Clients can be given free back to school supplies for their kids, professional clothes for work, diapers, or Christmas toys for the holidays. Other support is given too. Learn where to apply for this form of assistance along with job training, free debt or mortgage relief, and even gasoline vouchers for work.

Grant money from community action

All of the services, resources, and programs you will find below are either administered or you can be referred to them by the non-profit Mid-Willamette Valley Community Action Agency. This agency can provide you with financial aid or hardship grants from these programs. Or community action can refer you to other charities, state of Oregon, or federal government programs.

  • Child care information is offered. The Salem and Mid-Willamette Valley Community Action Agency can help people pay for child care costs as well. The program can also refer people to free federal and local government programs, provide information on how to get free quality child care in Salem Oregon, and provide families with other services.
  • Housing and rental assistance programs - There are various agencies listed below that may help low income tenants and families in crisis pay their housing costs. In addition, the Marion County Oregon community action agency may have funding too, from time to time. Or for more immediate needs, find rent help for same day needs.
  • Marion County Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is an option. This program, which helps people pay their heating and utility bills, provides fuel assistance payments, budget counseling, as well as free client education. There is also utility liaison, and other support activities for low to moderate income clients who live in Salem and Marion County. Find additional ways to get help with heating bills, including free heating oil. Learn more on free home heating oil resources.




  • Reduce energy bills from free Weatherization Program. The community action agency administers it. This energy conservation assistance program helps the elderly, low-income clients, and the disabled by providing them with free weatherization. Get free weather-stripping of windows and doors or a free window. Or get help with wall, floor, and ceiling insulation, water heater insulation, duct insulation and sealing, furnace repairs and replacement, and information on health and safety programs.
  • Free job placement and training programs - The Salem Oregon agency help people gain new skills, find a job, even start a business. As all of these are key to breaking a cycle of poverty. There is also free business advice, partnerships with SCORE, and other programs. Locate a SCORE free business advisor.

Call the community action agency at (503) 585-6232. The location of the main office is 2475 Center St NE, Salem, OR 97301.

Emergency financial assistance programs in Marion County

ARCHES Transitional Housing Program has social services This organization will provide funds and free government grants to be used for rental assistance. There is also housing placement, and case management to families or individuals who are on the brink or are currently homeless in Marion County. Eligible participants in the program will be need to experiencing numerous barriers to maintaining and accessing housing. The agency is located at  615 Commercial St NE, Salem, OR 97301. Or call them at (503) 399-9080.

  • ARCHES also offers rent assistance from TBRA - HUD. Get help paying your rent from the Tenant-Based Rental Assistance Program. It covers private housing in Salem Oregon, including for low-income families and people with bad credit. This is a resource that provides low income and other needy people with rent assistance for up to a twelve-month period. The funds can be used to prevent an eviction, or pay monthly rent. In addition, case management and counseling services are also offered. Dial 503-399-9080 to learn more.

Yet another option is Community Action Resource Centers. These centers offer emergency financial assistance, rent help, referrals and information. There are also free hotel vouchers in Marion County, classes, counseling and support groups. The Resource Centers are located in Dallas Oregon. Call (503) 623-8429. Another site for seniors only is at (503) 831-0581.





Independent Living Program. This organization only helps families with kids, including single mothers or fathers. Get counseling, job training, provides rent and financial assistance and case management services to those families at risk of becoming homeless. Call the agency at 503-945-5684, or look here for rent help.

Other non-profits and government agencies offer rent help. The focus is on preventing homelessness in the community. Some agencies in Salem can also provide a grant for a security deposit on a new, low income home. Locate additional Marion County Oregon rental assistance.

  • Marion County non-profits offer tenants eviction help and supports the homeless. There may not only be government grants to pay rent, but other housing needs such as heating or water bills, legal support, and even motel vouchers. The goal of agencies, including ARCHES, is to increase the amount of affordable housing as well as keep families safe and secure. More information on homeless prevention in Marion County.

Another community action helps too. Salem Oregon residents may be able to receive limited financial assistance from Northwest Human Services. The non-profit may be able to offer one time rent help, utility, heating and prescription financial assistance for residents of Salem only. The center also provides free food boxes to people in need. Call (503) 581-5535

Financial help Marion County ORSalvation Army Cascade Division helps people in Marion County too. The non-profit provides seasonal heating bill assistance for low income customers of Pacific Power, PGE, and NW natural from January to May only of each year, or until funding runs out. They also offer year long financial assistance for water and electric bills for Salem Electric customers or help for gasoline as well.

  • In addition, various social services and case management is available in Marion County. The Salvation oversees seasonal programs as well, such as free Christmas assistance including toys, coats for kids, back to school supplies, and the non-profit may have some funds for homeless prevention. This may include money for rent, homeless shelters, or even winter motel vouchers. Call (503) 585-6688, or find more Salvation Army Marion County Oregon assistance programs.

St. Joseph Shelter – The non-profit provides free food, new or used clothing, and emergency financial aid (for water, electricity, gas, & sewer bills). Also access prescription drugs or a free clinic. Address is 925 South Main Street, Mount Angel, Oregon 97362, call (503) 845-2468. Only serves residents of Mt. Angel and Monitor Oregon.

  • There are a number of other bill paying services as well as ways to save money on the Salem Oregon area. There are resources for car insurance, home repairs, HVAC units, space heaters, vet bills and so much more. Here is a comprehensive list of getting help with bills.




Congregations Helping People - Case management is offered for helping low income families. Find referrals to local services who can help to meet their needs. Limited funding may also be offered for rent or utilities. Location is 820 Jefferson St NE, Salem, OR 97301, phone number (503) 391-4365

Public aid and benefits, such as applications for HEAP, are available in Marion County. There are a number of services, ranging from weatherization to employment from Workforce Services. Other support is for veterans, and low income families can apply for SNAP food stamps and more. This also includes cash aid as well as grant type programs too. Or get free day care in Marion County Oregon, SSI applications and money for seniors. Continue with public assistance in Marion County.

St. Vincent De Paul Society Emergency Services and Food Bank – Resources offered include free food as well as clothing closet. Sack lunches for homeless are distributed. Also get emergency assistance for paying rent, utility bills (including propane) and limited prescription vouchers.  There is also a thrift store for low cost items, and find more details on Saint Vincent de Paul thrift stores for deals.

  • One site is at 3745 Portland Road NE, Salem, OR 97301, call (503) 364-5672.
  • A second location is at 417 Harrison Street, Woodburn, Oregon 97071, phone (503) 981-5011.
  • Get more details on St. Vincent Marion County programs.

Silverton Area Community Aid - Offers emergency services gas, water, gas, heating, prescription and electric bills. Location is 421 South Water Street, Silverton, Oregon 97381, call (503) 873-3446

Legal Aid Services of Oregon and Marion County is at 280 Liberty St SE #320, Salem, OR 97301. Call (503) 581-5265 for a free lawyer. Get help with housing needs, stopping an eviction, and civil cases. They also help stop debt collectors and provide support with financial needs.

Innovate job programs as well as technology can be used for making money. There are websites, smart phone applications in Marion County Oregon, free computer labs, workforce one centers and so much more.  Almost every single one of them is free to use. Even find things such as how to make money on social media.

Free items in Marion County Oregon and help from voucher programs

There are charities that focus on providing free Christmas and holiday help in Marion County. Most of the assistance is very localized, and is even run by government affiliated groups such as a fire department. However low income families with kids can be given clothing, free Christmas toys for their child, and even food baskets. More information on free Christmas and holiday help in Marion County Oregon.







Free clothes closets are available when items are needed for work, school, or maybe a job interview. The non-profits collect gently used clothing to meet the needs of families living in poverty or the homeless. However the Salem Oregon agencies also provide additional support, such as vouchers to shop, diapers, back to school supply giveaway programs or counseling to new parents. Find Marion County free clothes closets and school supplies.

Free baby wipes, diapers, and supplies are given out to low-income families as well as single mothers. The goal is to ensure the infant has the items they need, including clothe or disposable diapers for those in a crisis. Learn more on free diaper banks.

Foreclosure prevention in Salem OR and debt relief

One non-profit agency to call for advice and help is Apprisen Financial Services. Credit and housing counselors from Apprisen Financial Advocates are able to provide clients with a wide variety of free or low cost services. They help with auto loans, credit cards, mortgages and more. Find other details on Oregon mortgage assistance.

  • They include budget and debt repayment solutions, mortgage delinquency or foreclosure and mortgage default resolution counseling. They have in office in the Salem area. Call (800) 355-2227. Another service from the agency is offering solutions such as tips on refinancing credit card debt.

Free medical care community clinics

Patients have several different clinics they can turn to for low cost health care, advice, and information. Or click here to find how to get medical bill help.

Willamette Family Medical Center - A small practice that is non-profit and offers some services on a sliding fee scale. Some of the health care offered includes acute care, preventative care, minor emergencies, family planning, and immunizations. Call (503) 585-6388.

Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic - Farm workers and immigrants may be able to receive low cost medical care. There are physicals, exams, basic dental care and other free services. Call (503) 982-2000.

There are other free dentists, health care centers and additional medical support in Marion County for the low-income or uninsured. Find more Marion County Oregon free community clinics and health care centers.

Food pantries and free grocery assistance programs in Marion County Oregon

If you or your family need non-monetary assistance, such as free food, meals, groceries, clothing, or similar items, then contact a food bank or pantry in the county. Most of the locations do not have financial aid, but they can help meet other needs that individuals may have, including information on doubling food stamp program.

Call or stop by one of the following for food for you and/or your family. Or if these organizations can’t help, there are additional charities to try. Many of the charities also serve hot meals from soup kitchens. Find more free food pantries in Marion County.

Lord's Cupboard, which is located at Trinity United Methodist Church - This charity runs a free food bank for the low income. Call (503) 585-8851. The location is 590 Elma Ave SE, Salem, OR 97317.




Emergency Food Program is offered by Silverton Area Community - If you are faced with a crisis, dial 873-3446. They give out free groceries, hygiene supplies, bread and more.

Salem Oregon based Hope Station Community Services, Inc. Call (503) 886-9138. Those who are currently working, but who are still struggling, may be able to get free food, holiday meals, personal items, and much more.


Related Content From


By Jon McNamara

Contact NeedHelpPayingBills


















Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site