Assistance programs Madison County Mississippi.
Find financial assistance programs and free stuff in Madison County. There are options for low-income families, unemployed, single moms and others who are struggling. Whether it is grant money from a charity to help pay an utility bill or a rent/housing payment, or free medical or dental care from a clinic, a list of resources is below. Locate financial help near you in Madison County MS.
Find how to get assistance from any number of charities, churches or government organizations in the Canton MS area. Charities may offer financial aid from a loan or grant. Or they give out free stuff, including school supplies, furniture, clothes, or Christmas toys. Madison County residents can also get support around employment and saving money, including everything from using free clothing closets to budgeting, debt reduction, as well as other tools.
Madison County MS Community Action Agency Programs
There is a regional community action agency that provides a wide variety of assistance programs, ranging from grant money to debt reduction, income tax help and more. A sample of their resources are below.
- Community Services Block Grant - This program is fairly all encompassing. It provides counseling, help with bills and living expenses, as well as other forms of support. Each year the agency has some grant money to pay for these services in Madison County.
- Programs offered include securing and retaining meaningful employment.
- There are also free health services, including medical and dental for people with no insurance or that are on Medicaid.
- Community Action rent and housing programs are offered. Get assistance for obtaining and maintaining adequate housing. This can include home buying resources, foreclosure prevention and possible rent help. Locate help with rent near you .
- Weatherization assistance program provides funding t low income, the elderly, and disabled in Madison County MS. The program works by improving the process of making the homes of qualified (which will be primarily elderly, disabled or low income families with young children) to live in safer, healthier, and energy efficient homes. The Weatherization Assistance Program services reduce the amount of energy required to heat or cool a home, and therefore help people save on their energy bills.
Call the South Central Community Action Agency, Inc. to learn more or to apply for help. Phone 601-855-5710 or (601) 847-5589. Case managers will often provide referrals to other local programs as well, such as security deposit programs for the homeless and other aid. Read South Central Mississippi Community Action Agency.
Emergency financial help for housing, utilities, food and more in Madison County
United Way of The Capital Area - This non-profit funds and partners with various local charities, non-profits, and other organizations throughout Madison County. Some of the programs they may fund or offer are listed below.
- Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) - May have funds that can be used to pay rent or mortgage.
- FamilyWize Prescription Drug Cards - This card can help you save on prescription medications and by providing discounts.
- CredAbility (formerly CCCS) - Debt help, counseling, as well as mortgage and foreclosure assistance programs. Find additional credit counseling agencies.
- Jackson Free Medical Clinic - Low cost or maybe even free medical care for low income and uninsured. There is also the Caring Hands Medical/Dental Clinic.
- Mission First Medical and Dental Clinic - Get dental and medical care, and ways to reduce health care bills.
- Technology - The United Way allows the use of computers to apply for benefits, employment, and may even pass out free surplus laptops.
- Keep the Change! (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program) - Receive free state and federal income tax preparation.
Call the United Way agency at (601) 948-4725 for help.
Madison County Salvation Army - Often working in partnership with local charities and non-profits, case managers from the Salvation Army will help fulfill basic needs. Resources may be a free food pantry or funds for paying rent or electric bills. Other assistance is offered around the holidays, including free Christmas toys from Angel Tree, or they have information on homeless shelters in Mississippi.
Or shop at the low cost Family Store or apply for free school backpacks as well as supplies. There may be vouchers to pay for gasoline as well as worship services, a homeless shelter and other support. Read more on Salvation Army Madison County assistance programs.
Madison County Good Samaritan Center - Churches, charities, volunteers, and non-profits make up this organization. They focus their assistance on the working poor, seniors, and less fortunate. The organization will often provide advice and referrals, with some occasional financial support. Some programs in Canton area may be.
- Food assistance from a pantry.
- Referrals to financial aid, including free gas vouchers for a job interview
- Emergency support in a crisis, such as work clothing or bus tickets.
- Information on low income housing and rental assistance.
- Other resources are available as well. Click details on Good Samaritan Center in Canton area.
Madison County Citizens Services Agency provides transportation to critical appointments (such as a doctor) and utility bill assistance from LIHEAP. Some of the assistance is available in the form of a grant. Other services include the following:
- MCCSA may offer information on loans for paying for housing, rent, and more.
- Commodity foods feed immigrants, seniors, and single parents with kids.
- Outreach is a general information service.
The non-profit is located at 140 West Center Street, Canton, Mississippi 39046, dial (601) 855-5710. Or more on assistance from Madison County Citizens Services Agency.
Charities, churches, and non-profits offer free holiday help. Find where to apply for a free toy for a child for Christmas, clothing, or how to receive a Thanksgiving or holiday meal. Volunteers and businesses help the less fortunate. More on Madison County free Christmas assistance.
Madison Countians Allied Against Poverty is a non-profit based in Canton. It works to break the cycle of poverty and low income in the region. Resources include food, clothing, free furniture for a home as well as education and housing repair assistance to clients registered with us as living below the federally mandated poverty level in Madison County, MS. It relies on donations and partnerships with many charities in the county.
Other assistance programs include a free clothes closet and Krista's Kottages, which is a home building program. The homeless can get referrals to security deposit programs or other housing support. They also provide beds and needed household goods for those that do not have them. Call (601) 407-1404
Free stuff is given from charity run clothing closets. This will be everything from shoes to school or work uniforms to general adult or child sized clothes. Women and men will be able to get items they need in various sizes. More or free clothes closets.
Madison County Department Human Services processes application to public assistance and government benefits. Programs range from SNAP food stamps to USDA meals, Medicaid insurance, and TANF cash assistance. There is also information on free workforce centers, elder care, disability and other government grant programs. The address of DHS is 867 Martin Luther King Dr N, Canton, MS 39046, and dial (601) 859-1276.
Housing Authority operates income based apartments, homes, and housing units. There is also section 8 housing vouchers, including the ability to expedite or port a HCV. The main location is 120 Faith Ln, Canton, MS 39046. Call (601) 859-4032, or learn more on applying for emergency housing choice vouchers.
Debt help is available in Madison County Mississippi. A big focus of free non-profit credit counseling agencies is on helping clients avoid predatory lenders including payday loan companies. However there is also support around helping with credit card debt, auto loans, and general financial counseling. Find legitimate alternatives to payday loans.
Groceries and free food is available from pantries as well as soup kitchens. Or very low income families can apply for programs such as USDA SNAP food stamps. The bottom line is that struggling families in Madison County may be able to receive everything from clothing to baby formula, fruits, holiday help, or even apply for Meals on Wheels. Read free food pantries in Madison County.
Our Daily Bread is a pantry and soup kitchen in Madison County. It provides the needy with a nutritious hot meal for lunch as well as offering a food pantry. There will be groceries, holiday meal baskets and other items. Location is 313 W Franklin St, Canton, MS 39046, call (601) 859-9211 for intake.
Parkway Pentecostal Church is a food pantry for Madison County. Call (601) 853-2607.
Canton Family Clinic - The medical center offers free or low cost care. It can include dental services, basic check ups, and medications. Uninsured and low income families from Madison County can turn to the center. Telephone - (601) 859-2611. The address is 120 E Academy St, Canton, MS 39046.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com