Assistance programs Campbell County Kentucky
Low income families will get immediate financial help, free items, and social services in Campbell County. Find charities that operate free food pantries, government agencies that help with rent, utilities or mortgage payments, free medical clinics, churches that help the poor and more. Get financial assistance near you in Campbell County
The assistance can also include everything from free clothes or Christmas toys to legal aid, information on gasoline vouchers, job programs, and various other social services. There is grant money to help pay bills, including electric in Fort Thomas, Alexandria and Newport as well as long term support.
Community action grants that help with bills
Low and moderate income families, veterans, seniors and people with no money can turn to the Northern Kentucky Community Action Commission, Inc.. There are resources, or referrals to, programs for rent, medications, debts, mortgage advice, grants to pay a light bills and other expenses. It is a non-profit agency that offers residents a variety of services and financial resources.
- Prescription drug assistance is offered. Community action has formed a partnership with the St. Vincent de Paul Community Pharmacy. Together the two organizations offer qualified clients free medications including vouchers. There are some criteria in order to be eligible. Applicants to the program must live in the Northern Kentucky region and they cannot have prescription drug coverage as part of their current health insurance. Also, individuals with Medicare Part D plans may also be eligible for free drugs. More on charities that help with prescription drugs.
- Debt help, mortgage relief and financial counseling is available. The Northern Kentucky Community Action Commission understands that for people to become self-sufficient, that they need to develop financial skills, and also get out of debt. They know how important it is for individuals and families to catch up on mortgage payments, understand budgeting, credit, banking, predatory lending, and get credit card help. This program will also provide families and individuals with basic financial literacy counseling and advice.
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is but one of the heating and energy assistance programs offered. It is funded by the federal government. The Subsidy portion of the program provides a credit or direct cash payment to a household’s primary utility company. The LIHEAP program is available based on the Campbill County KY applicant’s household’s total income, and an applicant does not need a disconnection notice to apply for help. The Subsidy component of the program operates in November and December each year, and there is also a crisis component which provides immediate relief.
- Home repairs and weatherization in Campbell County are for low-income families, seniors and the disabled. This is a wide ranging program. Both weatherization and free home repair services are available for low and moderate income families throughout Campbell County, and the eight county region of Northern Kentucky. They have a weatherization department which has received numerous awards for the quality of work, and the intent of these programs are to help people save on their energy bills, and ensure their homes are safe.
- Food assistance from community action is offered. They include Emergency Food Pantries, which are available for those low income and struggling families who do not have groceries on their shelves at home, and it can also help people while they are waiting for SNAP food stamp benefits to start. Another part is the Commodity Supplemental Food Program, which will provides a monthly box of groceries to low-income senior citizens. Last, but not least, the Emergency Food Assistance Program will provide monthly government commodities (bread, meat, cheese, etc.) to low-income households throughout Alexandria and Campbell County Kentucky.
- Rental and housing assistance from community action agency can also help people stay in their homes or apartment, stop an eviction, provide overall rent help, and refer people on how to get mortgage help. The Northern Kentucky Community Action Commission provides applicants with a variety of rental assistance services. There is includes emergency utility bill assistance, security deposits, funds for moving costs, foreclosure prevention advice, and more. Read details on mortgage programs.
They have several offices around the region. Stop by the main Northern Kentucky Community Action Commission, Inc. location at 437 West Ninth Street, Newport, KY 41071, or call them at 859-431-4177 to learn more about programs and resources they offer. More on NKCAC Northern Kentucky Community Action Agency.
Emergency financial assistance for rent, utilities and food in Campbell County
Brighton Center - Ann Street - Several services are offered to qualified residents. A small amount of money can be provided to pay rent, housing costs or other bills. Vouchers can provide for the purchase of clothing or household items at very low prices, and a free food pantry is open that allows families to shop for their own groceries or personal hygiene supplies.
- The center provides utility, power and heating bill assistance to eligible residents. Other financial aid includes gasoline money or bus vouchers. Some services offered included employment, career counseling, and job finding programs. Also sign up for credit type counseling, including budgeting, credit repair, and debt relief advice. The location is 741 Central Ave, Newport, KY 41071 call (859) 491-8303, or learn more on low income credit card assistance.
Section 8 housing vouchers are offered in Campbell County. Low to moderate income families can receive rent assistance, self-sufficiency, and case management. There is information on no wait list apartments, emergency HUD section 8 as well as other resources for the disabled, single moms and veterans among others. The main address is 1098 Monmouth St # 235, Newport, KY 41071. Phone: (859) 261-5200.
Foodbank and social service agency known as Freestore offers emergency boxes of groceries, food, baby formula, Ensure for seniors and EBT applications. There is also homeless prevention, among other services. Clients can receive outreach and advice from the Campbell County Customer Connection Center, and this may be available in the form of referrals to security deposit programs or one time government grants. Much more is offered too, and read more on Freestore Food Bank programs.
Salvation Army of Newport Kentucky administers carious emergency assistance and social services. The center is at 340 West 10th Street, Newport, Kentucky 41071, telephone (859) 291-8107 or (859) 360-2675. Services include a food pantry, free Christmas assistance, toys, and more. Some limited financial help for needs such as rent, utilities, or medications may be offered. More Salvation Army Kentucky programs.
- There are additional Salvation Army centers located across northern Kentucky. In addition to some of the resources indicated above, the non-profit centers will offer self-sufficiency type assistance. This includes job programs, resources for immigrants, and information on child care. Case managers do what they can to help stabilize your situation. Read about help from Campbell County Salvation Army.
Rent and deposit money is offered. Campbell County charities as well as churches may have money for paying rent or other housing needs, such as utilities. The goal of any agency is to both prevent homelessness as well as rehouse families that need it. There is emergency and long term housing programs (such as shelter) for everyone from single moms to veterans as well as the elderly in the county. Learn more about Campbell County rent assistance.
Campbell County Neighborhood Center is a leading non-profit. The organization offers various services for the low income, unemployed, and those who are struggling. Examples include application site for Low-income Home Energy Assistance Program as well as weatherization. Financial Literacy and Counseling Services can help improve stability. Temporary financial assistance includes TANF and public aid. Medical care and other aid can be facilitated too. Address is 437 West 9th Street, Newport, Kentucky 41071, call (859) 431-4177
Northern Kentucky and Campbell Catholic Charity - The non-profit offers assistance to the working poor, seniors, migrant workers, and less fortunate. They also partner with local churches. Assistance may be offered to help prevent an eviction, such as rent help or landlord mediation. Also get advice on buying a home or preventing a foreclosure. Other programs in Campbell County Kentucky include food, Christmas assistance, credit repair, single mother grants, and more. Click here for Catholic Charity assistance in Kenton County area.
Society of Saint Vincent provides basic needs to seniors, low income families and the working poor. Some financial assistance may be provided too in an emergency. Resources offered in Campbell County including some of the following. Free fans or air conditioners. Christmas assistance such as gifts and meals. Very limited amounts of funds for paying rent or electric bills. In addition, several other services may be provided to the poor in the Newport area as well. Learn more Society Saint Vincent programs in northern KY.
DHSS helps the unemployed, low-income, disabled and others in Campbell County. The main office is at 601 Washington Ave, Newport, KY 41071. Programs range from SNAP applications to Medicaid, free government cash from TANF, job training, SSI applications and more. Government benefits and public assistance is offered, and call (855) 306-8959. There is also information on daycare vouchers for free in KY.
Holy Spirit Parish Roman Catholic Church is at 825 Washington Ave, Newport, KY 41071. There is emergency help, including with clothes, housing, a homeless shelter and food. Call (859)-431-2544
Free items for the low income in Campbell County
Free holiday programs in Campbell County - Senior citizens, children, the unemployed, and the working poor can apply for items such as toys, gifts, free clothing, and a meal. Charities and non-profits like a church or the Salvation Army administer the resources. Click here for free Christmas help in Cincinnati area.
Campbell County free furniture banks, low cost thrift stores and clothing closets are open to the public as well as low to moderate income families. Some senior citizens or children may be given free items. Whether it is professional work attire, referrals, free school supplies, diapers, or even used eyeglasses, items are offered. There are also free back to school supplies, winter coats, and furniture including appliances. Read more on free clothing closets, school supplies and furniture in Campbell County.
Food pantries in the Campbell County and northern Kentucky community are below.
- First Assembly Of God is located on 9126 Alexandria Pike, Alexandria, KY 41001. Phone (859) 635-1441.
- First Baptist Church - Cold Spring distributes free food services from food pantry, including canned goods and boxed items. Call (859) 441-6184, or the food bank is at 4410 Alexandria Pike, Cold Spring, KY 41076.
- New Beginnings Community Church, 522 5th Street, Dayton, Kentucky 41074, call (859) 261-3583
- First Baptist Church Of Highland Heights offers hot meals, food boxes and more. Phone (859) 441-7274, or address is 2315 Alexandria Pike, Highland Heights, KY 41076
- St.Paul's Pantry is a free Food Distribution Center. Get groceries, baby formula, canned food, pet supplies and more from 7 Court Pl, Newport, KY 41071. Main phone: (859) 581-7640
- Campbell County Senior Center Nutrition Site can offer home delivered meals, information on government programs such as food stamps and Medicare, and recreational activities for seniors. Dial (859) 572-4300. Another similar location is Senior Services Of Northern Kentucky, Grand Towers Nutrition Site at 1359 Grand Avenue. Dial (859) 441-8606.
- Newport Church Of God can be reached at (859) 491-6925
Medical equipment is available for free or loaned out. This includes hospital beds, walkers, crutches, wheelchairs and other items for seniors or the disabled. The health department (below) can offer stuff or referrals, or there are also hospital beds for home recovery. Learn more on a free hospital bed for the homebound.
Northern Kentucky Independent District Health Department is a clinic that provides a wide variety of free or low cost programs to address health problems, prevent disease through lifestyle changes, and some basic medical or dental care. They also help the uninsured and people on Medicaid in Campbell County. Address is 1098 Monmouth St, Newport, KY 41071, phone (859) 431-1704
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com