York County South Carolina assistance programs.

Emergency financial help and stability services help struggling families, seniors, the disabled, and working poor in York County. Below find examples of the help offered, whether grants to pay bills or housing, or free items, such as supplies for school or gasoline vouchers for commuting.

  • Government assistance in Rock Hill for rent subsidized housing, SSI disability, SNAP food stamps, LIHEAP, cash aid and more.
  • Charities, churches, and non-profits may offer help with rent or security deposits, give out free food from pantries or medical care from clinics.
  • Other resources range from Christmas presents to emergency homeless prevention and rapid rehousing, loans for bills, job training, credit card debt help and more.

Find how to get help paying bills and expenses

There is an organization that provides assistance to people in the Clover area. The Clover Area Assistance Center (CAAC) is a nonprofit agency that was established to provide support and resources to needy individuals and families of Clover, SC. Urgent needs that people may have are met directly with various assistance programs, including food, health services, emergency financial assistance, and other special needs items. They may also refer people to other organizations. The preventative programs offered by CAAC work to increase self-sufficiency of struggling families.

Some of the assistance provided includes :

  • Supplemental and Emergency Food Aid
  • Emergency Financial Assistance to help with critical bills and expenses
  • Free Health Care From Medical Clinics for those without health care insurance. Find clinics in South Carolina.





  • Free Dental Care and Clinic for those without dental insurance
  • Living Basics Classes provided on credit counseling and household budgeting
  • Free Mammograms and Pap Smears
  • Good Samaritan Fund is an emergency discretionary fund used for life emergencies and bills
  • Referrals to other agencies and charities
  • Operation Cold Weather program gives client households warm blankets during winter and cold weather
  • Santa's Closet will provide children and families with new toys at Christmas
  • Operation School Supplies providing school age children with necessary classroom materials
  • Easter Baskets for Children

Feel free to contact the Clover Area Assistance Center at (803) 222-4837 to learn more or apply, or click here for for more information on Clover Area Assistance Center.

Agencies that provide financial help in York South Carolina

PATH, or People Attempting to Help, Incorporated, is a non-profit organization that offers several programs and services to those in need. the main office is located in York South Carolina, and they can be reached at 803-684-3992. Some of the various services and programs offered include an on site food pantry, help and funds for paying rent, associated thrift store, emergency financial aid for paying utilities and other needs, and the non-profit is also the front line of community aid for those in crisis or people facing an emergency situation.





The Rock Hill area Salvation Army assists people throughout Dorchester and York County. The phone number of the agency is 803-324-5141. While they usually have limited funding available, from time to time they may be able to help people pay utility bills, provide rent and housing help, and they always serve as a great resource for providing information on your options.

Another main program offered is free Christmas assistance from resources such as the Angel Tree and the Rock Hill charity also gives away free school uniforms, backpacks, and supplies. Meals and food are offered too. Continue York County Salvation Army programs.

Another organization to call is a Place for Hope (APFH) is an resource to use to learn about programs. The non-profit group provides job development programs, material resources, hands-on educational training and as much aid as possible to low income people in the community. 803-329-4673

York County Churches - Volunteers and members of the community help the less fortunate, including seniors citizens as well as the working poor. Pantries may have free food in emergency, or clothing and back to school supplies may be offered. There may also be case management or referrals to rent or security deposit resources. Other financial aid and material support may be arranged too. More information on churches in York County and the Midlands.

Pilgrim's Inn – The non-profit agency offers a wide variety of services to help the low income in the community. Examples include, but are not limited to, housing assistance including rent, utility, cooling and electric bills. Help for moving or the homeless is offered, such as motel vouchers, transitional housing and security deposits. Other assistance includes child care, credit repair, prescription assistance, and case management for York SC families. 236 W Main St., Rock Hill, South Carolina 29730, dial (803) 327-3430, or find more details on resources from Pilgrims Inn.

Community Action Agency - Assistance for paying bills, acquiring food, back rent and medications may be provided by the General Emergency Program, or GEP. Any money available is limited, and some clients may be issued a loan for any expenses. Other services in York County include Family Assessment, job search and training, and Head Start for children. The non-profit known as CCA focuses on helping the poor and low income. More on York County Carolina Community Action assistance.




Project Hope – Services include food pantry, clothing assistance, as well as medications and financial assistance for energy bills. The address is 411 Park Avenue, Rock Hill, SC 29730, phone 328-8000

Fort Mill Care Center – While all resources are dependent upon availability, qualified people may be able to get help for rent, free food, and other emergency aid. 513 Banks St, Fort Mill, South Carolina 29715, call (803) 547-7620

York County non-profits and programs can help residents make money. There are side hustle and gig jobs, freelance positions, online or work from home jobs, and more. With many residents relying on cars for commuting, even find free ways to make money from your car.

South Carolina Legal Services operates from a Rock Hill Office. While they will not provide financial assistance, the services can help people deal with a number of civil legal matters, including consumer finance, housing, and more. For example, get support on dealing with issues that may result from your health insurance plan or Medicaid. Receive assistance with filing for food stamps/SNAP, Social Security, and SSI. They even help with disability applications for those that need free legal support. Or consumer debt and bankruptcy issues can be dealt with. 214 Johnston St., Rock Hill, South Carolina 29730, (803) 327-9001

Charitable and government programs for paying rent - Several exist in York County. There may be money (either grants or loans) for everything from back rent to utility or security deposits. When the funds run out, the next option is shelter as well as transitional housing to help a family get back on their feet. Find more details on York County rent assistance.

Alston Wilkes Society has assistance for veterans, adults offenders and youth. Get help with benefits screening, employment preparation, and access affordable housing in York County. (803) 799-2490

Carolina Community Action runs the federal government Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program. It can provide for furnace repair/ replacement, utility bill payment assistance (heating or cooling), and energy conservation/weatherization programs. 138 S Oakland AVE, Rock Hill, South Carolina 29731, dial (803) 366-5537. More on South Carolina energy assistance programs.

Non-financial assistance such as free food, groceries and clothing

Several churches, food banks, and charity organizations operate in York County and can help low income families as well as individuals across the region. Services offered include items like free meals, groceries, and non-foodstuff items like clothing and personal products. Meals around Thanksgiving and Christmas may be offered too. There are also soup kitchens in York County South Carolina.





All assistance is limited to current funding. Some of the centers include Pilgrim's Inn ((803) 327-3430) as well as Clover Area Assistance Center (dial (803) 222-4837). There are many other free food pantries and soup kitchens in York County South Carolina. Or click here for additional York County free food pantries.


By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy