Assistance programs York County South Carolina.
Get emergency financial help, free stuff and social services in York County SC. Charities, government agencies and churches help low-income families, seniors, the disabled, and working poor in York County. Below find hardship grants to pay electric bills or housing, or free items, such as supplies for school or gas vouchers for commuting.
- Government financial assistance in Rock Hill for rent subsidized housing, SSI disability, SNAP food stamps, LIHEAP, cash aid and more.
- Charities, churches, and non-profits may offer help with rent or security deposits, give out free food from pantries or medical care from clinics.
- Other resources range from Christmas presents to homeless prevention and rapid rehousing, loans for bills, job training, credit card debt help and more.
Financial assistance for paying bills, housing and expenses in York County
There is an organization that provides assistance to people in the Clover area on York County. The Clover Area Assistance Center (CAAC) is a nonprofit agency that was established to provide support and resources to low income individuals and families. Urgent needs that people may have are met directly with various assistance programs, including food, health services, emergency financial assistance, and other special needs items.
They may also refer people to other organizations. The preventative programs offered by CAAC work to increase self-sufficiency of struggling families. Some of the assistance provided includes :
- Supplemental and Emergency Food, including SNAP applications to EBT cards.
- Emergency Financial Assistance to help with critical bills and expenses. There is also a Good Samaritan Fund is an emergency discretionary fund used for life emergencies and bills.
- Free Health Care From Medical Clinics for those without health care insurance. Find clinics in South Carolina.
- Free Dental Care, Pro-bono dentists and Clinics for those without dental insurance
- Living Basics Classes provided on credit counseling and household budgeting
- Free Mammograms and Pap Smears as well as other free health care for women, including those with no insurance.
- Referrals to other agencies and charities, including for tenants facing eviction or homeless adults. Even find emergency homeless prevention and rapid rehousing.
- Operation Cold Weather program gives client households warm blankets during winter and cold weather
- Santa's Closet will provide children and families in York County with new toys at Christmas
- Operation School Supplies providing school age children with necessary classroom materials
- Easter Baskets for Children
Feel free to contact the Clover Area Assistance Center at (803) 222-4837 to learn more or apply, or click here for for more information on Clover Area Assistance Center.
PATH, or People Attempting to Help, Incorporated, is a non-profit organization that offers several programs and social services to those in need. the non-profit has a free on site food pantry, financial help and funds for paying rent or light bills. There is also an associated thrift store, emergency financial aid for paying utilities and other needs.
The the non-profit is also the front line of community aid for those in crisis or people facing an emergency situation. The main office is located in York South Carolina, and they can be reached at 803-684-3992. The address is 204 Raile St, York, SC 29745.
The Rock Hill area Salvation Army assists people throughout Dorchester and York County. The phone number of the agency is 803-324-5141. While they usually have limited funding available, from time to time they may be able to help people pay utility bills, provide rent or housing help or money for car repairs. There are also homeless shelters, transitional housing and eviction prevention programs. They always serve as a great resource for providing information on low-income families options.
Another main program offered is free Christmas assistance from resources such as the Angel Tree and the Rock Hill charity also gives away free school uniforms, backpacks, and supplies. Free meals and food are offered too. There are also free Christmas toys, school supplies for students, and other goods. Continue York County Salvation Army programs.
Another organization to call is a Place for Hope (APFH) is an resource to use to learn about programs. The non-profit group provides job development programs, material resources, hands-on educational training and as much aid as possible to low income people in the community. Call 803-329-4673, or the office is at 1020 Archer Dr, Rock Hill, SC 29730.
York County Churches - Volunteers and members of the community help the less fortunate, including seniors citizens as well as the working poor, homeless and immigrants. Pantries may have free food in emergency, or clothing and back to school supplies may be offered. There may also be case management or referrals to rent or security deposit resources. Other financial aid and material support may be arranged too. More information on churches in York County and the Midlands.
Society of Saint Vincent covers the county and is based in Fort Mill SC. The conference is run from Saint Philip Neri Church. Everything from free food boxes to clothes, emergency financial help for bills, transportation services, holiday help and more is offered. There will be free gas cards, transportation and other free stuff. The charity helps the poor, less fortunate, and others. More on York County SC St. Vincent de Paul assistance programs.
Pilgrim's Inn – The non-profit agency offers a wide variety of services to help the low income in the community. Examples include, but are not limited to, housing assistance including rent, utility, cooling and electric bills. There is also information on no-wait list apartments.
The charity will arrange help for moving or the homeless is offered, such as free motel vouchers, transitional housing and security deposits. Other assistance includes child care, credit repair, prescription assistance, and case management for York SC families. Location is 236 W Main St., Rock Hill, South Carolina 29730, dial (803) 327-3430 or (803) 327-4227, or find more details on resources from Pilgrims Inn.
Community Action Agency - Assistance for paying bills, acquiring food, back rent and medications may be provided by the General Emergency Program, or GEP. Any money available is limited, and some clients may be issued a loan for any expenses. Other services in York County include Family Assessment, job search and training, and Head Start for children.
- Carolina Community Action runs the federal government Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program. It can provide for furnace repair/ replacement, utility bill payment assistance (heating or cooling), and energy conservation/weatherization programs. The office is at 546 S Cherry Rd # S, Rock Hill, SC 29732, dial (803) 366-5537. More on South Carolina energy assistance programs.
Free job placement, Internet services from the government, and laptops may be giveaway away as well as job seekers. The non-profit known as CCA focuses on helping the poor and low income. More on York County Carolina Community Action assistance.
Project Hope – Services include food pantry, clothing assistance, as well as medications and financial assistance for energy bills. The address is 411 Park Avenue, Rock Hill, SC 29730, phone 803-328-8000
Fort Mill Care Center – While all resources are dependent upon availability, qualified people may be able to get help for rent, free food, and other emergency aid. There will be free furniture vouchers, personal hygiene stuff and other goods. Location is 2760 Old Nation Rd., Fort Mill, SC 29708, call (803) 547-7620.
York County non-profits and programs can help residents make money. There are side hustle and gig jobs, freelance positions, online or work from home jobs, and more. With many residents relying on cars for commuting, even find free ways to make money from your car.
South Carolina Legal Services operates from a Rock Hill SC Office. While they will not provide financial assistance, the services can help people deal with a number of civil legal matters, including consumer finance, housing, and more. For example, get free legal consultations and support from a lawyer on dealing with issues that may result from your health insurance plan or Medicaid.
Receive assistance with filing for food stamps/SNAP, Social Security, and SSI. They even help with disability applications for those that need free legal support. Or consumer debt and bankruptcy issues can be dealt with. 214 Johnston St., Rock Hill, South Carolina 29730. Call (888) 346-5592.
Charitable and government programs for paying rent - Several exist in York County. There may be money (either grants or loans) for everything from back rent to utility or security deposits. When the funds run out, the next option is shelter as well as transitional housing to help a family get back on their feet. Find more details on York County rent assistance.
DSS of York County provides applications to government assistance programs and benefits. There are a number that low-income families, the disabled, unemployed and seniors can apply too. They include SNAP food stamps to help pay for groceries and an EBT card. There is SSI disability information, Medicaid free health insurance, home or elder care help and more.
Cash assistance is also offer from the government as part of TANF, and this is a free money program that encourages self-sufficiency. Find details on TANF cash help, or the office is at 933 Heckle Blvd, Rock Hill, SC 29732. Phone: (803) 909-7446.
Family Promise of York County is a network dedicated to serving homeless families, including single moms, in the region. They provide food, shelter, affordable no wait list apartments and self-sufficiency training to homeless families. The address is 404 E Main St, Rock Hill, SC 29730, or call (803) 329-2456
Free or low cost health centers in York County SC help low-income families, kids, or people with no money or insurance. They provide free or low-cost medical, vision, behavioral and dental care based on a sliding fee scale. Get free eye glasses, telehealth, OB/GYN and more.
- The Palmetto Community Health Care (410 Oakland Ave, Rock Hill, SC 29730, dial (803) 366-6337) as well as Affinity Health Center (address is 455 Lakeshore Pkwy, Rock Hill, SC 29730, phone: (803) 909-6363) are the toe main clinics.
Goodwill Job Connection is a non-profit organization that helps individuals gain skills for job opportunities and offers resources to help find employment. There are also free cars, work clothes, interview skills and other support from 1926 Mt Gallant Rd, Rock Hill, SC 29732. Main phone: (803) 324-1831, or locate additional Goodwill job training for adults.
Alston Wilkes Society has assistance for veterans, adults offenders and youth. Get help with benefits screening, employment preparation, and access affordable housing in York County. Call (803) 799-2490 or (803) 984-0148.
Non-financial assistance such as free food, groceries, furniture and clothing
Free basic needs are offered. There are places for food (see below) as well as furniture banks in York County. This may be appliances, couches, stuff for low income families moving into a home or apartment and more. Also clothes and household items are passed out. Read more on, and find furniture vouchers.
Several churches, soup kitchens, food banks, and charity organizations operate in York County and can help low income families as well as individuals across the region. Services offered include items like free meals, groceries, and non-foodstuff items like clothing and personal products. Meals around Thanksgiving and Christmas may be offered too. There are also soup kitchens in York County South Carolina.
- All assistance is limited to current funding. Some of the centers include Pilgrim's Inn ((803) 327-3430) as well as Clover Area Assistance Center (dial (803) 222-4837). There are many other free food pantries and soup kitchens in York County South Carolina. Or click here for additional York County free food pantries.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com