Assistance programs Tulare County.
Financial assistance is provided to low income families in Visalia as well as Tulare County. Locate electric bill or rent payment help as well as free food, gas vouchers, medical care, and other support. There are churches, charities, and government benefit programs in Tulare County, each focused on helping residents pay their bills. Find financial help near you in Tulare County as well as free stuff.
Resources are focused on the low-income, senior citizens and disabled people. Whether it is a free car or gasoline for work, housing, medical, or grant money to pay other bills, short and long term financial assistance is offered. is offered in the Visalia CA community.
Local community action agency financial assistance and grant programs
The Community Services and Employment Training (C-SET), provides either directly or through referrals and number of assistance programs. There is both utility bill help programs and free government weatherization services.
- The energy bill assistance program offered by CSET’s helps pay utility bills for low to moderate income families who live in Tulare County. The financial aid, including from LIHEAP, is limited in that it is offered but once per year low to moderate income families who live in Tulare County. They can have either their Southern California Edison or their Southern California Gas bill paid through the grant program. Find additional ways to get help with energy bills.
- They also provide applicants with free Energy Conservation Information and Weatherization Programs. This can help provide insulation, caulking, minor roof or window repairs and more. The federally funded Weatherization program is provided for free to low and middle income families, disabled people and the elderly who either rent or own an apartment, home or mobile lot in Tulare County.
The goal of this weatherization program is to help low and moderate income households lower their electric and heating costs by improving the energy efficiency of their homes. If you apply and are qualified for, get free cost effective measures such as: water heater blankets, weather stripping of exterior doors, lighting retrofits, water restrictors and low-flow shower heads to pay on water bills. Or get help to switch and outlet gaskets, carbon monoxide detectors, gas appliance repair or replacement, glass window repair or replacement, and other minor home repairs.
- CSET also helps arrange other utility saving programs. There are free audits, tips tenants or homeowners can do, efficiency measures and more. Get details on how to save money on electric bill.
- Tulare County Community Action also helps with employment, job training, and long term self-sufficiency. The goal is to help people get the skills they need to increase their income and learn financial literacy. Breaking the cycle of poverty is a goal.
- Employment Connection Centers - Get help finding a job from centers that assist local job seekers. These employment centers offer counseling, job training, job leads, resume reviews, online classes and workshops to help you find a job, increase your income or improve job skills.
- Mortgage Counseling Option and Foreclosure Prevention - Services are offered free of charge, and the assistance covers foreclosure FAQ, government mortgage programs, foreclosure timelines, options that are available to prevent foreclosures, and free counseling.
- Utility and gas bill assistance - By utilizing state of California funds, the CSET community action agency can assist low-income, Tulare County residents, by paying a portion of their gas or electric bill up to once per year. Also learn about utility disconnection laws.
They are located in Visalia California, but have several locations. Location is 312 NW 3rd Ave, Visalia, CA 93291. Other programs offered include Homeless Prevention & Rapid Rehousing, Senior Home Repair, Income tax preparation, and Weatherization. Call the Visalia based Community Services and Employment Training (C-SET) at (559) 732-4194. Or find more details on Community Services and Employment Training assistance programs.
Free food programs in Tulare County
FoodLink of Tulare County, which is based in Visalia, provides help to low income individuals, kids, adults and others. FoodLink, which is a food bank and distribution center that was established in 1978, distributes food free groceries to low moderate income families. They also heave meals, help feed migrant workers, and have nutritional classes.
Brings fresh fruits and vegetables, breads, meats, groceries, and other food to low income families. Advice and support is also offered to ensure families are healthy Call (559) 651-3663. The main address is 611 2nd St, Exeter, CA 93221.
Community Food Pantry, based in Earlimart, can provide emergency food. Canned groceries, fruits, dairy, formula and more is provided. Phone (661) 849-2960
Goshen Church of God (phone (559) 651-1030) also has a free food bank on site. A soup kitchen is on site too. The location is 30498 Rd 69, Visalia, CA 93291.
LOVE, Inc. may be able to prvide Clothing, Food Pantries, Counseling, and Small Kitchen Appliances. Call (559) 733-8870
The above locations focus on providing food and meals. If you need additional options, find more food banks in Tulare County.
Financial help for electric, bills, housing and more in Visalia and Tulare County
Contact Open Gate Ministries at (559) 591-1241. This charity organization provides people in need with food, a homeless shelter, as well as immediate financial assistance. There are funds for paying rent, clothing, direct assistance and cash grants. Or get training to homeless, people facing the lose of their home, the hungry, and unemployed who are in need of aid. They also help immigrants and migrant workers in Tulare County CA The address is 511 N K St, Dinuba, CA 93618..
The Salvation Army organization assists local families and individuals who are in need of help for paying utility bills, that need emergency housing and rent assistance, or get free prescription medications. They can even provide gasoline vouchers or a free motel room.
- Several Salvation Army Centers operate in Visalia and Tulare County. While financial assistance may be offered as indicated below, other programs can provide seasonal assistance including free school supplies to students or Christmas gifts from Angel Tree. There are also free winter clothes, food, and more. For example, Christmas meals and gifts may be offered for children and low income families. A food pantry is available, and homebound seniors may receive home delivered meals.
Case workers from the Salvation Army will do their best to help the low income, and unemployed. They also offer substance abuse treatment centers as well as transitional housing. The charity provides resources to families and individuals that are experiencing a crisis situation or short term hardship. Assistance includes housing assistance, electric assistance (excluding water), and motel vouchers. The main site is at 314 East San Joaquin Avenue, Tulare, California 93274-55, call (559) 687-2520. Learn more on Salvation Army assistance programs Tulare County.
Bethel Spanish Assembly of God - Farmersville - Emergency Services may be able to provide rent help, free food, and utility bill assistance for residents located in Farmersville. All applications are for Spanish speakers too. Call (559) 747-3708
Lindsay-Strathmore Coordinating Council - Residents of this area can gain access to resources including rent assistance, food, motel vouchers, and utility bill assistance. Call (559) 562-4434, and address is 189 N Elmwood Ave, Lindsay, CA 93247.
Tulare Emergency Aid - The non-profit agency and program provides energy and utility assistance and help for rent and housing expenses when funds are available. In addition, free Food Distribution is also available, as well as clothes when funding and other resources are available. The non-profit is at 424 North N Street, Tulare, CA 93274. Call (559) 686-3693
Health and Human Services, or HHSA of Tulare County, offers many government benefits. Get Cal-Frrsh SNAP applications as well as information on cremation help for the indigent. There is Medi-Cal free health insurance as well as cash aid. Or learn about applying for SSI disability, elder home care as well as other government assistance programs or public benefits. The location is 5957 South Mooney Blvd., Visalia, California 93277. Call (559) 624-8000.
Goshen Family Resource Center, of Visalia California, offers food, gasoline, and other financial aid. They help the underemployed get jobs or new career skills too. There are also referrals to free car and bus pass programs for low-income and single moms in Tulare County. Call (559) 735-8173.
Free clothes, furniture and school supplies may be provided by furniture banks for the low-income and charity clothing closets. Low income families and also the general public have access to regional thrift stores and clothing banks for free stuff. There will be clothes, appliances, bedroom sets, school backpacks or supplies and more. Several locations operate in both Visalia California and across the county. More on C\free clothes, furniture, and school supplies Tulare County.
Tulare County housing solutions - There are three main resources. They include foreclosure and homeless prevention as well as rapid rehousing services. What may be offered is the following.
- Housing placement services, including for immigrants, domestic violence survivors, and the homeless.
- HUD grants and Continuum of Care services.
- Social services may provide free motel vouchers.
- More limited will be emergency money for rent, water, or utility bills. More on Tulare County homeless prevention program.
Churches from Love Inc. - The faith based group offers a combination of referrals and basic needs in Tulare County. Services range from free food to goods from a thrift store. They may also have school supplies or Christmas meals and gifts for low income families. More on Love Inc. in Tulare County.
Free holiday stuff from Christmas and Thanksgiving focused charities - At the major holidays, such as Christmas, children can be given free gifts as well as toys. Seniors are also a focus of the agencies, and they can be delivered a meal. Find a number of other Christmas, Thanksgiving, and other programs. Read more on free Christmas and Thanksgiving help Tulare County.
Emergency help for rent - The low income, senior citizens, and disabled may be able to receive hardship grants and funds to pay their rent if they are faced with an eviction. Programs focus on families with children, seniors, single mothers and the less fortunate in Tulare County. Money may also be offered for security deposits or other housing programs. More on Tulare County rent assistance.
Each and every year federal government grant funds are provided to Tulare County. The program is known as the "Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program". It will distribute short- and medium-term rental assistance to prevent evictions, stave off homelessness and to also help those who are currently homeless find new housing quickly.
- One of the primary goals is to prevent homelessness as well as evictions in Tulare County, as it is far easier to prevent it than to deal with it after the fact or after someone has been evicted. The federal government funds are meant to offer short to medium term housing relief, and are not intended to provide long-term housing solutions The grant money can pay for utility deposits and payments for energy bills, moving-cost assistance. as well as to giveaway free hotel and motel vouchers.
- The payments that are made as a result of the program will not be made directly to households but to third parties such as the families utility companies or landlords, government officials have reported. Apply here.
- Community Services Employment Training, phone ((559) 757-1601) or (559) 684-1987
- Salvation Army, phone ((559) 733-2784)
- Central California Family Crisis Center. The phone number is (559) 781-7462.
- Location is 741 N Santa Fe St, Visalia, CA 93292. Call (559) 740-4178
Free legal services in Tulare County are available. The low-income, senior citizens and immigrants (among others) will get help. Free lawyers and staff from Central Legal Services of CA help with housing issues, illegal evictions, and benefit applications. Immigrants can get low-income green card assistance and other advice. Call (800) 675-8001. Or find how to get a free lawyer in CA.
Foreclosure and mortgage counseling
If you are one of those homeowners who is in danger of losing their home to a foreclosure filing, CSET may be able to help you. They have mortgage counselors who can help you understand your options and provide you with information that may help save your home from a foreclosure filing. Find additional resources to stop a foreclosure.
You need to dial the foreclosure hotline number (559-741-4646) and leave your name and contact information. One of their mortgage counselors will return your call as soon as possible. Services offered and the counseling provided are free.
Self Help Enterprises can work with your bank or lender to try to help low income families in Tulare County obtain a loan modification. The housing agency is based in Visalia. Phone (559) 651-1000.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com