latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed






Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Riverside County rent assistance.

Find how to get rental assistance in Riverside California. A number of financial assistance programs, counseling, free eviction prevention services, and other resources are offered that can assist the low income. There may be grants from the government or charities to help pay rent, security deposits, and other housing expenses.

Agencies and non-profits, as well as churches, operate across Riverside County, and each agency runs its own emergency rent program. Some are targeted at the low income, working poor, unemployed, or disabled. Others focus on the chronically homeless.

If you need help with paying your monthly rent, it is best to call the local organization to ask how their program works and apply for funds as soon as possible. Most organizations have limited funding, and unfortunately not all families can receive housing/rent assistance in Riverside California.

Corona Settlement House - Offers assistance to help people meet basic needs. Most of the aid is offered as part of emergency assistance programs. Dial (951) 737-3504. Some of the financial assistance can pay for rent (once a month call-in), monthly mortgage expenses, utility bill assistance and emergency shelter vouchers. Individuals can also often get information and referrals to appropriate government agencies and charities (when available). Address is Vicentia Ave Corona , California 92882.

Indio Catholic Charities - The main resource they provide is known as Community Outreach Services. It offers information and referral services, counseling, and rental assistance. Dial (951) 784-5020. The office is in Indio, California 92201.

Another church is based in the region, and that is Moreno Valley Catholic Charities. Call this office for case management. There may be short term Mortgage, Rental and Utility Assistance, and clients also get referrals and outreach services to local charities and non-profits. Phone Number: (951) 924-9964. Address of this location is 23623 Sunnymead Boulevard E, Moreno Valley, CA 92553.

Catholic Charities has another location in the Indio and Desert Area. Dial (951) 689-1803. The location is 81626 Hwy 111 Indio, CA 92201. Various emergency services offered include direct financial help as well as transitional case management to low-income working families. There is also help for the unemployed, families and homeless people. Food, housing, and rent assistance, among other aid, is offered. More on Catholic Charities rent help in Riverside County.




Mecca California Catholic Charities - Also offers rent and housing assistance from Emergency Services. A myriad number of other low income assistance programs are offered too by this church. Address: 91-275 Avenue 66 Mecca, California 92254. Phone Number: (760) 347-1188

San Bernardino Regional Center - Department of Community and Emergency Services. Meet with a caseworker for assistance and advice. They offer outreach, housing advocacy, HIV/AIDS services, as well as emergency rent assistance. Address is 1800 Western Avenue, Suite 107 San Bernardino, CA 92411. Phone number  (909) 880-3625.

Riverside Catholic Charities, located at 5473 Mission Boulevard and phone number (951) 328-1575, offers direct financial aid. Some grants may be used for rent arrears. Other social services are available at this location as well.

Community Connect only supports families that live in the City of Corona. The Rent Guarantee Program combines loans and vouchers to help pay security deposits or other housing needs. It is a form of Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing that offer rental assistance and eviction prevention services. The location is 2060 University Avenue, Riverside, CA, 92507, or dial 951-328-8278.

Additional Catholic Charities in the region offer direct financial assistance for rent as well as low income housing. These emergency services are targeted at to low-income working families, individuals, single moms and homeless people. Most centers will provide other aid as well. Locations are.

  • West End Regional Center - Department of Community and Emergency Services, 9375 Archibald Avenue, Suite 302 Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730. Call (909) 481-7196.
  • Catholic Charities; Emergency Services, Perris, 371 Wilkerson Avenue Perris , CA 92570. Phone - (951) 443-1158.
  • Catholic Charities - High Desert Regional Center - Department of Community and Emergency Services has an address of 16051 Kosota Road, Suite 700 Apple Valley, California 92307. Phone Number: (760) 242-2311 EXT 8454.





San Jacinto Community Pantry can provide both food as well as emergency housing assistance. When funding allows, they may offer short term housing and energy bill assistance, rental help, and eviction prevention. Mailing address is 135 N. San Jacinto Avenue Hemet, California 92543. Phone - (951) 929-1101.

Hope, Empathy, Love & Prayer, Inc. (H.E.L.P. Inc.) runs the federal government created EFSP fund. They also partner with the local United Way. The agency can offer rent & mortgage assistance (when funds are available) and money to pay housing expenses. 53 S. 6TH Street Banning, California 92220. (951) 922-2305

P.W. Enhancement Center - This non-profit runs an assistance program that provides food, motel and hotel vouchers depending on eligibility. In addition, rental and housing assistance given for eligible participants who are late with current month’s rent payment to their landlord and are in danger of eviction from their home or apartment. Phone - (951) 242-7001. Location 24490 Sunnymead Blvd. Moreno Valley, CA 92553.

Community pantry - Social services, food, and more may be available. The non-profit may have limited funds for paying rent or similar costs. If they do not have funding, then referrals may be provided to partners. This may include loan programs for partial rent payments or security deposits. (951) 929-1101

Perris Valley Family Resource Center - Offers Homeless Referrals, rental assistance, Job Training, Employment Info, and other support. They can also refer people to the California section 8 housing program. Read more on section 8 low income housing in CA.  Location is 371 Wilkerson Avenue Perris , CA 92570, or dial (951) 443-1158 for details.

Desert Samaritan for Seniors - Emergency rent and housing assistance for senior citizens. 75105 Merle Drive, Suite 500, (760) 837-9066

Riverside County Housing Authority; Indio Section 8 Housing - This government organizations runs the local Section 8 rental assistance for eligible low income families and individuals. The HUD section 8 housing voucher program states that participants will need to pay only 30% of monthly income toward their total rent cost and related housing expenses. A moderate housing rehabilitation program is also administered. 44199 Monroe Street Indio, California 92201. Call (760) 863-2828

Another Section 8 agency is the Riverside County Housing Authority. They also accept applications (when the wait list is open) to Section 8 rent subsidized housing. They are located at 5555 Arlington Ave. Riverside, CA 92504. Call (951) 351-0700





Coronoa Settlement House offers emergency assistance for income qualified Corona and Norco residents only. As funding allows, EAF may help with mortgages, rental costs, hotel vouchers, and other housing needs. Address is 507 South Vicentia Street Corona, California, 92882, phone 951-737-3504.

Helping Our People in Elsinore has limited resources. Rent help or loans are offered on a case by case basis. Address is 29885 Second Street, Lake Elsinore, CA, 92532. Dial 951-245-7510 for details.

Riverside County Department of Public Social Services (phone 51-922-7000) provides grants to help with help as part of their eviction prevention services from CalWORKS. People with a 3 day pay or quit or notice of detail can apply for emergency rent, mortgage, or energy bill help. There may also be vouchers for motels while the family relocates.

Menifee Valley Community Cupboard may have limited funding for the disabled and senior citizens only. 26808 Cherry Hill Boulevard, Menifee, CA, 92586, phone number is 951-301-4414.

LightHouse Social Service Centers assists veterans in Riverside County. SSVF (Supportive Services for Veteran Families) can provide government grants for security deposits, rental arrears, and utility deposits to the homeless and those facing eviction. Location is 15333 Sheila Street, Moreno Valley, CA, 92551, call 951-571-3533.

Additional Riverside California agencies that can help with rent

  • Calimesa Seventh Day Adventist Church, 391 Myrtlewood Drive, Calimesa, CA 92320
  • Desert AIDS Project, 1695 North Sunrise Way, Palm Springs, California 92262, (866) 331-3344

Society of St. Vincent De Paul - Emergency housing, counseling, and rent support. 601 West 6th Street, Corona, California 92882, telephone number is (951) 715-4858. The SVDP supports migrants and the working poor, and rent assistance is just one program. Counseling, basic needs, government benefit applications, and other support may be combined with small dollars of assistance for rent.

Salvation Army has multiple locations around Riverside County California. They are the local branch of the national charity organization. A large number of assistance programs are run, both financial and non-financial. Some help meet housing needs, others don’t. However from time to time the Riverside Salvation Army’s may have limited emergency funds to help pay rent, security deposits, moving expenses, and overall eviction prevention. Dial (951) 784-4490. Locations are:

  • Salvation Army - Riverside, 3695 First Street, Riverside, CA 92501
  • Salvation Army - Moreno Valley, 14068 Graham Street, Moreno Valley, CA 92553

Lutheran Social Services of Southern California - Emergency one-time only rental assistance or funds for deposits is provided during the annual funding cycle which currently runs from March-September each and every year. The money is paid out based upon the occurrence of a short term emergency.

The recipient of the financial help must demonstrate the ability to make payments on their own after the one month's assistance has been issued to them. So in many cases a low interest rate loan is issued for paying their rental expenses. The County of Riverside must approve the money, and it is offered once every 2 years. (951) 656-6020







Tenant-Based Rental Assistance as well as Street Outreach are resources for both stopping an eviction and rehousing the homeless. Financial help can be used for paying rent or utilities. There is also intensive case management, free motel vouchers provided in partnership with social services, shelter, and rental deposit help. More on eviction help in Riverside County.

Inland Empire Women's Resource Center - Provides women counseling and assistance on a number of issues under one roof, including housing.

Riverside Legal Aid offers free advice to income qualified residents. The firm and its lawyers can cover housing issues, including eviction prevention. Other family law and lease/contract disputes can be addressed, including how to recover a security deposit from your landlord. In Riverside County, dial (951) 682-7968 or call (760) 347-9456 in Indio California.


By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You















Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site