Catholic Charities assistance programs San Bernardino and Riverside County.
Catholic Charities provides social services and emergency assistance to low-income families and people in Riverside and San Bernardino County California. Many families will get free help with basic needs including emergency funds for rent or mortgages, free clothes, food and financial aid help paying bills. Find help from Catholic Charities of San Bernardino and Riverside area.
The programs and social services available from Catholic Charities of the Inland Empire have benefited many people in the region. The charity will also help immigrants (documented or not), migrant workers as well as Asylum Seekers and assistance is also offered in Spanish.
When faced with challenging times, people will often seek help from local churches, public agencies, or private organizations and ask for assistance. Catholic Charities offers funds for paying rent, utilities, and even food. Or get free holiday meals, legal aid for immigrants and more. Catholic Charities may give everything from a few dollars to pay rent to a free bag of groceries, legal advice, and even burial assistance.
Emergency financial help, free food, housing and other resources in Inland Empire
The Riverside County and San Bernardino regional Catholic Charity organization provides a wide range of necessary social services and emergency financial assistance to qualified individuals. A main resource is known as Family & Community Services. The programs are wide ranging and include the following.
- Resources offered include Free Holiday Programs which may be free meals or a gift. They offer help at Easter, Christmas, or Thanksgiving.
- There is also emergency rent and Housing Assistance as well as Utility Bill Hardship programs. Catholic Charities is just one of the national and local groups that assist with housing needs. Find other places that help with rent.
- Catholic Charity churches also operate pantries and soup kitchens that give out free Food, Meals to the homeless or poor, as well as grocery boxes.
- Burial Assistance is available from Catholic Charities for indigent families in Riverside or San Bernardino County.
- Transportation Assistance is offered by volunteers of the church, with rides to medical, the store, or an emergency job interview.
Social workers and case managers are available from the Family & Community Programs & Services. Applicants will be able to meet face to face with low income and needy families to complete a thorough interview and intake assessment. Applications are available in Spanish too. This process will allow people the ability to determine the availability of resources. Explore emergency financial assistance that may be offered from Catholic Charities, the government, and non-profits in the community.
While many Catholic Charity resources are limited, what can often be provided is advocacy and linkages to other resources. As an example, get help with applying to state of California public assistance and federal government resources, such as low income energy bill assistance or housing vouchers. Or get information on private resources which can also be key to obtaining the assistance that families need.
Staff and social workers are trained to know eligibility requirements for the various services. They also are well versed to what is available in the community to help resolve a family’s immediate crisis. The fact is that families that are struggling to pay their bills and meet their basic needs often benefit from a wide range of assistance.
In a typical year, at least a few thousands families across the Inland Empire region of Riverside or San Bernardino benefit from the financial assistance, support, and guidance that is provided by Catholic Charities social workers. Stop by a center at 1450 North D Street San Bernardino CA 92405, phone: (909)388-123 or 7209 Arlington Avenue Riverside, California 92503, dial (909) 388-1242.
Additional social services from Catholic Charities
Holiday assistance, including Thanksgiving, Christmas, food, meals and gifts for children are offered by Catholic Charities. This program is run under the name of Special Programs and Events. Inland Empire families can access free Christmas and Thanksgiving meals and gifts for children and teenagers. Families in the Riverside and San Bernardino can also get holiday food baskets, such as around Easter.
Catholic Charities helps students. Last, but not least, back to school programs can provide clothes and uniforms for children, as well as needed supplies. They offer free school items for kids from migrant or immigrant families, arrange ESL classes, and give out backpacks and other goods. Locate a free back to school supply event near you.
Refugee and Immigration Services can help people new to the country coping with the complexities of California’s and the country's immigration laws. Get help navigating the government’s regulations. Catholic Charity case managers can advise on required documents that are needed as part of the immigration process.
- People new to the country can find it daunting and difficult to obtain affordable, accurate, and up-to-date information on the immigration process. Immigration and Refugee Specialists at Catholic Charities in Riverside and San Bernardino provide citizenship services, community outreach workshops, and status adjustment assistance.
- Immigrants often need access to credit, including a debt card, bank, or other sources of money. Catholic Charities provide help with that, including on building credit, applying for cards and more. Locate prepaid debit or credit card for immigrants.
People new to this country are usually confronted with a complicated and different way of life in California, and they can be overwhelmed with the citizenship process. Catholic Charities will help Immigrants and refugees find affordable services. There are programs that will offer them understanding and find they also have access to a well-trained staff at Catholic Charities. Their services and resources meet the requirements of the Board of Immigration Appeals.
Family Tragedy Assistance Fund in Riverside and San Bernardino can help when someone passes away. Many low income and working poor families will be particularly impacted when the death of a parent or child occurs. People of all religions and backgrounds struggle with the pressure of a proper burial. The pain and the stress they face becomes almost unimaginable. Catholic Charities will work with churches, charities, and impacted families to help the low income as well as uninsured.
- They can help people deal with the emotional and financial impact of a death. There can be financial help provided to pay for a burial, casket, or funeral. Churches in San Bernardino and Riverside County try to help the poor and less fortunate. Find burial assistance for the uninsured.
Phone number to apply for help from Riverside and San Bernardino County Catholic Charities
As noted, the churches cover both counties. They process applications, and offer guidance in both Spanish and English. The main address is 1450 North D Street San Bernardino California 92405. Phone: (909)388-1239. A second Catholic Charities center is at 3020 Madison St, Riverside, CA 92504, dial (951) 689-1803.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com