latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website


Rent assistance in Kansas City Missouri region.

Find a list of the places to contact in the Kansas City Missouri region for rental assistance. The metropolitan area spans several counties, including Platte, Jackson, Clay, and Cass County. Many of the programs that help with rent, security deposits, moving costs or housing are from churches, charities or the government. The goal is to help the less fortunate, including seniors, disabled, or single moms, find and pay for affordable housing.

The variety of rent programs that they administer is extensive. The non-profit organizations in KCMO may also partner with the federal government on some services. Examples of the programs include homeless prevention and rapid rehousing assistance, home repairs, eviction prevention, section 8 vouchers, emergency funds for paying future rent as well as arreage, and more. Many of the charities in Kansas City will also help families pay for the security deposit on a new low income apartment or home as well, if they meet all other conditions.

Funding is oftentimes limited. Typically low income families with children, the elderly, unemployed, and disabled are the first to receive rent assistance from agencies across Kansas City. Then, and only then, if funding is still available will others be able to qualify, including more moderate income families and individuals.

Where to get help with rent in KCMO, security deposits, and other housing resources

Guadalupe Center Inc. of Kansas City, MO 64108, phone (816) 421-1015 focuses on the Latino communities. Counselors from the center facilitate access to social services and health care for all individuals of all ages, and can refer individuals to rent and housing counseling programs.

Redemptorist Social Services Center Inc. can be called at (816) 931-9942. They offer help through a variety of services including Emergency and Financial Assistance, Free Legal Assistance Programs, and Active Aging and Homebound.

The number one primary goal of the Social Services Center is that counselors work to assure the immediate survival of the aging populations and low income in Kansas City. They do this by helping to administer to the housing, physical, social and economic needs of the individuals in the area served; to prevent families and individuals from becoming or staying homeless; and to help the low income seek longer term solutions.




The Salvation Army has multiple locations in the region. One of the main ones is at 3637 Broadway Blvd, Kansas City, Missouri 64111. There may be funds to pay rent or deposits. Or free motel vouchers (for a night or so) as well as homeless shelters. Or inquire into utility bill help, free furniture, and case management combined with emergency rental assistance. Call (800) 336-4547.

Three other sites are at 5306 N Oak Trfy, Kansas City, Missouri 64118 (phone (816) 452-5663) as well as 500 W 39th St., Kansas City, MO 64111. Call (816) 753-6040. Salvation Army housing services are also offered at 3013 E 9th St., Kansas City, Missouri 64124. This charity number is (816) 483-8484.

Community Assistance Council assists with past due rent or utility bills (if would lead to homelessness.). There are applications to government grants, housing or rent programs for the disabled or veterans, and other services. Location is 10901 Blue Ridge, Kansas City, Missouri 64134, or dial the non-profit at (816) 763-3277 for emergency, immediate assistance for rental costs.

Saint Thomas More Church offers emergency financial assistance, including for housing costs such as rent or utilities. The church is at 11822 Holmes Rd, Kansas City, Missouri 64131 and serves a limited area. For information, or applications to rent assistance or financial resources, call (816) 810-7863.

Community Services League has multiple sites. Get help applying for benefits, including rent grants, low income housing, free HUD counseling and more. Basic needs, furniture, and other financial help is for seniors, single moms, the disabled and others. Rent and housing help is only one option. Main office is at 404 N Noland Rd, Independence, MO 64050. Call (816) 254-4100

Della Lamb Community Services has basic needs as well as the possibility of rent help. Or get free furniture, household supplies and items for a new apartment. Social Services and government grants are at 500 Woodland Ave, Kansas City, MO 64106. Dial (816) 842-8040. While funding varies and comes and go, they may also offers funds for security deposits, first months rent or storage costs.

Cathedral of Immaculate Conception assists downtown Kansas City residents, immigrants ,and low income tenants. Funds for paying rent, mortgages, or other housing costs. Address is 416 W 12th St., Kansas City, MO 64105. Phone (816) 842-0416.





Rediscover covers western KC. Get furniture, rent or security deposit help, clothes, appliances and more. Various assistance programs can be combined with funds for rent or a deposit. The main office is at 6801 E 117th St., Kansas City, Missouri 64134. For information on funding, call (816) 561-6885.

Catholic Charities of Kansas City (phone (816) 221-4377) uses volunteers and donations to help the poor, single moms, unemployed and others. One time rent help, energy bill assistance, housing, advocacy and more. For emergency financial aid, or rent grants, the main church is at 4001 Blue Pkwy, Kansas City, MO 64130.

Greater Kansas City Housing Information Center is a free counseling/mediation service for landlords or homeowners. Once done, there may be homeless prevention given in the form of assistance for rent and budgeting or legal aid. The non-profit is at 3200 Wayne Ave., Kansas City, MO 64109. Call (816) 931-0443.

Phoenix Family offers case management, referrals (including to rent assistance or legal aid) and other services. The address is 3908 Washington St, Kansas City, MO 64111. Call (816) 561-1033

Northland Assistance Center is at 2018 Gentry St., Kansas City, MO 64116. Phone (816) 421-2243. The charity offers various assistance programs. Learn about affordable apartments, rent help, funds for moving, home repairs and more.

Christ United Methodist Church partners with other charities, community agencies and non-profits in Kansas City. The church is at 14506 E 39th St, Independence, Missouri 64055. Learn about security deposit or rent help, homeless shelters, hotel vouchers among other programs. Call (816) 254-8209

United Inner City Services, located at 2008 E 12th St, offers grants for housing costs, including rent. Case management is also available, as well as referrals to state of Missouri benefits such as section 8. Phone - (816) 994-5449.

Seton Center only supports a limited area. Residents that meet income guidelines can get emergency funds for rental assistance and other help, including for water bills. Other housing programs focus on stopping evictions, and in some cases loans may be issued for paying back rent. The phone number is (816) 581-4781.

SVdP - Saint Vincent Depaul of Kansas City operates shelters and transitional housing. Funds from this church based charity may help with paying security deposits, late rent, and more. Call (816) 741-8661 or dial (816) 753-9061.





Legal Aid Of Western Missouri has two offices in the Kansas City area. Attorneys offer free legal advice to tenants facing eviction, helps with housing discrimination, and they support people that are late on their rent or disputing a security deposits. Call (816) 474-6750 or (816) 474-9868.

Saint James Social Services - Emergency government grants from ESG can help with rent. If the non-profit does not have funds, then referrals may be given, with a focus on single parents and the vulnerable. Clients can learn about loan programs, charities in the city that offer funds for overdue rent, and other aid. Address is 3936 Troost in Kansas City. Call (816) 561-8515.

Remington's Heart Foundation is for the City of Belton and Phone number is 816-974-3072. The programs include mortgage, rental, fuel, and housing assistance.

St. Andrew the Apostle Parish is based at 6415 NE Antioch Rd, Kansas City, MO 64119. Using money raised from a thrift shop, the staff and volunteers may have limited money to pay rent to stop an eviction. Or get medications, access to landlord-tenant mediation, help with moving furniture and other aid. Call (816) 453-2089

Grandview Assistance Program only support the local school district. Both rent and utility bill assistance is available to stop homelessness. Any type of cash aid (or grant money) for rental costs is combined with counseling and free budgeting classes. Call (816) 761-1919.

Metro Lutheran Ministry has multiple locations around Kansas City. They include Central, Northland, and one in Wyandotte. Each offers emergency rental or utility assistance (among other aid). They help low income families move, assist with deposits, housing discrimination, and other needs. More on rent help from Metro Lutheran Ministries.

Kansas City Housing Authority offers solutions. There are income subsidized homes or apartments, including emergency vouchers. There are HUD section 8 rent vouchers, home buying services (including information on loans or grants), public housing, self sufficiency and more. The phone number is 816-968-4100, or continue with housing authority Kansas City.

Homeless Re-Housing helps families facing an eviction and the currently homeless. Stability services will  try to keep a family together. There may be money for paying a portion of rent, motel vouchers, and funds for security deposits. Section 8 and the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program are run by the Kansas City Housing and Community Development agency. Any financial help for rental costs is limited and the focus is on other support. More on eviction assistance in Kansas City.







Nonprofit Connect only help the disabled, mentally ill, or people with AIDS/HIV. Address is 125 E 31st St. Kansas City, MO 64108. Transitional housing, transportation, group living, and financial help for rent or other living expenses may be offered. Call (816) 531-8340

Additional leading Kansas City rent assistance organizations

All of the government or charity organizations below may help. There may be cash grants, free legal aid, income subsidized housing as well as other housing resources in the greater Kansas City region.





Bethlehem Christian Ministries/ J. Gordon CDC

Kansas City

Rent assistance and homeless prevention


Bishop Sullivan Center

Kansas City

Homeless prevention

(816) 231-0984

Community LINC

Kansas City

Homeless prevention and eviction prevention

(816) 531-3727

Community Movement for Urban Progress (Move UP)

Kansas City

Government rent programs and homeless prevention

(816) 254-4100

Hope Haven of Cass County


Homeless prevention


Neighborhood Preservation Initiative

Kansas City

Home repair


Peculiar Senior Citizens Housing, Inc.


Continued rehab, home repairs, and housing counseling

(816) 779-6074

Platte County Senior Citizens Service Fund

Kansas City

Home repair


reStart, Inc.

Kansas City

Rental assistance

(816) 842-1199

Richmond Estates, L.P.


Rental assistance


SAVE, Inc.

Kansas City

Rent help, eviction prevention, and homeless prevention

(816) 531-8340

Silver Manor Senior Citizens Housing of E Lynne, MO

East Lynne

Rental assistance


The Salvation Army - Crossroads Emergency Shelter


Rent assistance and homeless prevention

(816) 756-1455

The Salvation Army; Cass, Platte, Jackson and Ray

Kansas City

Rent help, eviction prevention, and homeless prevention

(816) 756-1455


By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site