Glynn County assistance programs.
Find a listing of non-profits, charities, and other agencies that can provide help with bills and other forms of financial assistance.
Coastal Georgia Area Community Action Authority, Inc.
Several different financial assistance programs are offered to low income and others who need help. They include the following.
- Emergency Financial Assistance assistance can help with paying rent, mortgage, cooling and utility bill assistance, rent, and shelter.
- Federal government food commodities and other groceries can be provided to persons who meet established income guidelines. This food aid given out at maximum 3 times a year.
- Debt help, credit repair, and money management and budgeting classes. Learn more on debt help.
- Energy Bill Assistance can provide once a year cash grants and/or financial assistance to defray cost of primary heating and cooling utilities/fuels such as wood, coal, natural gas, fuel oil, or propane. Homebound elderly and the very low income with families are given first priority for aid.
- Housing programs from Coastal Community Action can help prevent evictions. The homeless can be placed into shelters, or receive referrals to money raised from the region for security deposits.
- Housing services, rent eviction prevention, and foreclosure programs may be able to assist low-income persons obtain/maintain home ownership, prevent an eviction or foreclosure.
- Save on energy bills from weatherization, which provides qualified homeowners with energy conservation measures including replacement of broken windows, weather stripping, caulking, etc. & minor home repairs to improve energy conservation and efficiency of homes.
Call the Brunswick GA Coastal Georgia Area Community Action Authority, Inc. at (912) 264-3281. There arr many other services available for low income families, and find more on help from Coastal Georgia Community Action.
Emergency financial assistance for bills and expenses
St. Vincent DePaul is a non-profit charity organization that can provide utility bill assistance case-by-case walk-in service, water bill assistance, Clothes, Rx and medication assistance. Other support may include referrals to government grants for paying rent in Glynn County. The charities as well as churches can also arrange loans and other aid, such as medications that are non-narcotics, thrift store, and free food. Call (912) 262-6027, or click here.
Salvation Army Glynn County may be able to offer utility and rent assistance (call on the first of the month from 9am to 3pm) or access to a food pantry. Other programs may be able to offer clothing, furniture, prescription assistance for non-controlled medications, and aid for travelers. Project SHARE is the main source of funding. Call (912) 265-9381, or more on emergency Salvation Army assistance in Glynn County.
Sparrow's Nest of Brunswick Georgia ((912) 261-8959) may be able to offer limited utility assistance and a food pantry.
Another agency which serves many counties throughout Georgia is Concerted Services, Inc. Some programs may be for residents of Glynn County, and others may not. They partner with local churches and other non-profits and charities. But you can call to learn more. Emergency assistance can help the low income meet their need for free food, shelter, cooling and utility bill assistance, medical assistance and health care, clothing, transportation, and other basic needs. The agency also runs the Low-Income Heating Assistance Program (LIHEAP), which may be able to offer a one-time payment or cash grant of a heating bill for low-income households. Food banks and other aid may also be provided. Phone (912) 285-6083.
Basic needs in Glynn County include clothes, some food, and maybe financial aid. Non-profits clothing closets and/or food pantries supply goods to low income and unemployed families. Seniors and child receive help as well. Receive free clothes, holiday goods, referrals, and maybe other basic needs such as groceries, financial help for bills, or personal hygiene items. Read more.
Transitional housing - These programs are for Glynn County Georgia residents that are homeless, struggling to pay their rent and facing eviction, and the poor. A wide range of housing matters are addressed for those that live in southeast Georgia. Receive assistance in finding a new, low cost affordable apartment or home. The transitional housing will also include free meals, employment search assistance, and ongoing case management. More transitional housing southeastern Georgia.
Toys, meals, presents, and other support is available from Christmas and holiday programs. Very low income families in Glynn County, seniors, children, and the homeless can apply for help. The non-profits will do their best to meet the demand using donations from the community. Read more Glynn Christmas and holiday help.
Brunswick and Glynn County food pantries can provide support in an emergency. Clients of the mostly run charity organizations offer canned groceries, perishable food, and applications to benefits such as SNAP food stamps. Some also offer clothing too. Find food pantries in Glynn County.
Health care in Glynn County Georgia
Glynn County Health Department. offers medical care, some of which is on a sliding fee scale. They offer a variety of clinics, immunizations, tests, and other services. The center can be reached at (912) 264-3961. In addition, find other ways to get help with medical bills, including how medical bill negotiators may be able to provide assistance.