Tarrant County rental assistance.

Non-profit agencies and government programs provide rental assistance in Fort Worth and Tarrant County Texas. Listed below are many of the charity or church organizations that focus on providing emergency rent help, low income housing, shelter, and other basic needs to qualified low to moderate income individuals, the unemployed, and seniors in Tarrant County.

Most of the agencies and government programs have limited funding and/or waiting lists in place for rental or security deposit assistance, so unfortunately their resources are limited. However, even if an organization can’t help you, they can oftentimes refer people to other local charities, churches, loans or government aid, such as section 8 housing vouchers.

The primary goal of the Fort Worth rental programs is to prevent evictions. However some locations may also have money to assist with paying security deposits, moving costs, or first month’s rent as well. Call to get more information and further details.

Fort Worth area rent assistance/tenant-landlord disputes

The non-profit agencies, charities, and government programs below may all provide advice, funds for rent, and other aid.

Housing Choice Voucher Program - This section 8 housing program is run by the Housing Authority of the City of Arlington (AHA). It provides rental assistance for Arlington residents. Address is 101 W. Abram Street, Arlington, Texas 76010, 817-459-6777





Martin United Methodist Church
Location - 2621 Bedford Road
Bedford, TX 76021
Dial (817)734-7057

Arlington Housing Authority - Provides cash grants and rental assistance to eligible low to moderate income persons, senior citizens and persons with disabilities. City of Arlington, Texas, P.O. Box 90231, Arlington, TX 76004-3231, call 817-459-6777

Grace Grapevine Relief And Community Exchange
Main address - 610 Shady Brook Dr.
Grapevine, Texas 76051
Phone number - (817)488-7009





Fort Worth Housing Authority - The government agency offers an array of housing and rental assistance programs for individuals and families in crisis as well as low income families, including Section 8 HUD subsidized rental housing. The main office is at 1201 East 13th Street, Fort Worth, Texas 76102-5764, call 817-333-3400. Or read more details on applying for section 8 in Texas.

Tarrant County Housing Assistance Program - Assistance is offered by the Housing Choice Voucher and other housing assistance programs. Get help with expenses such as rent, utility, and mortgage assistance for residents in Tarrant County. Location is 2100 Circle Drive, Fort Worth, Texas 76119, phone (817) 531-7640

Wesley Mission Center - The non-profit only offers housing support in the Mansfield Independent School District. The organization provides rental and housing assistance and utilities to qualified residents. 777 N. Walnut Creek Dr., Mansfield, Texas 76063, dial (817)473-6650

Tarrant County Legal Aid, the Fort Worth office, can help with housing issues. The pro-bono firm offers qualified low income families with free eviction prevention advice and information on housing discrimination. The firms tries to prevent homelessness in Tarrant County. 800-955-3959

GRACE is a transitional housing program. The non-profit is formally known as Grapevine Relief and Community Exchange. Clients have short term housing available to them and case management. This site offers them time to save money, find employment and more. When ready to move out, referrals may be available to security deposit programs or deferred loans for paying rental expenses. The non-profit is at 777 Main St, Fort Worth, Texas 76102, or dial 817-488-7009.

First United Methodist Church Rent Assistance Euless - It provides assistance for those in need of rent and other needs, including telephone and medications. Address is 106 Main Street, Euless, Texas 76040, dial (817)283-4421

Tarrant County Department of Human Services – This government agency can provide rental assistance, information on low income housing units, case management, and information and referrals. 100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth, Texas 76196, call (817)531-5620. There is also a branch in Arlington, dial (817) 531-5620 as well as Bedford, Texas, (817)531-5620.

Salvation Army Tarrant – This charity organization provides emergency financial assistance, grants and case management to qualified low to moderate income, unemployed, and seniors who are in a crisis situation. All assistance offered of course depends on availability of funding. Services include rent assistance, mortgage assistance, electric assistance and food boxes. 1855 East Lancaster, Fort Worth, Texas 76103, phone (817)344-1800




St. Philip Presbyterian Church
Location is 745 W Pipeline Road
Hurst, Texas 76053

South Central Alliance of Churches – Get help for basic needs. Provides emergency financial assistance with basic needs, including limited rent and utilities, food, clothing, diapers, toiletries, and referrals to other agencies and housing programs. Address is 2101 Hemphill St., Fort Worth, Texas 76110, (817)923-0486.

St. John The Apostle Catholic Church - Low income resident families with children, disabled and elderly may qualify for limited financial assistance for rent. The church is at 7341 Glenview Drive, North Richland Hills, 76180, call (817) 284-5912

Como Center - Community Action Partners Fort Worth - Rent and mortgage assistance is provided at this office, listed below. There are numerous other services also offered. 1100 NW 18th Street, Fort Worth, TX 76106, (817)871-5822

Martin Luther King Center Fort Worth - Rent assistance is provided at this office. 5565 Truman Drive, Fort Worth, Texas  76112, dial (817)871-5962

Apartment Association of Tarrant County - A general information resource for Tarrant County residents is administered for those individuals who rent. Call 817-284-1121

Tri Ethnic Center Fort Worth – Qualified low income may qualify for low income housing and rent help. Mailing address is 2950 Roosevelt Avenue Fort Worth, TX 76106-5446, (817) 871-5850

Arlington Urban Ministries - Provides emergency assistance to people living in Arlington Texas with rent, food, and antibiotics. Address is 701 Dugan Street, Arlington, Texas 76010, call (817)861-8585

Broadway Baptist Center Fort Worth - Individuals who live in the designated service area of Tarrant County (zip code 76104)  may qualify for emergency assistance with paying rent and utilities. Location is 305 West Broadway Avenue, Fort Worth, Texas 76104, call (817)336-7464

Tarrant County Housing Partnership Inc. – Can direct families to safe, affordable low income housing. Also learn about public aid such as section 8 vouchers. Address is 3204 Collinsworth Street Fort Worth, TX 76107-6528, (817) 924-5091





Tarrant County Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing

They run the federal government created homeless prevention and rapid rehousing program. The program was created from government stimulus dollars. Grants can be paid to qualified individuals to help them pay rent, avoid evictions, and the program offers other services. For example, get credit counseling, hotel or motel vouchers, and funds for security deposits too. All of the non-profit agencies below run the program.

  • Arlington Catholic Charities, Arlington, Texas 76013, phone number (817) 534-0814
  • Tarrant County Community Development Division, Fort Worth, TX 76107, (817) 8507940
  • Catholic Charities Northeast Bedford, 3713 Harwood Road, Bedford, Texas 76021, call (817)534-0814
  • Arlington Housing Authority, Arlington, TX 76011, phone number (817)275-3351
  • There are other terms and conditions to receiving support from an ESG grant or support. Learn more on rehousing and the Tarrant County eviction assistance programs.

Community Action Partners-Andrew Doc Session Center – May have funds to help prevent evictions from homes or apartments. Also offers longer term self-sufficiency programs. Street address is 201 S. Slyvania Ave., Fort Worth, TX 76111, dial (817)871-6585

Tarrant County Department Of Human Services - Arlington Office - The housing programs main goals are to decrease the number of evictions, promote independence and self-sufficiency of lower income families, and to prevent homelessness. Arlington, Texas 76011, call (817)531-7627

Good Shepherd Catholic Community Christ Care Ministry – This ministry provides emergency financial assistance for paying rent and utilities. 1000 Tinker Rd Colleyville, Texas 76182, dial (817) 488-5689.

Catholic Charities Diocese Of Fort Worth – This charity organization provides emergency financial assistance, rent help and case management to qualified individuals and families in crisis depending on availability of funds. Primary assistance is with rent and housing expenses. 249 West Thornhill Drive, Fort Worth, Texas 76115, (817) 534-0814

The Battered Women's Foundation – This non-profit links support services to provide emergency rent, transitional housing, shelter, food, clothing, furniture, foreclosure and landlord/tenant counseling, job training, gas cards, college assistance, and more. The address is 4166 Willman Ave, Richland Hills, Texas 76180, but they also support the Hurst area. Phone (817) 427-0720

Christian Connection
Address: 3713 Harwood Rd
Bedford, Texas 76021
Phone number - (817)510-2741

Mission Arlington/Mission Metroplex Inc. – People who have no other options may be able to receive support from this organization. Arlington, TX 76010, call (817) 277-6620

Peace Lutheran Church
Mailing address - 941 Bedford-Euless Rd
Hurst, Texas 76053
Phone number - (817)284-1677

Legal Aid of Northwest Texas - Free legal services, including landlord/tenant mediation and eviction prevention, is offered to residents of Tarrant County Texas. Call toll free 800-394-9734, or the main office is at 600 E. Weatherford St Fort Worth, TX 76102.

Services for the homeless

Families who are currently homeless or have an eviction notice and need to find alternate housing may be able to get help from the following.

City of Fort Worth Homeless Resources - Offers resources and housing options for individuals or families in crisis.

City of Arlington Eviction/Homeless Program - This organization provides federal government funded assistance and cash grants to homeless people and those who are in imminent danger of becoming homeless. The program is run by the Arlington Housing Authority, 501 W. Sanford Street, Suite 20, Arlington, Texas 76011. Call 817-860-1836 or 817-548-9885

Fort Worth Diocesan Council of Saint Vincent de Paul Society can assist with housing needs. The charity, and its church members, can offer housing assistance, free furniture, and limited financial aid. Most of the help for paying rent is in the form of a loan, but in some cases a grant is issued. Emergency shelter, security deposit referrals, and other aid is also available. Dial 817-595-6520. Or find more details on St. Vincent de Paul rent assistance in Tarrant County.

Presbyterian Night Shelter - Homeless adults and children can get meals, beds, and basic care. Location is 2400 Cypress Street Fort Worth, TX 76102 telephone (817) 632-7400

Arlington Life Shelter - Case management and meals are offered for homeless adults and children. 325 West Division Street Arlington, Texas 76011-7415, (817) 548-9885

Day Resource Center - People living in transition and the homeless can get help from this Fort Worth-based agency. Get assistance from case management, phone, and shelter for the homeless or people living in transition. Main office is at 1415 East Lancaster Avenue, Fort Worth, Texas 76102, call 817-810-9797





Community Enrichment Center - This organization is a faith-based / church non-profit agency that is serving Tarrant County families who are undergoing a housing crisis by providing the resources, tools, rent help and encouragement that is needed to both help these families make it through a hardship. Case managers from the site will also help people become self-sufficient. 6250 Northeast Loop 820 Fort Worth, TX 76180-7842, (817) 577-2426

Domestic violence

The following agencies can provide individuals, including women and children, with low income housing, shelter, or housing assistance. The programs are focused on victims of domestic violence.

SafeHaven of Tarrant County - A 24-hour hotline and information and access to emergency shelter for domestic violence victims and their children. Call 817-536-5496

The Women's Center of Tarrant County – Local non-profit that provides housing and rental counseling for sexual assault victims. Also can help victims find a job from employment counseling. Mailing address is 1723 Hemphill, Fort Worth, Texas 76110, call (817) 927-4040


By Jon McNamara

“Related Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy