latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State & Local Resources

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff and Money

Extra Income and Home Work

Public Assistance

Disability Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Emergency Rent Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Assistance

Telephone Assistance

Help with Water Bills

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescriptions

Free Community Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Bills

Automobile Loan Assistance

Free Cash Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Rent help in Greensboro and Guilford County North Carolina.

Get help paying rent in Greensboro and Guilford County North Carolina. As funding allows, a number of housing expenses can be assisted with, ranging from security deposits to even moving costs in some cases. The leading non-profit organizations, churches and agencies to call for rental assistance are listed below.

In addition to these non-profit agencies and government programs, also try calling your local church in Greensboro for help with paying rent and other housing needs. The more charities, not-for-profits and other programs you call the better your chance of receiving rent assistance.

The rent programs listed below help thousands of local Greensboro, High Point, and other residents every year. Even if funds or government grants are not available, the agencies may offer referrals or a low interest loan to help tenants pay any back rent that is due to the landlord. In addition most locations can also provide other forms of emergency financial assistance, information and counseling.

Greensboro Salvation Army. Phone 336-273-9715 is the agency that covers the greater Greensboro metropolitan area, and may have some low income housing assistance for people facing eviction, on the verge of homelessness, or who are facing a crisis.

Guilford County Department of Social Services, which is based at 1203 Maple Street in Greensboro, North Carolina, can be reached at 336-641-3000. They offer a number of different assistance programs. One of them is currently being used to provide temporary rent and housing assistance to Guilford County residents in times of a hardship or personal crisis. The DSS will only help people when other resources are unavailable, so it is a last resort. County Financial Assistance (CFA) can assist the low income with paying for one month’s rent or even energy bills or utilities.





Salvation Army
High Point, North Carolina 27261
This is the local High Point charity organization. Emergency assistance is available to help the low income, working poor, and those on the verge of poverty, with paying their rent or a security deposit. From time to time other forms of financial assistance may be disbursed, including funds for energy bills and free food. Another location is at 301 W Green Dr, High Point, NC 27260. Dial (336) 881-5400.

Greensboro Housing Authority, (336)275-8501, covers all of Guilford County. They offer Housing Development, and Rental Assistance, including information on section 8.

Community Action Program, Inc. - This non-profit serves all of Guilford County North Carolina. Work with a counselor to become self-sufficient over the long term, so access job training, career development, and other resources.





However, until that time comes, the Guilford County Community Action Program, Inc. can often times direct people to short term programs to help pay rent. There are grants available and options such as homeless prevention and rapid rehousing. Greensboro, NC based. Dial 336-274-4673.

Greensboro Urban Ministry (call 336-271-5959) runs the Emergency Assistance Program (EAP). You need to be referred to the program. Get help with paying past due rent or security deposits for a new home or low income apartment. Other advice and financial support may be offered too. Address is 305 West Lee Street, Greensboro, NC.

Helping Hands Ministries provides help in a crisis. Loans and other forms of rental assistance may be offered to people facing an eviction, with a focus on the vulnerable such as single moms or seniors. Free advice, information on shelter, and help for first months rent may be offered from the Community Resource Network. Call (336) 886-2327 to reach the High Points non-profit.

Housing Hotline of Greensboro and Guilford County provides information on low income housing, linkage to agencies that may have money for emergency rent, and other support. Phone - (336) 691-9521.

Legal Aid - Greensboro Office - Tenants and low income families can get free legal advice on housing and pay or quit notices. Free legal representation and advice is from attorneys on housing matters. 122 North Elm Street, Greensboro, North Carolina 27401, call (336) 272-0148

Open Door Ministries of High Point Inc. provides counseling and financial assistance to low-income, indigent, and homeless persons, including rent and housing expenses. High Point, North Carolina. Phone 336-885-0191

Referrals are provided from the Greensboro Housing Hotline. Both tenants as well as homeowners can get advice on where to turn to for assistance. Whether a mortgage, storage fee, rental assistance grant for single moms, loans, or subsidies, information is offered.

This is one of the main services for anyone in need. Even get help and find an attorney for free adivce or representation in court. More on the Guilford County Housing hotline.

Greensboro Housing and Community Development Department offers emergency funds that can be used to stop an eviction from the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program. Call (336) 373-4671





Guilford County services for stopping evictions can prevent homelessness. There are also rehousing programs in place. Tenants can apply for rental grants or mediation, and there is also money for security deposits or other costs, such as motel vouchers. Find rent help or short term housing as part of Guilford County eviction prevention programs.

Greensboro Housing Authority can help individuals pay security deposits. Call 336-275-8501

St. Vincent de Paul Society of Greensboro NC, which has a main office at 2201 West Market Street and can be called at (336) 272-0336, runs a housing and household furniture program. For example, apply for limited amounts of financial assistance (up to $50.00) for paying either your rent or utilities. In addition, the organization also offer provides secondhand furniture (when available).


By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Financial Literacy

Search Site