Find foundations that help pay bills.
Foundations operate charity as well as non-profit type programs that families need to apply for. They operate either nationally or locally, and some have specific causes. Some which are listed below may offer grants to help pay rent or maybe medical bills or transportation. There may be foundations that work to end homelessness or provide free food to battle hunger or they take o other causes. The resources available are very limited and only a very small number of applicants are generally able to be assisted.
Depending on the foundation in question, families that are selected will receive financial assistance, free items, counseling, or maybe even a financial makeover. Foundations will also generally partner with various professionals, third-party affiliates, charities, and national charities in an effort to help the underprivileged get more help. They will generally offer a highly skilled financial team.
Financial assistance from non-profit foundations
There are dozens of them. Find examples below. They can be run by corporations or non-profit organizations – the funding will come from different sources. Some of the financial assistance provided by a non-profit foundation may include but is not limited too.
- Mortgage, housing and/or rent payments. Since only a very small number of people may qualify for help, find additional ways to get rent help or mortgage and foreclosure assistance.
- They can help you find available state and federal government funds or grants.
- Some foundations may be able to assist with paying utility bills, deal with car loan companies, and provide resources to help with other applicable debts.
- Many non-profit foundations provide help to the sick or ill or cancer patients, including free prescription drugs, financial help during the illness, travel to a hospital and more.
- Hunger prevention is a focus, so free food, baby formula, help in applying for EBT SNAP food stamps and other resources are offered.
- Foundations work to improve financial literacy, including budgeting classes or debt management..
- Anti-poverty tools including employment, job training, career advice, and other case management.
- Immigrants, minorities, undocumented workers and others can often get help from some foundations.
- Help you find and procure charitable contributions and donations from numerous programs that are available.
Local and national foundations to apply at
As noted, there are dozens of these organizations. They can be local or national. Many are focused on serving a specific need, such as medical or maybe address affordable housing. Some of the main foundations for financial aid are listed below, but there are many others out there.
- College costs – Dozens of corporate and charitable foundations offer financial assistance. This may include free scholarships, financial aid, low cost loans, and more. Read more on free college scholarships.
- Patient Access Network – The non-profit known as PAN helps with paying for prescription drug out of pocket costs. If insurance goes not cover it, the foundation may help. More on PAN - Patient Access Network.
- Healthwell Foundation – A wide variety of medical bills can be paid, including premiums, deductibles, surgery, cancer costs, and more. Continue with assistance from Healthwell Foundation.
- Jewish Federation – This is a national non-profit - charity. They have dozens of local foundations, each which may offer emergency financial help to pay the bills or rent, interest free loans, and other support. Get financial help from Jewish Federation.
- CancerCare – This foundation, as the name implies, only helps cancer patients. Both living costs (such as housing, hotel stays, home care, etc.) can be paid as well as some grants for cancer medications and healthcare bills. More details on CancerCare.
- Operation Round Up Foundation – It is generally run by utility companies, both regional and local cooperatives. The grants can help pay bills, housing, transportation, and emergency expenses. Find details on how to get help from Operation Roundup.
- The Gradient Gives Back Community Outreach Program - This non-profit will provide both free financial counseling and assistance, including grants. The official website is here.
- Life Beyond Cancer Foundation – Another focused on cancer patients and their families. Continue with Life Beyond Cancer Foundation assistance programs.
- Grants from foundations – There are a number of non-profit grant programs. Funds for starting a business, paying a mortgage or utility bill, addressing debt or educational needs and other bills can be covered. More information on emergency grants for paying bills.
If you are a family that is selected, you will receive assistance in several areas depending o the foundation and its focus. More general details include the following. First, the financial professionals that work with a non-profit Foundation will help out with the family’s current financial situation, and this may include grants to pay rent, mortgage, or lease payments. In addition, they will try to offer assistance with utility companies and any bills that are due.
In addition, most foundations will also help the family plan for their future, put together a budget to keep them out of financial difficulty, and work with them on long term solutions, even including employment needs. They also help with budgeting, credit repair, and other critical needs.
From this point, families will undergo comprehensive budgeting, financial planning analysis and also career counseling and coaching. Some of the budgeting support provided by includes a review of your income, expenses, interest rates and all off your outstanding debts, including credit card and medical. The goal is to get families back on track to self-sufficiency.
Foundations are meant to be short term support. Often it is one time only. Therefore, any type of financial aid provided is not intended to be a handout, but rather a hand up. This is why any outreach services provided come with counseling, budgeting workshops, credit services, and financial literacy sessions.
A foundation will also advocate on behalf of the poor and low income. They partner with communities and non-profits across the nation (or a local community) in an effort to help the less fortunate. One of the focuses of the charity is to assist those families that are in danger of losing their home and that are facing homelessness. Or they help with employment, medical needs, and foundations work to end hunger too. If any non-profit organization that is set up as a foundation can’t assist you or your family, they may be able to provide referrals or other support.