Assistance programs Clay County Missouri.
Financial find and social service programs are for low income families in Clay County. Get free grant money or loans to help with rent, utility bills, or medical needs. Or get free food from a pantry or health care from a clinic. There are also free clothing closets for the low income as well as school supplies or Christmas toys. Get financial help near you in the Clay County MO region.
There are churches, charities, as well as government benefits from Human Resources Department or Social Services in Clay County. There is emergency help, job programs, free budgeting classes, hot meals from a soup kitchen and other services. The goal of any emergency help is short term relief as well as arrange long term self-sufficiency.
Grants from Community Action Agency of Greater Kansas City, also called United Services
Clay County residents can turn to the local community action agency for immediate financial help to pay bills if they are facing a crisis. The Community Action Agency of Greater Kansas City (United Services) is a nonprofit, private corporation that is committed to addressing both the immediate and the long term needs of low and moderate income families or individuals that live in the local area.
Emergency help is offered in Clay County. The community action agency provides crisis intervention programs that include free food within days. There is also immediate utility and heating bill assistance, rent help and free clothing assistance. People in need can apply for grants or other cash assistance, including vouchers to pay for gas to get to work or free car or truck repairs.
- Career and Employment Development - The USCAA organization will also help people find a job and develop their skills. The Job Readiness Program is program that was developed to help increase their income and gain new skills. Get assistance with tasks including resume writing, interview skills, access to a computer. The service also includes such things as job search techniques and resume and cover letter writing as well as information on devices needed for work, such as a free computer or cell phone. Get a free government cell phone today.
- Rent Assistance - Funds may be available for people and families facing an eviction from their current home or apartment. Funding is limited, so contact the agency for the latest information. There is also information on free lawyers for low income renters in Clay County, as they too help stop evictions. Find free lawyers also give advice.
- Energy Bills - The agency also administers the federal government funded LIHEAP program. The low income program provides cash grants and weatherization services to low income and other qualified applicants. People can receive hundreds of dollars per year to use towards paying heating and energy bills. Or they can use the weatherization program to help them conserve energy, and therefore reduce their utility and heating bills.
- Prescription Medication Assistance - Qualified individuals, including low-income people, are provided free access to low-cost and no-cost prescription medication and drugs. This is done as the United Services Community Action Agency will connecting applicants directly to the pharmaceutical companies’ drug assistance programs. Click here for additional prescription drug programs.
In addition, long term solutions that can help people get back on their feet. Services are provided through case management, employment, foreclosure prevention, education and community level programs. This is the local community action agency that offers qualified individuals a wide variety of other free services. Call the United Services Community Action Agency at (816) 358-6868 to learn more. Or click here for details on assistance from United Services Community Action.
Help for utility bills, rent, housing and other services in Clay County Missouri
Love Inc., which is located in Liberty Missouri, offers emergency assistance for basic needs, such as rent and utility bills. There are also free vouchers, supplies and more for low-income families, single mothers and the elderly of Clay County Missouri. Much of the support is from referrals from their Clearinghouse, and they even give out referrals to free samples of samples of items. Find how to get a sample at home.
- There are many churches that are part of LOVE INC. There are also basic needs including everything from free food to home repairs, baby supplies, hygiene items and support for the elderly too. The main center is at 2050 Plumbers Way #160, Liberty, MO 64068. Dial (816) 781-3200, or more on LOVE INC Clay County Missouri.
Salvation Army of Liberty Missouri and Clay County is a non-profit that may be able to provide electric, gas, water and rent assistance programs. In addition to grants for those needs, the Liberty Missouri location may have referrals to other services as needed. For example, get referred to legal aid, housing, security deposit and such programs as loan modifications from attorneys.
- Free items are given out too. They include furniture; free school supplies or backpacks; Thanksgiving turkeys and Christmas toys. There is also substance abuse counseling. To learn more on this agency, call (816) 630-4155 or (816)421-2243. The address is 108 W Broadway Ave, Excelsior Springs, MO 64024. Or find more details on Salvation Army programs in Clay County.
Saint Andrew The Apostle Church - The church provides and sponsors emergency financial assistance including help for paying utilities, rent, deposits, free food and prescriptions. There are groceries and a soup kitchen too. They also work closely with St. Benedict's Thrift Shop in Pleasant Valley, MO. Gladstone Missouri. Call (816) 453-2089
Northland Assistance Center - This non-profit provides heating and utility assistance, including help for paying gas, electric and water bills. Housing needs met by NAC including rent assistance, security deposit and rent deposit assistance. Or try the non-profit for prescription assistance and access to a grocery and food pantry. North Kansas City. Dial (816) 421-2243, or find financial help from Northland Assistance Center.
Metro Lutheran Ministry - People of all faiths can turn to this location for financial help, free items and advice. They can coordinate social service programs which include services to elderly, emergency assistance (rent, mortgage, utilities, heating, food/commodities and clothing), as well as free housing and foreclosure counseling. There is also budget management, pre-job training and job development, debt reduction. Commodities and food are also available for Clay County, Missouri only. Call (816) 454-5295, or find more help from Metro Lutheran Ministry.
Liberty Human Resources Department is the main government assistance office. They give applications with some or all of the following. The low income, people living in poverty, the unemployed and seniors/disabled are the main clients. Public aid in Clay County may include the following.
- Food assistance from SNAP food stamps. There is also an EBT card, shopping classes or WIC vouchers for government benefits, including emergency SNAP. Even learn about what non-food items SNAP can pay for
- Cash aid or TANF welfare. This is a temporary cash assistance program. There are also SSI disability applications and welfare programs or free handicapped transportation services.
- Free government health insurance, including Medicaid or Medicare applications.
- Resources for senior citizens, including medications, elder care and nursing home services.
Other government aid is offered too. The Human Resources - Social Service agency is at 11 S Water St, Liberty, MO 64068. Call (816) 736-8351, or find more on government assistance.
Good Samaritan Center of Excelsior Springs Missouri - A non-profit that is committed to helping the homeless, poor and needy. The agency can provide emergency assistance with providing and offering shelter, utilities, food, clothing, transportation, groceries, and medical. Or get dental services, health care and information on financial help organizations. Limited furniture is available. Call (816) 630-2718
Church of the Annunciation - Offers church based emergency assistance providing utility, heating, rent and housing assistance. The Church of the Annunciation will try to help clients meet basic needs in emergency situations. The address is 701 N Jefferson St, Kearney, MO 64060. Call (816) 628-5030 x 100
United Services - Northland of Clay County. This non-profit addresses and confronts the immediate and long-term needs of low-income persons, the unemployed, and working poor. Get case management, free clothing/food pantries, groceries, job finding assistance, individual development accounts and utility bill assistance. (816) 459-9615
Lee's Summit Social Services provides assistance to certain towns in Clay County. Residents of Lone Jac, Lee's Summit, Greenwood, and Lake Lotawana may all look into the following programs. Housing needs including rent, utilities, or even mortgage help or section 8 vouchers. They also help very low income families or those living in poverty apply for section 8 HCV in Missouri near you.
- Some medical needs include eye exams, prescription eyeglasses, medications and dental care. Other miscellaneous items such as household and personal items as well as clothing and baby supplies may be offered along with money management. Address is 108 SE 4th Street, Lee's Summit, MO 64063. Call (816) 525-4357.
Saint Charles Church may be able to assist with rent and utilities for those faced with eviction or disconnection. There is also free boxes of groceries, personal hygiene stuff and clothes for kids or adults. Call (816) 468-5153
Catholic Charities helps the poor, immigrants and people with no money in Clay County. Everything from food boxes or clothes to help for women facing DV, low cost legal aid, and counseling is provided. Very limited financial help may be available in a crisis. Call (816) 221-4377.
Find help during the holidays from charities. Using donations from the Clay County community, various Adopt a Family programs offer free food, toys, meals, and other goods to children. Other clients of the Christmas programs are the working poor, seniors, and disabled. Learn more on free holiday help in Kansas City area.
Community Services League supports Clay County, Liberty, and other cities and towns. A case management system that is strength based addresses employment, financial literacy, as well as financial help in a crisis. There is eviction or foreclosure help, emergency food, basic household items including diapers, and an Emergency Assistance (EAP) Program with grants. Or get help in applying for SNAP in Clay County, cash assistance, free school supplies and other goods. Continue with financial help from Community Services.
Free legal aid from lawyer consultations are available in Clay County MO. Low to moderate income families, the elderly and disabled can get free legal services, consultations and assistance. There is help with housing, applying for benefits, eviction prevention and other support from Legal Aid of Western Missouri. This organization serves people in Clay County and Liberty Missouri.
Qualified clients can get help with cases including housing assistance, consumer debts, foreclosure, and tips on applying for governmental benefits. There is also family law, debt collectors, immigration, guardianship problems, and legal aid for helping with predatory mortgage lenders. Attorneys at this non-profit law firm can provide counsel and even represent a client in court. Contact an attorney at (816) 474-6750 for more information.
Food pantries, soup kitchens and free food banks
Freedom House - In as Much Ministry of Liberty Missouri provides access to food pantry. Can and fresh items are offered occasionally food vouchers. Dial (816) 781-6357. The location is 2050 Plumbers Way, Liberty, MO 64068.
Englewood Baptist Church (Phone (816) 453-0975) is another church that offers food and aid. The location is 1900 NE Englewood Rd, Kansas City, MO 64118.
Avondale United Methodist Church operates a food pantry. Free groceries, canned goods and more may be passed out. The location is in Clay County at 3135 NE Winn Road in Kansas City. Call (816) 452-3518 for hours and intake.
Good Shepherd Pantry is another center to try if you live in Clay County. The drive thru pantry and distribution center is at 9555 N Oak Trafficway, Kansas City, MO 64155. Call (816) 734-2216
Nashua Baptist Church is located at 11408 N. Main Street in Kansas City. Dial (816) 734-4046 for information on their meal and food assistance programs.
Clay County families can also turn to one of many other food pantries or government programs. There are churches that serve hot meals, including at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Or pantries offer free groceries, hygiene items, and even clothing such as winter coats. Last, but not least, apply for food stamps or summer snacks for students. More on Clay County Missouri free food pantries.
Free health, dental or medical care and community clinics
Feel free to contact Cabot Westside Health Center (phone (816) 471-0900) for help. It is an outpatient community health center and it is the only full service, bilingual/Spanish comprehensive health clinic and dental facility that is located in the Clay County area. The Cabot health care center helps thousands of patients annually. Or learn more about income based health centers.
- Most of the people using its services do not have health insurance, or their coverage is very limited. Services provided at this free health care include family medicine, pediatrics, preventative and restorative dental care, health education and prevention care programs. Basic dental is given as well. The location is 2121 Summit St, Kansas City, MO 64108.
Samuel U. Rodgers Health Center (Rodgers - Northland Health Center) offers care that is based on a patients income. The clinic may be able to provides primary health and medical care services including physical examinations, treatment of health issues, and women's health. There are also immunizations & vaccinations, sexually transmitted infection diagnosis and treatment. Dental care is offered for children only. Phone ((816) 413-0662 and location is 800 Haines, Liberty, MO 64068.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com