Assistance programs Brazos County.
Find where to apply for government grants and loans to pay bills in Brazos County. Locate charities, churches, and government agencies that offer immediate financial help, including for rent, utility or medical bills, transportation and other needs. Get assistance near you in Brazos County TX.
Low income families, single mothers, seniors or the disabled can for emergency financial help along with free stuff, including in Bryan and College Station. Get free job placement, security deposit grant money, free food or credit counseling services as well as other case management services. Or locate free medical or dental in Brazos County.
Financial help including food, money for housing, and utility assistance
The Brazos Valley Community Action Agency will provide residents of College Station, Brazos County, and other surrounding counties with a variety of financial aid.
- They provide a variety of housing assistance, including even help with electric bills. The Energy/Housing assistance offered includes the Weatherization, Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP), or housing such as Rent help and Affordable Housing. This housing program also covers many counties including Brazos, Burleson, Montgomery, Grimes, Leon, Madison, Waller, Robertson, Walker and Washington counties.
- Some of the other services offered include Appliance Replacement Program. There will be free fridges, washers or dryers, and energy efficient appliances. Learn more on a free refrigerator.
- A Crisis Program that provides referrals to grants or funds for electric, gas, and cooling bills.
- Low-income families, the uninsured and students can receive free or discounted health care from the health centers of BVCAA, Inc. They do their best to offer both quality primary and preventive health care and screening to the medically uninsured and under served of the Brazos Valley.
- Food assistance and delivery is provided to the elderly. They will even have it delivered to your home. They also partner with various Texas free food pantries and food banks.
Call the Brazos Valley Community Action Agency at (979) 846-1100 or (979) 595-2800. Or read more on getting help from community action in Brazos County.
Salvation Army Social Services are offered. Call them at (979) 361-0618. The Salvation Army is a world wide organization that offers low income, the unemployed, and struggling individuals with numerous options. Contact them to learn about rent assistance and housing programs, where to turn to for mortgage help, or possible financial assistance for utility bills.
The Salvation Army has their main center (and thrift store) in Bryan, but resources are served across the county. They also have free food, seasonal help (such as free back to school supplies, Christmas toys, Thanksgiving dinners, etc.) as well as information on debt counseling and other assistance programs. There is also case management, a homeless shelter, and other social services. More on Salvation Army assistance programs Brazos County.
Free fans and summer cooling bill assistance - Many families in Texas struggle with paying their electric and air conditioning bills during the summertime. A few agencies around the Brazos Texas region focus on addressing this need. Programs can provide free fans, gently used or new air conditioning systems, or direct cash assistance from resources such as LIHEAP and other government aid. All items and aid is distributed on a first come-first served basis to the low income and people who qualify, and the demand for help is high. Learn more on cooling bill help Brazos County.
Society of Saint Vincent de Paul in Bryan and Brazos County is a leading charity organization that is made up of churches and volunteers. A number of basic needs can be provided by the group, including some financial aid. Funds can be used to pay for rent, utility bills, or in some cases transportation costs. Free food, clothing, and vouchers for medications may be available.
A thrift store is also available that will sell goods to people across Brazos County, and it can sell low cost goods such as furniture, household supplies, and appliances. A number of other services are provided as well. More on St. Vincent Brazos County programs.
Texas Health and Human Services Commission of Bryan County has public aid and government benefits - The county offers services for families living in or on the brink of poverty. Social workers can help with applications to cash assistance for basic needs and paying for living expenses. This includes cash assistance from TANF, Medicaid, or SNAP food stamps as well as an EBT card. Even locate an EBT restaurant near you.
- There are also government grants as part of CEAP for utility bills or support from food stamps in Brazos County. Other financial aid can cover medical or dental needs, cash benefits, senior care and much more. Continue with public assistance in Brazos County.
Catholic Charities of Central Texas and Brazos Valley provides support. There is help for women facing DV, migrants, immigrants and the poor. Everything from counseling services to low-cost lawyers, food boxes, clothes and basic needs are provided. They also help people locate affordable housing and offer other support from 1410 Cavitt Ave, Bryan, TX 77801. Phone: (979) 822-9340
Lone Star Legal Aid of Bryan Texas has free lawyers, pro-bono staff, and legal consults - which are free for low-income families. The pro-bono attorneys cover College station too. The location is 1714 E 29th St, Bryan, TX 77802. Call (979) 775-5050. More on Texas free legal hotline.
Brazos County free health care clinics
People with limited income, or who have no health insurance or limited insurance can contact Health For All at 979) 774-4176 or (979) 774-4272. The clinic and medical professionals who work there provide free doctor visits, pharmaceuticals and prescription medications. There is even help for women’s medical issues, and find free Womens medical centers in Texas.
Or get lab tests, specialist exams, X-rays, chronic disease management education, general exams, and counseling services for low income families and individuals in the Brazos Valley area who do not have health insurance. The address is 3030 East W 29th St #111, Bryan, TX 77802.
- It also provides health care for patients who do not qualify for federal or state of Texas government programs such as Medicaid, County Indigent funds, or Medicare. Click here to find additional state prescription programs for free medications.
Free food, pantry, and food bank
Brazos Valley Food Bank provides free food to local distribution centers and charities. There is fruits, dairy, groceries, and shelf-stable items. These agencies then provide the food to people who need help. Call (979) 779-3663 to find a distribution center near you.
There are numerous other programs and pantries that offer free food. Families can turn to churches, or they can apply for public support such as SNAP food stamps. Or click here to find a number of Brazos County food banks, clothing closets, and thrift stores.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com