latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Local programs - Search

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Car Payment Assistance

How to Save Money

Help with Medical Bills



Assistance programs Walla Walla County.

Find how to apply for financial help, whether it is grants to pay rent, medical care, free food, or utility bill assistance in Walla Walla County. There are programs available at churches, DSHS government agencies as well as charities that help low-income families, seniors and the disabled. Get financial assistance near you in Walla Walla County.

Struggling families will also get free stuff. This can include clothes or school supplies for kids. Or get a free gas voucher, access to internet service for work, and other items.. The government also has applications for immediate financial help and benefits, and support is for everyone that is struggling or that is living on a low income.

Financial help for bills, housing, rent and food programs in Walla Walla County

Housing choice vouchers are available in Walla Walla County. The section 8 program standards allow rent assistance to be paid at 110 percent of fair-market rates for the unit, whether an apartment or rental home. Any renters who are currently in the Housing Choice voucher program pay approximately 30 percent of their gross income toward their monthly rent and the Walla Walla Housing Authoritywill pay the balance using federal government grant dollars. The rent assistance that is paid out averages nearly $400 per family. The The PHA is at 501 Cayuse St, Walla Walla, WA 99362. Phone: (509) 527-4542. Read more on Washington section 8 housing.

A Walla Walla agency known as Helpline offers Emergency Social Services to the working poor, single moms and low income. The agency can provides emergency social services and access to government assistance programs. Get financial help as well as referrals to food banks or clothing closets for gently used or new clothing. Rent payment resources are offered too, as well as immediate rental and housing assistance, or look here for rental assistance near you.

There is also emergency shelter, utility and heating bill assistance, prescription drug assistance, free dental care for the low-income or uninsured and also protective payee services. Call (509) 529 - 3377.. The address is 412 W Poplar St, Walla Walla, WA 99362.

The Salvation Army of Walla Walla of course is another key non-profit in the area. They can provide financial assistance, when funding is available. The Salvation Army operates nationally and in general can provide assistance with paying rent, groceries, clothing, food, and money for pay all utilities (such as electric and water bills).




There are also additional resources from the Christian church faith group. Two of them are seasonal in nature, and those are the holiday as well as free back to school supply services. Another one is the low cost school camps for children in the community. They also offer free furniture and rehab services. The location is at 825 W Alder St, Walla Walla, WA 99362. Call (509) 529-9470. More on Salvation Army Walla Walla County.

Blue Mountain Action Council - Runs the local version of the federal governments Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). This is a resource that helps low to moderate income households pay part of their home utility and/or energy bills. Apply for cash grants and other forms of energy bill help (such as weatherization) at the Blue Mountain Action Council, or find other Washington utility assistance programs.

The organization is often called BMAC for short. They administer countless other program for the less fortunate and working poor as well. Case managers can address housing needs, and direct clients to rental assistance, the Washington THOR program or free temporary transitional housing.

A major focus is on helping with employment concerns, and resources such as the Workforce Investment Act offered in Walla Walla County are used to do this. As part of this, a free computer, work clothes, or gas cards may be provided. Other basic needs such as food, medical care clinics, and more may be available. Call (509) 529 - 4980, or read BMAC assistance.

St. Vincent de Paul - Walla Walla ((509) 529 - 3377 or 509-525-3903) is a partnership of local churches and religious organization. They can provide emergency financial assistance for paying for a crisis or hardship. They also give out free stuff to the low-income, seniors or single moms with kids.

Receive emergency financial help with paying for heating bills, free food and groceries, or medicine. Or apply for free new or used clothing, furniture and bedding, as well as personal hygiene items. St. Vincent also operates an on site thrift store selling donated items, the profits from which are used for funding additional low income community assistance programs and helping the working poor.

Eastern Washington Catholic Charities offers social services, emergency aid, and other support to the poor and low income. They are involved in numerous programs and services, including some or all of the following. Referrals can also be made to other local Walla Walla agencies.

  • Free food assistance programs, including pantries and lunches/snacks for students.
  • Housing programs, including affordable units and emergency rent help, as funding allows.
  • Support for seniors, such as home delivered meals.
  • Help for immigrants.

Catholic Charities is involved in other assistance as well for the less fortunate. Learn more on Eastern WA Catholic Charities.





 Department Of Social And Health Services helps the low-income, poor, unemployed and other apply for public assistance. The government benefits are wide ranging. There are EBT cards from the Basic Food program or get WIC vouchers for baby formula. TANF is the states cash assistance programs for paying bills. Or apply for government insurance from Medicaid as well as disability benefit programs for adults.

Applications are accepted for state and federal benefit programs. There is even free day care for low-income, working parents or those in job training. DSHS of Walla Walla County is based at 1371 W Pine St, Walla Walla, WA 99362. Call (877) 501-2233


Related Content From


By Jon McNamara













Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page