Rent assistance Williamson County Texas.
Low-income families in Williamson County TX will get emergency rental or security deposit assistance from a number of churches, charities, and government agencies. There are also free lawyers for tenants facing eviction, section 8 vouchers to pay for low-income housing as well as motel vouchers. Find rent assistance near you in Williamson County Texas, including the cities of Georgetown and Round Rock.
The goal is to stop evictions and offer homeless prevention programs. There is immediate as well as long term, rental or housing assistance as well as case management. A major focus is on helping single moms, senior citizens or disabled people with their housing needs. Grants or loans, or even section 8 vouchers, can be applied towards rental costs in Williamson County.
Most of the rent assistance programs or free legal defense services offered are focused on struggling families who are faced with an unexpected crisis, such as a job joss or medical emergency. Funding is limited and only a small number of people may qualify for help. However anyone that is faced with an eviction, or need funds for a security deposit for a new apartment or money to help with back rent should apply. There are also disabled housing assistance resources.
Organizations that help pay rent in Round Rock and Williamson County TX
Hill Country Community Ministries covers multiple regions, including Williamson County. The charity is at 1005 Lacy Drive, Leander, Texas 78641. Various forms of emergency financial assistance is offered, including for rent, security deposits, relocation costs, mortgage payments, and more. The goal is to help people living in poverty or in a crisis reclaim their dignity and get back to the level of self-sufficiency to which they are capable.
- Typical HCCM clients who get immediate rent payment help are families and individuals who are financially devastated by issues out of their control, such as the loss of job, employment, poverty, or who are faced with a medical emergency. Call to make an appointment or learn more. Phone number - 512-259-0360.
St. Patrick Catholic Church only has voucher for utilities and they do not have rent help. Referrals may be offered as well. However this form of support can be effective for low-income renters who are facing evictions due to the loss of utilities. The location is 2500 Lemmer Loop, Hutto, Texas 78634. Dial 512-759-3712.
Saint Vincent de Paul housing resources
There are multiple SVDP parishes in Williamson County. Each has limited funds and focuses their rent programs on the local area only. Whether free furniture for a low-income rental unit, grant money for bills, or other support, the St. Vincent may be able to assist.
- St. Vincent de Paul and Thrift Store may have referrals. Dial the St. Vincent location at 209 North Main, Taylor, Texas 76574. Provides free household items, furniture, bedding, and utensils for Taylor Texas tenants in need. Some limited emergency financial help will often by offered, including for rent to families with an eviction notice. Main phone number is 512-352-2453
- St. Margaret Mary is part of SVDP Society. The parish is located at 1101 New Hope Drive, Cedar Park, Texas 78613. A variety of free items (furniture, etc.) as well as emergency financial help is offered, including for rent or utilities to qualified low-income families. Based on donations/funding, and volunteer screenings, there may be money for paying back rent or utilities to stop eviction. Or learn about homeless shelters, immigration services and more. Call 512-259-1056 or (512) 259-3126.
- St. William Catholic Church of the Society of Saint Vincent is at 620 Round Rock West Drive, Round Rock, Texas 78681. Phone 512-255-2330. Programs provide limited amounts of financial assistance for paying for rent, motel vouchers, shelter, and other emergency housing type needs.
- St. Helen's Catholic Church is another option. They offer emergency Rental Assistance in Georgetown. The address is 2700 E University Avenue, Georgetown. Call (512)868-1964
Taylor Neighborhood Center provides rental assistance to tenants, the elderly, and people in crisis. The charity has limited resources but tries to offer funds, paid directly to the landlord, as available from 410 W 7th St, Taylor, Texas 76574. Dial (512) 352-5523
Texas Legal Services Center will arrange free lawyers for low-income tenants facing eviction. There is also free landlord-tenant mediation, assistance applying for government benefit programs, and eviction defense. There are multiple pro-bono and volunteer attorneys in Williamson County Texas, and call 512.477.6000. More on how to qualify for legal aid in TX.
The Caring Place offers emergency housing assistance programs, among other resources, from 2000 Railroad Street, Georgetown, Texas 78627. The mission of The Caring Place is to serve the human needs of the low income, seniors, single moms and others in Georgetown and Northern Williamson County. The Caring Place can assist families in the following ways, including financial assistance for rent, utilities, temporary shelter, or security deposits. There is also free landlord/tenant mediation as well as housing counseling, and more.
- Three core program areas are offered to the low-income and working poor in Williamson County TX, including emergency assistance for rental arrears, supportive case management, and community education. Specialists and volunteers strive to help neighbors in need during difficult times in the lives. Call 512-869-4735.
Salvation Army Family Services include emergency help for housing needs, including rent, utilities or possibly a security deposit. There are also free motel vouchers for homeless people in Williamson County TX as well as transitional apartments. Continue with Salvation Army financial help Williamson County.
Williamson County Social Services - A number of assistance programs can be arranged, ranging from cash grants to low income housing, food, ESG grants for rent, immigration help, and more. Any rent or housing resources are combined with job training, educational services and more. Continue with social services in Williamson County.
Williamson County Housing Authorities
They have information on public, low income housing, including with no waiting list, in the community. In addition, the organization can process applications for section 8 housing vouchers. There are also resources for the disabled, elderly, women facing violence, and the main one is HUD section 8 emergency vouchers to help pay for income based homes.
- Georgetown Housing Authority Section 8 Office is at 501 E. Janis Dr., Georgetown, TX 78628. Phone: 512.869.6918.
- Round Rock HA is at 1505 Lance Ln, Round Rock, TX 78664. Main phone: (512) 255-3702
- Taylor HA also has resources. The address is 311 E. 7th St. Taylor, Texas 76574. Phone: (512) 352-3231
The Round Rock Area Serving Center location is 1099 East Main Street, Round Rock, Texas 78664. Very limited amounts of financial assistance may be offered for people in service area for paying rent, mortgage and home loans, utility bills, and much more.
- The non-profit provides limited amounts of emergency financial assistance or cash grants to help for paying rent and electric bills if needed. There may also be information of free hotel or motel vouchers, funds to pay for storage costs, and other housing services.
Programs focus on residents with low income or families with kids, including single moms or dads. The organization also provides help with completing forms and applying for government assistance such as section 8 housing vouchers. Also get referrals to community services and local charities in Williamson County. Call 512-244-2431
Main address is 155 Hillcrest Ln Suite B, Liberty Hill, TX 78642. Phone: (512) 548-5091
The non-profit provides support, referrals and tries to assists qualified Williamson County TX renters and residents. Call for information on availability of funds in the Williamson County area. Services include furniture bank for low-income tenants as well as limited temporary financial assistance for rent, overnight motels, and low-income housing with no waiting. Short term rental assistance may be offered in a crisis.
Veteran Services - Main Office
Veterans in Williamson County can use this agency. Address is Georgetown Annex, 100 Wilco Way, Georgetown, Texas 78626. Phone: (512) 943-1900
Get help from VA benefits, including rent or housing assistance from SSVF. There are also HUD grant money programs in Williamson County such as VASH, transitional housing for veterans, motels, and stabilization services.
Baptist Community Center - The phone number for the regional agency is 512-478-7243. Qualified residents with low income as well as a plan for stability can receive emergency rental assistance, based on funding. The non-profit also provides help with completing forms for government assistance such as section 8, homeless prevention, and can also refer people to programs and offers referrals to community service agencies. Only monthly rent or housing bills may be paid; not deposits.
Catholic Charities of Central Texas assists Williamson County too. A major focus is on immigrants, families with children or women facing domestic abuse. Everything from emergency rent help to safe housings, low-cost no wait list apartments and other support is arranged. Senior citizens can also get assistance. The main number is (512) 651-6100.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com