Assistance programs Putnam County FL.
Get help with paying bills, finding free stuff, and other forms of support in Putnam County. Low income families, senior citizens and others can get assistance. Find free box of food or meal, immediate utility bill or rent assistance, grants for a mortgage or deposit. Locate financial assistance near you in Putnam County FL or Palatka.
Find the leading charities, churches, and government agencies to contact for support below. There are also job training programs, free school supplies for students, debt relief services and more for struggling families or single people.
Community action grant money in Putnam County
If you need help, contact Northeast Florida Community Action Agency, Inc. (NFCAA). They provide housing and energy bill assistance, weatherization, counseling, youth and senior programs, and much more. The programs they offer are below, as well as their contact information. Some of the so called general, social services, or basic financial assistance programs offered include:
- Rent and mortgage assistance, including foreclosure counseling and free advice for tenants as well as homeowners in Putnam County. Locate other rent assistance today in FL.
- Assistance in securing safe, adequate housing, and funds for paying security deposits. They also help people move or relocate, including those families on section 8 with HUD vouchers. Learn more on transferring section 8 vouchers.
- Free food, groceries and support for household grocery purchases.
- Utility, cooling, and if needed, heating bill assistance. A focus is on helping seniors or the disabled keep their power on. Northeast Florida Community Action Agency, Inc. (NFCAA) offers a few different energy programs, including Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and direct cash grants.
- Child care assistance and help finding the highest quality, lowest priced programs
- Transportation assistance. This can include gas for a job in Palatka FL or even car repairs.
- The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) is for families with kids or seniors. The agency serves qualified individuals and families with the necessary free food commodities and groceries that will allow families to live both healthy and productive lifestyles in times of crisis or a hardship. These food programs are available to individuals on a quarterly basis, and people can receive food once per quarter.
- Home repairs, updates, and improvements help the low-income. Elderly, low income, and disabled can receive free home repairs. Some of the services provided include repair or replacement of windows, roofs and doors, installation of storm doors, wall repairs, extra insulation, and exterior paint, including around windows. Learn more on where to get free windows.
- Medical assistance, dental, and wellness programs are offered. The community action agency also offers several health care programs in Putnam County. For example, receive help with the following.
- Eye care, prescription glasses, and vision services
- Prescription assistance, including free medications and vouchers
- Dental care programs, including cleanings and check ups
- Physical check ups
- Critical health care from local clinics and doctors
- The agency performs qualified homeowners with free weatherization methods on their homes to help them lower the cost of utility and home energy bills. Some of these energy conserving methods include floor insulation, window repair or replacement, caulking around windows and vents, and air filter repair or replacement among many other updates.
To learn more about these or other assistance programs, call the Northeast Florida Community Action Agency, Inc. (NFCAA) at (904) 398-7472 or (386) 385-3954. More details on assistance from Northeast Florida Community Action Agency, Inc..
Emergency financial assistance for rent or bills in Putnam County
Putnam County Salvation Army centers run programs, often in partnership with other non-profits. While resources are limited, the agency may be able to help Palatka residents and others from the area with basic needs. Some of the closest locations may be in nearby counties, but referrals and support may be provided.
- Services may be free food, clothing, and funds for housing. Thrift stores can also have goods such as clothing and more for the general population. or children can receive school supplies or Christmas assistance. There is also hardship funds for rent or electric bills, free Christmas toys from Angel Tree and School supply programs too. More on Salvation Army programs Putnam County.
Putnam County Veteran Services Officer (VSO) is based at 2509 Crill Avenue, Palatka, FL 32178. They help veterans in the county as well as their families. A number of benefits are offered, including medical care, SSVF money to pay for rent or electric bills, mortgage help and more. They also help vets with employment, offer debt relief in Putnam County, free cell phones or discounts and more. Call (386) 329-0327 or look here for T-Mobile free phones for veterans.
Catholic Charities Putnam County helps single mothers, seniors, the unemployed and others. There is everything from free food to clothes or money for utilities, rent or a mortgage payment in Putnam County. Immigrants, seniors over the age of 60 and the homeless will get help too. The location is 1000 Husson Avenue, Palatka, FL 32177. Call (386) 328-2333.
Heart of Putnam Food Pantry gives out free groceries, hygiene supplies, possible pet food and more from 521 S 13th St, Palatka, FL 32177. They also have holiday food baskets, including at Christmas or Thanksgiving. Call (386) 972-0875.
Just for Jesus Ministries also help the low-income. The free Food Distribution Center is at 3001 St Johns Ave, Palatka, FL 32177. Dial (352) 215-5457.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com