Assistance programs Pueblo County
Find financial assistance programs for Pueblo County. They will help with electric bills or rent, provide free food, and offer free grant money to low-income families. Charities, churches and government agencies all support struggling people, including by given away free items. Get financial help near you in Pueblo County.
Low income families and those in crisis can get help with heating bills or rent from charities or churches, housing vouchers from the government, and also free medical or dental care from clinics. There is also debt relief programs, transportation assistance in Pueblo Colorado as well as other social services.
Emergency financial assistance for housing, bills, and more
Cooperative Care Center offers programs for low income, unemployed, and the working poor. Note they are an emergency food pantry and do not offer financial aid. This particular organizations offers the following services :
- Clothing for people in need. This includes free clothes for kids, adults, and even school supplies for kids. Locate free school supply giveaway events.
- Emergency prescriptions and medications.
- Baby needs, including diapers and formula for young mothers and fathers.
- Transportation assistance, such as a gas card for a local job in Pueblo or bas pass.
- Free food and groceries, including fresh or shelf-stable. Find other free food in Colorado.
Contact Cooperative Care Center at 719-543-7484 to learn more or to apply for help. The address is 326 W. 8th St., Pueblo, Colorado 81003.
Catholic Charities the Diocese of Pueblo (call 719-544-4233) is another local non-profit charity that can assist people of all faiths. One of the main services they offer is housing counseling and assistance. If someone is facing a foreclosure, is close to an eviction, or needs help paying their mortgage or rent, they may be able to provide both free advice and also limited financial assistance. Click here for more on Colorado mortgage programs.
They have also received funding from the United Way to provide financial assistance for paying utility bills, including water bills. The Pueblo Catholic Charities also helps single mothers, women facing abuse as well as immigrants or migrant workers. The financial programs are more limited, but some Pueblo County families do receive help. Read Pueblo Catholic Charity assistance programs.
Salvation Army of Pueblo, which can be reached at 719-543-3656 provides free food baskets and clothing. They may also be able to refer people to financial assistance and grant programs. Various seasonal programs are offered as well, such as assistance around Thanksgiving, Christmas, and free back to school supplies. Case management is offered too.
The objective of this Pueblo non-profit is to help a family address the immediate crisis (such as an upcoming eviction or utility disconnection) and to also gain longer term self-sufficiency. So to that end the center may also have information on resources such as local job training programs, free gas vouchers and educational opportunities. Get additional information on Salvation Army Pueblo County.
Pueblo YMCA - Several different assistance programs and services. This agency is a health, fitness and recreation focused organization. There is also child care and free vouchers. The facility can be reached at 719-543-5151. The YWCA of Puebloe Colorado provides domestic violence services which sometimes includes gasoline vouchers. The phone number is 719-542-6904 and the crisis line number is 719-545-8195. Parents with kids can get care, and look here for cheap daycare in Colorado.
Senior Resource Development Agency (S.R.D.A.) can be reached at 719-545-8900. They help the elderly and disabled, with a focus on low income senior citizens. There is referrals to programs such as Medicare and affordable supportive housing.
Other services for the Pueblo County area include Meals on Wheels, recreational activities, and referrals to loans or grant based programs for paying bills, such as LIHEAP. SRDA has a focus on people with the greatest socio-economic needs in the region. They help senirs over the age of 60 get government money, benefits and other support. The address is 230 N Union Ave, Pueblo, CO 81003.
Free food is available for an emergency and for low income families from Pueblo County. There are a couple dozen pantries and soup kitchens in the county that will help struggling families. Some non-profits also operate special programs, such as Meals on Wheels for senior citizens. Or a soup kitchen may provide Christmas meals or gifts as well. Locate food pantries in Pueblo County.
Care and Share Food Bank for Southern Colorado is a main free food, grocery and meal distribution center. Get baby formula, ensure for seniors and personal hygiene supplies too. There is also free stuff given out, including referrals to apps such as Freebies Alert. The address is 100 Greenhorn Dr #100, Pueblo, CO 81004. Call (719) 296-6995, or learn more on how to use Freebies Alert.
Pueblo County Social Services Department has applications to government benefits and public assistance. Apply online, or in person, to SNAP food stamps, TANF free cash assistance, Medicaid, disability and others. The address is 320 W 10th St, Pueblo, CO 81003. Call (719) 583-6160
There are other regional resources too for struggling people or families in Pueblo County. Read more on Southeast Colorado assistance programs.
Hardship grants from Human and Social Services
While Pueblo County Colorado does not have an official community action agency, the Pueblo County Housing & Human Services organization runs assistance programs in its place. Those who are struggling can call them at (719) 583-6319 or (719) 583-6199.
- Eyeglass and vision program - Senior Eyeglass Program will provide tests, prescription lenses, eye exams, properly fitted frames and repair of existing frames and lenses to seniors. They also direct low-income people on Medicaid to approved eye doctors, and locate eye doctors that accept Medicaid.
- Dental program - Among other options, the Senior Dental Program offers dental health risk assessments, x-rays and radiographs. There are also free extractions, dental exams, dental cleanings, restorations, limited root canals, and emergency dental treatment to people in need of help, including patients in Pueblo that have no insurance.
- Emergency Repairs and Essential Services Program - Offers low income and elderly individuals with updates and repairs to their homes to ensure they are safe.
- Weatherization - This program can help people reduce their heating and energy bills. Read more on weatherization programs.
- Food - Get free food and groceries from the Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP). They also partner with food pantries and soup kitchens.
- Heating and utility bill crisis intervention - If you are facing a disconnection or termination of your utility or heating service, receive immediate financial aid to pay a bill.
Free emergency dental care and medical assistance in Pueblo
If you need a cleaning, health care or other dental services and can’t afford to pay for service, the, Pueblo Community Health Center, which can be reached at (719) 543-8711 or 543-8718. The non-profit center provides both preventive and emergency dental care to low income and people with no or limited health insurance. There is also behavioral health care, medical treatment, physicals, OB/GYN doctors and other support. Find other details on free OBGYN doctors in Colorado.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com