latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed






Help Near Me

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Eviction prevention and rehousing programs in Oregon.

Find how to get emergency help to stop an eviction in Oregon as well as information on rapid rehousing programs. There is assistance is low-income tenants as well as homeowners and homeless people. Locate grants, free lawyers for tenants, hotel vouchers and more. Locate agencies that help tenants that have an eviction notice in Oregon.

In some cases, the centers may offer direct financial support and in other instances referrals may be offered to non-profits or charities, including for security deposit assistance in Oregon. Regardless, the focus is to stop homelessness, rehouse families, and offer emergency one time financial aid to renters that have an eviction notice from their landlord. This may be to pay rent, mortgage, or a security deposit on a new home.

Financial help to stop an eviction in OR

One of the key housing programs offered is part of the Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG). This relies on federal government funds and the money is used for providing a number of local housing programs. A major focus is on helping low-income families that have an eviction notice or homeowners facing foreclosure.

While the goal is to stop an eviction in Oregon from occurring in the first place, when that is not possible then rapid rehousing can be provided by the Emergency Solutions Grant. Funds can be used for families and individuals to regain stability. The staff from communication agency agencies can help clients locate low income and affordable, permanent housing. Or get money to pay a security deposit on a new apartment, including a list of low income homes without a waiting list.

All emergency financial help to stop an eviction is very limited. In order to be qualified, some or all of the following must be met. The applicant needs to be facing imminent eviction, meet low income guidelines or be homeless. The local community action agency verifies eligibility for any government grants based upon legal status, housing status, income, asset levels, and other criteria.

Another key resource is the EHA (Emergency Housing Assistance program). This more relies on state of Oregon funds. Many of the same services noted below are offered as part of EHA, including emergency rental assistance to prevent an eviction, transitional housing, and rehousing. Low-income families with a history of evictions will get help too.




They also help people find second chance homes to live in, such as ex-felons or applicants with an eviction. Once again, the state of Oregon grants are intended to limited and/or reduce homelessness. Or locate landlords that offer second chance apartments to rent.

Any type of financial assistance is very limited. It may also run out or have a waiting list in place, so for this reason loans may be issued. Every community action agency, non-profit, and charity does what they can to help low income and less fortunate families. However normally only a small number of applicants will be able to receive funds for their rent. Priority is generally for families with young children as well as seniors in Oregon. Funds will also be issued directly to your landlord.

Free legal aid or landlord / tenant mediation may be offered in some parts of Oregon. Having the support of an pro-bono attorney can be key. A number of evictions are questionable and may in fact be illegal. Lawyers can also help homeowners with a foreclosure notice. The community action agency may have referrals to these pro-bono law firms.

Whether someone is homeless or moved into a new home, ongoing case management is available. This can be from community action agencies or non-profits such as the Salvation Army. They can get help with credit repair, job training, and other support. The goal is to deal with the root cause of the hardship and ensure a future housing crisis does not occur.

Oregon rapid rehousing programs

The Re-housing component of ESG is for the currently homeless in Oregon. They can be placed into homeless shelters or transitional housing. Case managers work with the client on self-sufficiency and employment needs. The last part of this, while more limited, can include help to pay for security deposits, the expense to move or even first and last months rental costs. There are also no deposit apartments near you.

As noted, this all relies on annual allotments from the federal government and the Emergency Solutions Grant. The amount paid out to Oregon will vary year to year, so this will impact the number of people that can qualify.





The assistance programs offered by each non-profit or community action agency will vary. It can include emergency shelters, Street outreach, homelessness prevention, and funds for rapid re-housing, including security deposits. In some less common cares a partial mortgage payment can be made to those facing a foreclosure.

Local homeless prevention and security deposit programs in OR

There are a number of non-profit and government organizations listed below, towards the bottom of the page, or find how to get help stopping an eviction in an Oregon county or city near you. As a number of resources, including grants, free lawyers for tenants, and other homeless prevention programs operate at the county level.

Organizations for eviction help in Oregon

ACCESS - Jackson County
Main location is 3630 Aviation Way, Medford, OR 97501. Dial (541) 779-6691

CAO Community Action Organization Washington County
1001 SW Baseline Street, Hillsboro, OR 97123. Phone (503) 648-6646
HUD Emergency Solution Grants provide homeless prevention services. The government program pays for everything from security deposits to moving costs and is combined with free legal aid.

CAPECO Community Action Program of East Central Oregon including Morrow, Umatilla, Gilliam and Wheeler Counties
721 SE Third Suite D, Pendleton, OR 97801. Phone (541) 276-1926

CAT Community Action Team Clatsop, Columbia and Tillamook Counties
125 N 17th Street , St. Helens, OR 97051. Call (503) 397-3511

CCNO Community Connection of Northeast Oregon - Baker, Grant, Union, and Wallowa Counties
2802 Adams Avenue, La Grande, OR 97850. Call (541) 963-3186

CCSSD Clackamas County - Social Services Division
14993 SE 82nd Dr, Clackamas, OR 97015. Phone: (503) 632-0562 or Telephone - (503) 655-8641
The agency may have federal government grants for homeless prevention programs, including rental or deposit funds.

CinA Community in Action Harney and Malheur Counties
49 NW 1st Street, Ontario, OR 97914. Phone: (541) 889-1060

CSC Community Services Consortium of Lincoln, Benton and Linn Counties
250 Broadalbin Street, Albany, OR 97321. Main phone number is (541) 928-6335





KLCAS - Klamath Lake County Community Action Services
2316 S 6th St C, Klamath Falls, OR 97601. Call (541) 882-3500

LCHHS Lane County Human Services Commission
125 E 8th Avenue, Eugene, OR 97401. Main phone (541) 682-3798

MCHA Mid-Columbia Housing Authority - Hood River, Sherman and Wasco Counties
Address iss 500 E 2nd St, The Dalles, OR 97058. Call (541) 296-5462

MULTCO/ DSCP Multnomah County Department of School & Community Partnerships
421 SW Oak Street, Portland, OR 97204. Call  (503) 648-6646 or For information on housing resources, call (503) 988-6295
Non-profits and government agencies work to help stop evictions. For the currently homeless in Oregon, they can apply for free motel vouchers, emergency funds for housing, as well as income stability/job placement. Continue with .

MWVCAA Mid-Willamette Valley Community Action Agency, Marion and Polk Counties
615 Commercial Street, NE, Salem, Oregon 97301. Call 503-399-9080 or (503) 585-6232
Non-profits support multiple communities. Tenants in Marion County Oregon that need eviction help can get support.

NIMPACT NeighborImpact Crook, Deschutes and Jefferson Counties
2303 SW First Street, Redmond, OR 97756. Call (541) 548-2380 or (541) 548-2380
Counselors can provide information on solutions to stop an eviction or where to turn to for financial help.

ORCCA Oregon Coast Community Action - Coos and Curry Counties
1855 Thomas Street, Coos Bay, OR 97420. Phone (541) 435-7080





UCAN United Community Action Network of Josephine and Douglas Counties
280 Kenneth Ford Drive, Roseburg, OR 97470. Call (541) 672-3421
A second site is at 201 NE 8th Street, Grants Pass, OR 97526, (541) 956-4050

YCAP Yamhill Community Action Partnership
1317 NE Dustin Court., McMinnville, OR 97128. Main phone - (503) 472-0457

OHDC Oregon Human Development Corporation, Statewide farm worker organization
9600 SW Oak Street, Tigard, OR 97223. Call (503) 245-2600


Related Content From


By Jon McNamara














Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site