Assistance programs Douglas County Georgia.
Find financial assistance for low income families for paying electric bills, rent, and preventing a foreclosure in Douglas County. Or get free stuff including food, clothes, or gas as well as social services in the Douglasville area. Get support from charities, churches, and government assistance programs, and locate financial help near you in Douglas County GA.
Whether it is free school supplies, emergency cash in a crisis, loans for paying bills, or moving deposit help, resources are available. There is free food is from pantries or there is help from healthcare clinics. Other assistance includes seasonal goods like free Christmas toys or meals, gas vouchers or energy bill help in the fall and winter.
Financial help for bills, housing, food and medical care in Douglas County
The Salvation Army - Douglas County Service Unit, is one of the agencies that may offer the most extensive amount of immediate financial help. They can also refer people to charities, both at the local, state, and federal government levels. The primary goal of the Salvation Army is to provide emergency financial assistance to people with no money and low-income families who are in a crisis situation. Or find other places to get emergency cash needed today.
- They provide support in the areas of rent help, free food, clothing, lodging, as well as utility and cooling bill assistance. There is also counseling and referrals to other comprehensive crisis centers, as those locations will direct tenants to help with rent near you.
Salvation Army in Douglas County GA will also offer grant money for Gas and Utility Bill Payment Assistance or free Prescription Medications. There is also Mortgage, lot rent, Housing Payment Assistance as well as many other programs for the poor, single moms or seniors. Or families with children get get free back to school supplies, holiday meals, or Christmas toys from Angel Tree. Call (770) 724-1640, or more details on the Douglas County Salvation Army.
Another non-profit that services Douglas County is the local community action agency, the Tallatoona Community Action Partnership, Inc. Call them at (770) 943-5085 or (770) 949-6339. This agency offers counseling, case management, debt help and other financial aid. In addition, they may also well offer limited financial assistance to those with special needs, such as low income, the elderly, and disabled.
- The community action agency also offers Utilities and Emergency Services to low-income families. There is grant money from such programs as the Corporate Family Assistance Gas Program. Or disabled Douglas County GA, seniors and the poor will apply for LIHEAP heating and cooling bill programs. Also get limited help for paying water bills. All aid distributed depends on available funding.
- Budgeting and debt relief is offered. They help with credit card bills, arrange workshops for bankruptcy filing, and car loan payment help, including for rollovers and negative equity on an auto. Learn more on rolling over negative equity car loan.
The Tallatoona Community Action Partnership, Inc. also offers the federal government created Emergency Food and Shelter Program, which will assist income eligible low income households in emergency or crisis situations. There will be free baby formula, Boost for seniors, cooking classes and other hunger prevention. Qualified people can get help with rent expenses, utility bills and with food assistance and even possibly a mortgage payment. Dial (770) 943-5085. Continue with Tallatoona Community Action Partnership programs.
Douglasville Georgia based Good Samaritan Center also offers numerous immediate financial assistance programs and resources. The services they provide will help residents of Douglas County and the Douglasville area only.
- Another option is the Good Samaritan Health and Wellness Center. The clinic provides free basic medical and dental care. It is located at 101 Katherine Court, Douglasville, GA 30134. The clinic offers free medical, eye exams, check ups and dental care such as extractions or teeth cleanings to the low-income and uninsured. Call (770) 949-1500 for further details, or look here for free government health insurance in GA.
The charity will assist food stamps recipients or people with an EBT card. There is also support for the low income that live in the community, and the agency will help clients that reside in subsidized housing. They offer access to Food Pantries, Prescription Drug Expense Assistance, Water, Electric, and Gas Bill Assistance Programs. The location is 8366 Grady St, Douglasville, GA 30134. Call them at (770) 949-7335, or read Good Samaritan Center Douglas County assistance.
Concerted Services, Inc., which is part of Douglas County Service Center. The goal of this non-profit agency is to provide low income families and individuals with opportunities. The objective is to help people become more self-sufficient over the long term. Programs offered include, but are not limited to, Disability Related Transportation, Job Search/Placement, free Food, Head Start day care for kids, and Clothing.
They have information on a number of government and public aid programs. As clients will get help appying for Medicaid and other benefits. The location is 1115 W. Baker Hwy., Douglas, Georgia 31533, main number is (912) 384-3700. Or click here for information on public assistance in Georgia.
Life Tools Community Development Corporation offers a free, emergency food pantry to the needy. Baby formula, ensure for seniors, paper products, and even hygiene supplies may be passed out. Phone number is (770) 217-0729. The location is 9633 GA-5, Douglasville, GA 30135.
Douglas County Ninth District Opportunity is another source for information. The non-profit community agency may have referrals to emergency grants for paying security deposits, energy bills or rent. Other services include a free food pantry for the low-income as well as information on government benefits.
Examples may be child care vouchers in Georgia or SNAP food stamps, among others. Job placement and additional resources, such as budgeting workshops, are coordinated too. Click here for more information on Ninth District Opportunity assistance programs.
Community Action for Improvement works with clients to help them break the cycle of poverty. Some of what is available includes case management, referrals, and educational programs such as Head Start. They also assist with various job training programs in Georgia, help people start a business or side gig, and go over using technology to save or make money.
While more limited, some financial support may be available for housing type needs such as rent, food/nutrition or energy bills. The process needs to begin at your local Douglas County Social Service Center with applications. Community Action works with the county on these resources. More on services from Community Action for Improvement.
Free food programs - Almost 15 different pantries as well as soup kitchens operate in Douglas County. While there are no guarantees to receiving assistance from the centers, when possible the locations will help. Free food as well as holiday meals, Thanksgiving turkeys or even clothing are for low income families and people that are struggling. Find more information on free food pantries in Douglas County.
Douglas County loans can be used for paying bills. They are for emergencies, last resort only. Everything from home equity to check cashing stores, payday lenders, credit unions, and other options are out there. Find emergency loans in the Atlanta area.
Free medical or dental care as well as medications is available in the region. There are both community clinics for direct care as well as specialists that help people find the best health insurance plan. Assistance is for the low income, underinsured, seniors, and others. Find agencies and programs for free health care.
Rent, security deposit, and short term/transitional housing resources are available for the homeless, single parents and struggling tenants (among others). Financial aid can be provided by charities or the government. Or there are homeless shelters, grant money to pay rental arrears and other support. More on rental assistance Douglas County.
Douglas County Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS) provides application to government benefits. TANF will help people with basic needs and bills while SNAP food stamps help low-income families buy groceries. Or apply free free government insurance from Medicaid and childcare subsidies. The office is at 8473 Duralee Lane, Douglasville, GA 30134, or dial (770) 489-3000
Housing, bankruptcy, foreclosure and free debt counseling
There is free debt help, mortgage relief, and money management programs in Douglas County GA. For homeowners facing a foreclosure, struggling with their mortgage, or who may be drowning in debt (credit card, medical, car loan, etc) Consumer Credit Counseling Services of West Georgia and East Alabama provides help.
- The Douglas County branch, is a non-profit that offers numerous programs. This non-profit agency provides debtors and borrowers with consumer education, debt reduction assistance, credit repair, and help with payday loans. There is also information on fair credit practices as well as budgeting or title loan help. Read more on title loan forgiveness program.
- Other services are offered too. They include homeowner/home purchase counseling. Staff give free advice on filing bankruptcy or help with the process. Or get access to free HUD counseling agencies, and foreclosure help. They also help Douglas County families get relief from predatory lenders, including car title as well as payday loans. the goal is to break the cycle. Or find information on help with car title loans.
Other services from the non-profit include access to low income home loans, mortgage company complaints, as well as personal financial management for all residents. There are also workshops relating to consumer and debt issues, and predatory lending awareness programs. Call the agency at (706) 666-5070 or (800) 251-2227,
There are other options for free or low cost credit counseling, debt reduction, or foreclosure assistance. Find other regional options, including Atlanta free credit counseling agencies.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com