Union Plus health care savings and programs.
If you are a member of a union or organized labor, Union Plus programs can help you save on health care expenses. There are involved in administering many resources for prescription drugs, affordable health insurance policies, and can often help members save money on medical bills. The organization partners with thousands of participating health providers and doctors offices in your area. There are a variety of programs available to choose from. Over 5 million members currently use these plans.
Some of the assistance that you can find includes the following. However Union Plus may be able to provide other support as well, including referrals.
· Free prescription drug card which helps members save at participating pharmacies. Tens of thousands of drug stores, supermarkets and other organizations partner with Union Plus to offer savings on medications. It can help individuals save up to 40% on generics as well as name brand medications. Find additional ways to get free prescription drugs.
· Standard health care program - Will help union members save on various expenses including prescription drugs, vision care, hearing care and more. Union Plus also offers support for older individuals from the Retiree Health Program and there is also the Working America Health Care Plan.
· A premium Union Plus plan- This program includes everything in the standard program referenced above, plus members will receive dental care discounts from Union Plus. The amount that the patient needs to pay for their medical bills will vary based on many factors.
· Premium Plus - This Union Plus plan includes all the benefits indicated in the programs above. In addition to those, members will also receive physician and hospital care discounts. There may also be free telephone consultations with doctors.
The various health care plans provide discounts and savings at thousands of health care providers across the nation for a wide variety of medical services. The amount and range of health care discounts will vary depending on the type of provider used and the health care service needed. So the amount of money saved will change from person to person.
Union members who use these plans are still obligated to pay for all health care services and medical bills but they will receive a discount. There will be an adjustment made to their bills from those doctors, hospital and health care providers who have contracted with the discount medical plan organization.
Free prescription drug card for Union Members
Union Plus members will save an average of 15% off brand name drugs and up to 40% off generic drugs at over 55,000 pharmacies across the country, including Safeway, Rite Aid, Target, Walgreens and many more. Even better yet, you can experience even greater savings on your medications when you choose to have convenient, moneysaving mail-order prescription drugs and medicines delivered right to your door in a timely fashion. The card can also be used by immediate family members of the Labor Union employee.
Other Union Plus programs:
In addition to saving on health care, labor union members can also receive discounted heating oil as well as mortgage assistance. Combining these programs will often allow a Labor Union member to save thousands of dollars per year on their everyday living expenses.
Details on additional Union Plus Health Care Saving Programs
- Doctor and Hospital Features- Members experience savings averaging 20% to 45% on medical services and appointments. Savings will also average 20% to 45% at doctors offices, physicians and hospitals.
- Medical & diabetic supplies- Get savings of up to 20% to 40% off retail prices on disposable medical supplies and devices. Or save 20% to 30% on durable medical supplies and more.
- Nurse hotline- This service is free for labor union members. Participants can receive health care advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by calling a toll free number and speaking to a nurse. Get your immediate questions answered by a well qualified medical professional.
- Dental Care Features- Get dental savings from 20% to 50% off the standard dental bills. There will also be discounts on charges on most dental procedures and related expenses.
- Vision care- Labor union members will save 20% to 40% off the retail price of eye wear and lenses, including exams and contact lenses.
- Ankle and Foot Care- Union Plus members will save 20% to 50% off the normal charges for foot and ankle care services and related health care services.
- Hearing Care- Lastly, but not least, save up to 30% on hearing exams and evaluations. In addition, save approximately 25% on all hearing aids at any HearPO provider across the country.
Referrals to free or low cost health or dental insurance plans - Clients can get support in navigating everything from the Affordable Health Care Act (ACA) to private insurance plans. Much of this is part of the Working America Health Care Union Plus program. This is a collective resource used to try to provide the most savings as possible to families of all income levels. The service will offer information on how to apply for free health insurance policies and many other options.
There is also a Union Plus Medical Bill negotiating service. This is a free service. The client will be put into contact with an advocate who will negotiate discounts, examine a bill for errors, and work with hospitals and providers to reduce a union members debts. All aspects of what a provider may bill a patient is examined by these medical billing advocates.
To learn more about these Union Plus medical programs, or other services they may offer, dial 1-800-472-2005.