Discounted home heating oil from the Union Plus program.
If you are a member of a labor union, you can sign up for a home heating oil discount program. The Union Plus program partners with the organization HEAT USA to provide members with a free or discounted service contract that can help them save money on their winter fuel oil bills. Find how to save money and enroll into this free heating bill savings program for union members below.
The benefit program is free to use and sign up for. The Union Plus Home Heating Oil Discount provides members with a fuel contract from a highly rated local full-service company near them, in their state or city, at a discounted rate. The savings for members can be substantial. Families will save on average $100-$500 per year, or about 15-25 cents per gallon on fuel oil purchases over the course of a year. Of course the exact amount of savings will vary based on the current price of home heating oil, the amount of usage and other factors.
The details of the Home Heating Oil Discount include:
- Participant will receive a certificate for a defined amount of free heating oil upon signing up.
- As indicated above, union members will save each and every year an average of $100-$500 on their home heating bills. The savings occur every year. It is equivalent to up to 25 cents per gallon.
- Members will also receive up to $10 off the first year's membership fee. Members of a union will pay about $15 for the membership, instead of the regular $25 annual home heating oil membership fee.
- Get access to the largest local dealer network of any home heating oil cooperative. Union Plus and Heat Use work with a network of heating oil drivers, companies and providers.
- In addition, a free or discounted home heating oil service contract is available with membership to the program. It covers a 24-hour emergency service and annual cleaning and tune-up of the clients heating unit.
Who is eligible?
Most individuals and families that live in the northeast or midwest can sign up. Those union members who heat their homes with heating oil and live in Connecticut, the Boston Massachusetts area, Maryland, Ohio, New York, southern New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Michigan Rhode Island or the northern Virginia area can sign up for the Union Plus Home Heating Oil Discount program.
In general the free discount program is for people that live in cold weather states and that use heating oil for their home. Union members can also get mortgage help from Union Plus.
Other benefits and applying
If you sign up for the program today, you will also get a rebate for the purchase of new, energy-efficient home heating equipment such as burner units or boilers. There are other free energy conservation measures for union members, grants for utility bills from Union Plus and more.
Contact Heat USA at 1-800-660-0691 to learn more or apply for the program. After you join the heating oil program, you will be matched with the preferred heating supplier in your area. After that initial call, you will need to contact your local dealer directly to sign up for the reduced rate contract and to begin the service.