Rent help in Arapahoe County Colorado.
Find how to get help with paying rent in Arapahoe County Colorado. Hundreds of low income families and individuals will usually receive some form of assistance from the agencies listed below. While funds are limited, and qualifications need to be met by applicants, the agencies will do what they can to assist those in an emergency, especially families facing an eviction. Apply for financial assistance to pay rent, security deposits, and other housing costs.
While the agencies will focus on providing help to prevent homelessness, in some cases people may just not be able to afford their current home or apartment. For those individuals the Aurora and Littleton organizations will try to help people move to more affordable locations. In these cases, money for paying first month’s rent or moving deposits may be offered for people moving.
The Salvation Army has a few locations around Arapahoe County, including in Littleton. The charity can provide emergency assistance, including limited amounts of rent and/or energy bill assistance. Some of the services exclude the Aurora area. Dial (303) 290-9043.
Church of Souls is part of Saint Vincent de Paul. Applicants need to call first to see if they have funds and also if qualifications are met. The church can offer very limited amounts of financial assistance for paying rent, housing, medications, and even water bills. Only low income families and individuals in zip code 80120 are covered by the housing programs. Telephone number is (303) 789-0007.
Arapahoe County Department of Human Services may be able to help people with an imminent eviction or court summons. Basically applicants need to be on the verge of eviction and/or homelessness. Emergency rent help is only offered once using a cash grant.
The financial aid is also very short term, and people will need to be able to pay the following month's rent after receiving help from the county. The human service department will pay around $100 at most. 14980 E Alameda Dr, Aurora, Colorado 80012, phone (303) 636-1170
Arapahoe County Community Support Services Division Aurora – Qualified people in need can receive rental assistance when funding is available. A focus is on disabled and seniors in the region. Applicants for housing programs will need to meet all eligibility requirements for assistance. Cash provided is very limited and is only offered to cover at most $100 of the money that is owed for rent or deposits. Call (303) 636-1170
Inter-Faith Community Services, which can be reached at (303) 789-0501, also offers Financial Assistance as funding allows. When resources are low, no-interest loans may be issued for rent arrears. This non-profit can provide limited amounts of emergency rental assistance for general expenses. They cover the western portion of Arapahoe County Colorado.
Housing Authorities are available in Aurora as well as the City of Littleton. These non-profit organizations offer a number of programs and solutions for renters, first time homebuyers, and others. For example, low income housing for seniors, families with children, and the disabled can be arranged. Resources include federal government section 8 housing vouchers as well as counseling and grants for first time home buyers. SMO, or South Metro Housing, can be reached at 303-794-9608.
BAC only helps residents of Littleton. Grants may be issued to help with back rent for tenants with an eviction letter, or in some cases, funds are issued for utility or rental deposits. Phone - 303-893-4108.
Find eviction help and rapid rehousing programs in the county. The programs include motel vouchers from human services to emergency rental or heating bill assistance. Non-profits also provide money for paying security deposits, affordable legal aid or subsidized apartments as a form of rent help in Arapahoe County. More on homeless prevention.
Arapahoe Colorado Legal Services (dial (303) 837-1313) and Legal Aid Foundation (phone (303) 863-9544) are both options for very low income families, the disabled, and elderly. Clients can learn about fair housing laws, their rights regarding unpaid rent/evictions, and other housing matters.
Additional Arapahoe County Colorado housing and rent programs
- Comitis, Aurora, Co., (303) 343-9890
- Littleton Housing Authority, 5745 S. Bannock, Littleton, CO 80120, telephone (303) 794-9608
- Inter-Faith Community Services, Englewood, Colorado, (303) 789-0501
- Jewish Family Service administers rent assistance to prevent homelessness, regardless of religion or background.
- Arapahoe County Community Support Services Division Littleton, phone number (303) 636-1170
- Salvation Army, Englewood, Colorado – Administers assistance programs including rent, utility and prescription assistance.
- Family & Senior homeless initiative can pay for first months rent. Call 303.313.2440
- Salvation Army Family Services is yet another branch of the Salvation Army. Dial 303.295.3366
Shelters and transitional housing can be provided by the following:
- Den Homeless Outreach Collaborative, dial 303.285.5258
- Comitis Crisis Center 303.343.9890
- Denver Rescue Mission, telephone number 303.313.2443
- Samaritan House 303.294.0241
- Brandon Center (shelter for women/kids), dial 303.620.9190
- Sacred Heart House (Women/kids), call 303.296.6687
- New Beginnings (single mothers) 1.800.720.6667
- Urban Peak (15-24yrs old), dial 303.777.9198
- Gathering Place (day, women/kids) phone number is 303.321.4198