latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Local programs - Search

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Car Payment Assistance

How to Save Money

Help with Medical Bills



Rental assistance in Arapahoe County Colorado.

Find how to get help with paying rent in Arapahoe County, including Centennial, Littleton and Aurora CO. Churches, charities or government programs help low-income families and tenants. There rental assistance programs or funds for paying a security deposit, though qualifications need to be met by applicants. Or get free legal aid for tenants a lawyer, motel or section 8 vouchers and more. Locate Arapahoe County rent assistance programs near you below, as well as other financial resources.

While the agencies will focus on providing help to prevent homelessness, in some cases people may just not be able to afford their current home or apartment. For those individuals the Aurora County organizations will try to help people move to more affordable locations as well as pay rifts months rent or a utility deposit. Or find low-income, no wait list housing or apartments, free motel vouchers or other resources for low-income families in the region.

Organizations that help with rent payments in Arapahoe County CO

The Salvation Army has a few locations around Arapahoe County, including in Littleton Colorado as well las Centennial. The charity can provide emergency assistance, including limited amounts of rent and/or energy bill assistance. There are free hotel vouchers, transitional housing, and other help for the homeless. Some of the services exclude the Aurora area. Dial (303) 779-9662 or (303) 290-9043, and the address is 3900 E Arapahoe Rd, Centennial, CO 80122. More on rental assistance from Salvation Army Arapahoe County.

Church of Souls is part of Saint Vincent de Paul, which tries to provide immediate rent assistance Applicants need to call first to see if they have funds and also if qualifications are met, and the address is 4950 S Logan St, Englewood, CO 80113. The church can offer very limited amounts of financial assistance for paying rent, housing, furniture for low-income tenants and even water bills. Only low income families and individuals in zip code 80120 are covered by the housing programs. Telephone number is (303) 789-0007.

Arapahoe County Department of Human Services may be able to help people with an imminent eviction or court summons. Basically applicants need to be on the verge of eviction and/or homelessness. Emergency rent help or a government grant is only offered once. A focus is on seniors, disabled people and single moms who need funds for back rent.




The financial aid is also very short term, and people will need to be able to pay the following month's rent after receiving help from the county. The human service department will pay around $100 at most. The address is 14980 E Alameda Dr, Aurora, Colorado 80012, phone (303) 636-1170

  • Arapahoe County Community Support Services Division Aurora – Qualified people in need can receive rental assistance when funding is available. A focus is on disabled and seniors in the region. Applicants for housing programs will need to meet all eligibility requirements for assistance. Cash provided is very limited and is only offered to cover at most $100 of the money that is owed for rent or deposits. Call (303) 636-1170.

Inter-Faith Community Services, which can be reached at (303) 789-0501, also offers Financial Assistance as funding allows. When resources are low, no-interest loans may be issued for rent arrears or a security deposit payment. This non-profit can provide limited amounts of emergency rental assistance for general expenses. They cover the western portion of Arapahoe County Colorado from 3370 S Irving St, Englewood, CO 80110.

Housing Authorities are available in Aurora County. These non-profit organizations offer a number of programs, including section 8. There are housing solutions for renters, first time homebuyers, and others. For example, low income no wait list housing for seniors, families with children, and the disabled can be arranged. Resources include federal government section 8 housing vouchers as well as counseling and grants for first time home buyers.

  • SMO, or South Metro Housing, can be reached at 5808 S Rapp St Ste 100, Littleton, CO 80120. Call 303-794-9608.
  • Another office is at 5745 S Bannock St, Littleton, CO 80120. Call (303) 794-9608
  • 111 West St STE 1, Englewood, NJ 07631. Call (201) 871-3451

Find eviction help and rapid rehousing programs in the county. The programs include motel vouchers from human services to emergency rental or heating bill assistance. Non-profits also provide money for paying security deposits, affordable legal aid or subsidized apartments as a form of rent help in Arapahoe County. More on Arapahoe County rapid rehousing and homeless prevention.





Arapahoe Colorado Legal Services (dial (303) 837-1313) and Legal Aid Foundation (phone (303) 863-9544) are both options for very low income families, the disabled, and elderly. Free lawyers, including volunteer and pro-bono, help tenants with an eviction. Clients can learn about fair housing laws, their rights regarding unpaid rent/evictions, and other housing matters.

Family Promise only helps families with kids, including single moms or dads, pay their rent if they are close to eviction. The non-profit is at 1600 N Downing St, Denver, CO 80218. Phone (303) 675-0713. There is also assistance for disabled kids in Arapahoe County with housing.

Comitis Crisis Center has limited financial help and referrals. Clients can learn about local rent assistance programs, churches that help the unemployed and other resources. Call (303) 343-9890, and the address is 9088 Marshall Ct, Westminster, CO 80031.

Vivent Health only assists people with HIV and/or AIDs. Affordable housing, money for rent or utility costs, deposit assistance and more is offered. They are a regional agency, and call (303) 393-8050.

BAC only helps residents of Littleton. Grants may be issued to help with back rent for tenants with an eviction letter, or in some cases, funds are issued for utility or rental deposits. Phone - 303-893-4108.

Additional housing solutions, including a homeless shelter or transitional housing can be provided by the following: Charities include Samaritan House (dial 303.294.0241); New Beginnings (single mothers only call 1.800.720.6667) or the rescue mission (phone (303) 297-1815). Once stable, referrals are giving to rent deposit or moving programs.


Related Content From


By Jon McNamara











Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page