Raleigh County West Virginia assistance programs.
Low income families can get financial help, free stuff, case management, and debt/credit counseling. Find the churches, charities, and government programs in the city of Beckley below that cover Raleigh County. Everything from grants to pay rent, loans for bills or home repairs, energy and heating bill help, gasoline vouchers, and even free medical or dental care is available.
Raleigh County DHHR is the local government agency that provides access to numerous assistance programs. Call them for more details and information. However some of the services offered may include Emergency Financial Assistance for utility bills and rent or housing expenses; Food Stamps; Prescription Assistance; Heating Bill Assistance; Children's Health Ins. (CHIP); Health and Child Care Referrals, and much more. Call the agency at (304) 256-6930.
Helping Hands of Beckley West Virginia may be able to provide free food, clothing, general assistance, and other household products. Dial (304) 253-3467
Raleigh County Community Action Association, Inc. - The non-profit community action agency offers a number of assistance programs, including those noted here.
- Car repairs - A service known as Action Auto Repair offers full service, low cost high quality auto repair service to everyone in the County of Raleigh. In addition, low income customers may qualify for a 15% discount on their car repair rates after verifying income. Another program to consider is refinancing your car loan. Learn more.
- Housing assistance - The non-profit organization can direct people to assistance programs, charities, and government programs that can provide housing assistance, rent help, and funds for paying utility and energy bills.
- Food - The agency may have information on local pantries, fund raisers, and food drives that take place in Raleigh County. Or apply for government and public aid, such as SNAP food stamps. The non-profit tries to prevent hunger in the community.
- Social services - Case managers from the community action agency try to help families and individuals overcome poverty. So the agency can be a place to contact for information on services such as job training, career counseling, and general case management.
- Homeless prevention - This is available in Raleigh County. Some grants are targeted at veterans, such as from the SSVF program, and other solutions are more wide ranging. The non-profit may have information on housing from the Pine Haven Center, funds for security deposits that are part of federal government resources, and other aid.
Call the Raleigh County Community Action Association, Inc., which is located in Beckley West Virginia, at (304) 252-6396. Many other services are available, and find more details on the community action agency in Raleigh County.
Food for Body and Soul Food Pantry, phone number 304-253-3944, may be able to provide the low income, unemployed, and other who need help with free food and other assistance. Some special holiday meals may be served too, including free Christmas or Thanksgiving Turkeys with all the toppings.
The Raleigh County Salvation Army, which can be reached at 304-253-9541, is always one of the places people should contact. Salvation Army’s branches in all states are always one of the top non-profit agencies to contact. They may occasionally have limited funding for paying expenses such as rent, utility bills, and prescription voucher medications. Many will also have free food, holiday gifts and meals, and thrift stores. At the very least, a counselor at the location can direct you to places to go to for help, if they can’t help themselves. Call them at the number above, or more on Salvation Army programs in Raleigh County.