Assistance programs Raleigh County and Beckley West Virginia
Low income families will get financial help, free stuff, and housing assistance in Raleigh County. Find the churches, charities, and government human resource programs in the Beckley community that help pay rent or utility bills. Or get free stuff including clothes, furniture, or other items such as school supplies. Get financial assistance near you in Raleigh County and Beckley WV.
A number of resources are offered to the low income, seniors and disabled people. Apply for everything from grants to pay rent, loans for bills or home repairs, or electric and heating bill help. Or get free gas vouchers or and even free medical or dental care from Beckley community health centers.
Grants to help with bills from Community Action in Beckley WA area
Raleigh County Community Action Association, Inc. - The non-profit community action agency offers a number of assistance programs, including those noted here. Emergency financial help is combined with long term support around employment, job or career retraining and self-sufficiency.
- Car repairs - A service known as Action Auto Repair offers full service, low cost high quality auto repair service to everyone in the County of Raleigh. Volunteer mechanics and grant money will be used. In addition, low income customers may qualify for a 15% discount on their car repair rates after verifying income.
- Car loan refi - Another program to consider is refinancing your car loan. Raleigh County families, including those with bad credit, can save money on a monthly auto payment. Learn more on car loan refi.
- Housing assistance - The non-profit organization can direct people to assistance programs, charities, and government programs. Local agencies provide housing assistance, rent help, and funds for paying utility or energy bills.
- Food - The agency may have information on local pantries, fund raisers, and free food drives that take place in Raleigh County. Or apply for government and public aid, such as SNAP food stamps. The non-profit tries to prevent hunger in the community.
- Social services - Case managers from the community action agency try to help families and individuals overcome poverty. So the agency can be a place to contact for information on services such as job training, career counseling, and general case management.
- Homeless prevention - This is available in Raleigh County. Some grants are targeted at veterans, such as from the SSVF program, and other solutions are more wide ranging. The non-profit may have information on housing from the Pine Haven Center, funds for security deposits that are part of federal government resources, and other aid.
Call the Raleigh County Community Action Association, Inc., which is located in Beckley West Virginia, at (304) 252-6396. the main address is 111 Willow Lane Beckley, WV 25801. Many other services are available, and find more details on the community action agency in Raleigh County.
Find help for electric bills, food, medical and more in Raleigh County
Raleigh County DHHR is the local government agency that provides access to numerous assistance programs. Call them for more details on social services as well as government benefit programs. However some of the services offered may include Emergency Financial Assistance for utility bills and rent or housing expenses, including applications to LIHEAP.
- There are EBT cards and Food Stamps in Raleigh County for the low-income as well as Prescription Assistance. Or free insurance includes Medicaid, Children's Health Ins. (CHIP); Health and Child Care Referrals, and much more.
- Free substance abuse is provided too. DHHR partners with clinics as well as charities, including Harbor Light. Treatment and other services help people battling an addiction, and more on Free Harbor Lights detox.
There are also benefit programs for disabled people or the elderly. Call the government DHHR agency at (304) 256-6930. The address is 407 Neville St, Beckley, WV 25801.
Helping Hands of Beckley West Virginia may be able to provide free food, clothing, general assistance, and other household products. Free furniture or basic household stuff, including vouchers, can be disbursed. Dial (304) 253-3467. Limited amount of financial help may be provided too, including to stop homelessness or utility disconnection. The address us 106 1st Ave, Beckley, WV 25801.
Hand of God Ministries offers a program known as Food for Body and Soul Food Pantry, phone number 304-253-3944, may be able to provide the low income, unemployed, and other who need help with free food and other assistance. Some special holiday meals may be served too, including free Christmas or Thanksgiving Turkeys with all the toppings. Location is 703 S Kanawha St, Beckley, WV 25801.
The Raleigh County Salvation Army, which can be reached at 304-253-9541, is always one of the places people should contact. Salvation Army’s helps the poor, homeless, low-income and others. They may occasionally have limited funding for paying expenses such as rent, utility bills, and prescription voucher medications.
Many will also have free food, holiday gifts and meals, and thrift stores. Students in Raleigh County WV will get free back to school supplies, backpacks or clothes too. At the very least, a counselor at the location can direct you to places to go to for help, if they can’t help themselves. The address is 312 S Fayette St, Beckley, WV 25801. Call them at the number above, or more on Salvation Army programs in Raleigh County.
Beckley Area Medical Clinic provides free medical, dental and basic health care. There will be physicals, immunizations, basic dental care (including free cleaning or extractions) and other support. The free clinic also has STD checks, OB/GYN for women and other forms of medical care for people with no insurance or money as well as the low-income. The location is Harper Rd Harper Rd, Beckley, WV 25801. Dial (304) 253-4004.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com