Free Christmas and holiday assistance Tucson and Pima County.
Many charities offer free Christmas assistance, gifts, toys and meals in the Tucson Arizona area. Churches, charities, and food banks all try to help low income families during the holidays, in particular those with children or senior members of the household. Find where to get free Christmas gifts, Toys for Tots or Angel Tree, and holiday assistance in Pima County.
While many of the locations will serve meals (both at Thanksgiving or Christmas) or distribute free boxes of food. Some charities will also have small gifts, toys, electronics, clothes, dolls, sporting goods or other presents for children. Like most charities, these Pima County organizations often rely on donations and generosity of the community. So resources are limited, and all families or individuals will not qualify for Christmas help. Some of the main programs in the region include CFB Food Box Sites, Angel Trees, Adopt a Family and more.
For more information on where to turn to for a Christmas or Thanksgiving meal, or a free toys for a child, try a charity or church below. Services are offered in Spanish as well as to immigrants in Pima County. The registration period for many of these Tucson based agencies will usually begin in September to November timeframe.
Paces for free Christmas gifts in Pima County
The Salvation Army
There are multiple social service centers for low-income families, single moms and the less fortunate. They provide free Christmas gifts, toys, games and more. Free Thanksgiving turkey dinners and holiday food baskets are also offered.
The Christmas Angel Toy Distribution program is for children from low income or working poor families under the age of 12. There may also be vouchers to buy toys or free grocery store gift certificates, toys, shoes, and clothing items. This is part of Angel Tree. Free Thanksgiving turkey meals are offered too. The homebound, such as seniors or disabled, may get a hot meal delivered to them. More on Salvation Army holiday assistance Pima County.
- Main address is 1021 N 11th Ave, Tucson, AZ 85705, Call (520) 792-1111. This is where Christmas Angel Toy Distribution is run from.
- 1001 N Richey Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85716, (520) 792-1111
- 555 N La Caņada Dr #101, Green Valley, AZ 85614. Dial (520) 625-3888
The Salvation Army will also hold a dinner as well. There may even be transportation provided to it from the South Tucson's City Hall or other locations. The meal is served at 260 S Church Ave, Tucson Convention Center, Tucson, AZ 85701, dial (520) 795-9671.
Temporary Emergency Food Assistance Program
Address is 3003 S Country Club Rd, Tucson, AZ 85713. Main phone number is (520) 622-0525
Offers short term food, groceries, and related items. There are also some special holiday or Christmas programs held.
Grace St. Paul's Episcopal Church
Location is 2331 E Adams St, Tucson, Arizona 85719. Call (520) 327-6857
A food pantry and clothing closet support Pima County. Free groceries, small gifts for kids, stocking stuffers and other goods.
Society of Saint Vincent de Paul Society of Pima County
Various churches participate, and referrals are offered. Whether financial aid or clothes, or free food (for Easter, Thanksgiving or Christmas), help is offered. There may be Christmas gifts like books games, bikes, and more for free or a low cost. More on Pima County assistance programs SVDP.
Gospel Rescue Mission Community
Location is 4550 S. Palo Verde Rd., Tucson, AZ 85714. Call (520) 740-1501
The program from the charity is known as Street Banquet Holiday Meals. The location provides a free, annual Thanksgiving dinner. Other programs distribute annual Christmas dinners and hold holiday parties. What may be distributed includes toys for youth age 14 and younger on a first-come, first-served basis. The homeless in Tucson and unemployed can get holiday help too
Pio Decimo Emergency and Basic Needs Program
Clothing bank address is 848 S 7th Ave, Tucson, Arizona 85701. Telephone number is ((520) 622-2801
A focus is on immigrants, Mexican, and Latino culture. Free cultural holiday meals, meat, clothes, toys, and free gift certificates for shopping at Christmas may all be offered. Thanksgiving meals with turkeys and the toppings are held. Some seniors or disabled in Pima County may get items delivered to their home. . The non-profit also has Christmas toys, meals, food boxes, and other items.
There are a number of Community Food Banks in the region. Most of the will provide some type of special holiday box of food or gift basket to low income families or the poor. It may contain a ham, turkey, or similar Thanksgiving or Christmas supplies. The leading places to contact are below.
- Sahuarita Community Food Bank, 250 E Continental Rd, Green Valley, AZ 85614, dial (520) 625-5252
- Free community pantry at 11734 W Grier Rd, Marana, AZ 85653, (520) 682-3001
- Amado Community Food Bank, 28720 S Nogales Hwy, Amado, AZ 85645, (520) 398-2942
- Caring Ministries, 820 W Calle Sur, Tucson, Arizona 85705. For information on Christmas, Thanksgiving and holiday aid, dial (520) 882-2645
- Canyon Del Oro Assembly Of God, 2950 W Lambert Ln, Tucson, AZ 85742, telephone number is (520) 742-1168
- Good Shepherd United Church of Christ Christmas food box is distributed from 17750 S La Canada Dr, Sahuarita, AZ 85629. Call (520) 625-1375
- Gospel Rescue Mission. Address is 326 W 28th St, Tucson, AZ 85713. Main number is (520) 740-1501
- Primavera Works Community Action - 151 W 40th St, Tucson, Arizona 8571. Call (520) 882-9668
- Saint Monica Catholic Church, 212 W Medina Rd, Tucson, AZ 85756. Main number is 520) 294-2694 or (520) 741-1230
- Saint Paul's United Methodist Church, 8051 E Broadway Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85710. Call (520) 296-1927
- Tucson House, 1501 N Oracle Rd, Tucson, AZ 85705, dial the location at (520) 622-0525
Interfaith Community Services - Gifts of Love
Multiple centers from ICS (Interfaith Community Services) match donors with needs families, including at Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. The locations are below. It is an Adopt a Family program.
Meals, small gifts for children, and other holiday aid is offered. They help the less fortunate, including immigrants, migrants, and the poor. Free Easter, Thanksgiving or Christmas food or meals. There are also toys, gifts, free Christmas presents as well as gift cards.
- 2820 West Ina Road, Tucson, AZ 8574. The program is run by Rincon Congregational United Church of Christ. Call (520) 297-6049
- 8701 East Old Spanish Trail, Tucson, AZ 85710, call (520) 731-3076
- 101 West Irvington Road Suite 2A, Tucson, AZ 85706, phone (520) 297-6049
Catalina Community Services - Impact of Southern Arizona
The non-profit is at 3535 E Hawser St, Tucson, AZ 85739. Phone - (520) 825-0009
A number of assistance programs and social services are offered, including free Christmas gifts, holiday events and financial help. The working poor, elderly, single moms and others can get assistance. Free groceries (Easter, Thanksgiving or Christmas) as well as food boxes are offered too.
Christ Community Church
Main address is 530 S Pantano Rd, Tucson, Arizona 85710. For information, call (520) 296-8501
Christmas gifts, toys, games, books and other items may be offered along with meals. Seniors, single parents and the underemployed can get assistance during the holidays.
Toys for Tots of Pima County
This is run by the USMC and various churches as well as charities. They give kids free Christmas gifts, books, toys, presents, video games and other items. There may be Barbie dolls for girls, Hot Wheel cars, arts and crafts, video or educational games and other free gifts. Boys and girls from low income families, migrant or Spanish speakers and others can get help. Dial 211, or apply https://tucson-az.toysfortots.org/local-coordinator-sites/lco-sites/request-toys.aspx.
Agape Christian Fellowship
The address is 5450 S Park Ave, Tucson, AZ 85706. Call (520) 481-5450
Free Christmas help, including applications to Toys for tots for kids from age 0 to 14, are offered. The charity helps people regardless of their faith, religion, or documentation states. Free groceries, hams or turkeys, small Xmas fits and other resources are offered.
GATE Outreach Ministries
Address is 4520 E 16th St, Tucson, AZ 85711. Phone (520) 308-2457
Low-income families can get help.
Additional free Christmas toys and gifts
The following charities also try to provide holiday assistance most years. Free Christmas gifts or candy/stocking stuffers for kids. Get books, meals for immigrants or migrant workers in Pima County, and more. The homebound can also get free meals delivered.
- Healing Grace Christian Church - Location is 30 W 37th St, Tucson, AZ 85713. Call (520) 312-9316
- Familias En Amistad - Location is 3255 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719. Phone - (520) 661-3638
Tucson United Way
Get referrals to Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas programs. Free food, groceries, clothes, toys (including at Christmas or for a birthday) and more is offered. There are also details on free gift cards, Christmas Tree programs and more. Call 211 or (520) 903-9000.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com