Palm Beach County area rent assistance.
If you need help with paying your rent in Palm Beach Florida, find programs and resources that offer money that may be used for rental assistance. Some local churches or charity agencies will also offer support in locating permanent housing, including offering funds for a security deposit. A large number of organizations, churches and agencies can provide emergency rent help to the low income, elderly, disabled, and unemployed in the greater Palm Beach County Florida area.
In addition to the rent programs, get information on shelters and so called temporary or transitional housing. Some of these resources have stricter criteria, such as they may be focused on women, single parents or families with children, but there may be other options for residents who need help.
The West Palm Beach area and the entire greater county in Florida has been hit hard by the weak economy. Due to this, various non-profits, charities, and government programs provide extensive rental assistance, eviction prevention services, and help for paying other housing expenses.
Palm Beach County Human Services – Multiple locations and offices are around the county. After a comprehensive assessment is provided to applicants, you may qualify for one of their options, including Self-Sufficiency Services, Emergency Cash Grants, or Intervention. Examples of services provided include rent payments and other aid.
- Belle Glade, Florida, phone (561) 996-1630.
- Delray Beach, FL 33444. Call (561) 274-3130
- Riviera Beach, Florida 33404. Phone number (561) 845-4644
Urban League Emergency Food & Shelter Program – If you are faced with eviction, this non-profit may offer emergency financial assistance for those expenses and other needs. Clients may get help with paying their rent from a loan or other sources. Also, job training, case management and additional self-sufficiency is administered as well. (561) 833-1461
Assistance Community Caring Center of Boynton Beach, Florida (telephone (561) 364-9501) can offer shelter for up to 2 days. There is also up to $450 maximum provided for rental assistance, food, medication, and other resources.
Legal Aid Society (phone (561) 655-8944) also can assist low income and disadvantaged individuals in the county. They may have referrals to housing programs, including legal aid for foreclosure, evictions, discriminatory housing and rental disputes.
Care Ministry has limited funds for qualified Palm Beach County residents. They may assist by issuing loans for a partial rent payment, offer security deposit assistance, and programs for other housing needs. Homeless prevention is always a focus. (561) 962-6000
Ruth Rales Jewish Family Service – Regardless of religion and background, the center can offer a wide variety of other services. They deal with emergency needs, housing and health related issues, including direct financial assistance for rent. (561) 852-3333
St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church – Minimal funds for paying bills and housing expenses. Boca Raton, FL 33432. (561) 392-0007
Palm Beach County Housing Authority - The center also runs the section 8 voucher program for the region, however there is almost always a waiting list or the enrollment period may be closed. (561) 684-2160.
PBC Division of Human and Veteran Services has two main centers. There may be emergency rent assistance provided as well as self-sufficiency. Government grants can be used for this, and clients can also learn about low income housing or apartments. Call for information or referrals to rent help.
- 225 S. Congress Avenue, Delray Beach, FL 33444, (561) 274-3130
- North County Office is at 1440 Martin Luther King Boulevard, Riviera Beach, Florida 33404, dial (561) 694-7450
First Stop Veterans' Resource Center offers wrap around housing services. Veterans and families can apply for government grants for paying their rent, rehousing, mortgage help, and VA benefits. Homeless military members can get help with paying rental or utility deposits as well as free vouchers for a motel room for a night or so. The location is 3175 S Congress Avenue, Palm Springs, Florida 33461. Dial (561) 968-1612.
Homeless prevention and rehousing is a government supported program. Based on the Palm Beach County residents need, it may provide cash grants for rent expenses, energy bills, or legal aid. The homeless in the area can apply for support including transitional housing, security or rental deposits, and occasional motel vouchers as well to get them off the streets. More on Palm Beach County eviction assistance.
Additional Palm Beach County rent assistance
The following non-profits can assist with housing expenses, rent, and/or bills. Families can access shelter placement, free food, or permanent housing placement assistance. There may be funds to pay for first month’s rent, security deposits, or utility payments. Staff will also generally offer information local resources, advocacy and referral.
- Catholic Charities (561) 842-2406
- Adopt-a-family (Rent/Mortgage and Utilities) (561) 434-4960
- Project Up Life (561) 842-4338
- Riviera Beach – office & store: 845-0562…W Palm Beach – office & store (561) 844-8893
- Palm Bch Gardens/Military – St Ignatius Outreach (561) 627-7478
- North Palm Beach – St Paul the Cross (561) 696-1873
- Tequesta – St Jude (561) 743-6127
- SE WPB – Southern Blvd/Dixie Hwy – St Juliana (561) 833-9745
- Lantana – Holy Spirit (East f I95) Wed & Fri 11:00-1:00pm (561) 585-9242
- East Lake Worth – Sacred Heart 561) 845-0562
- West Lake Worth: St Luke (561) 845-0562
- Farmworkers Coordinating Council – Lake Worth (561) 533-7227
- Hispanic Human Resources Council - West Palm Beach (561) 641-7400
- Urban League – West Palm Beach (561) 833-1461
- Community Action – Lake Worth 588-3838 with second location at Riviera Beach (561) 845-4670
- Salvation Army – West Palm Beach 686-3530, another office is at Lake Worth (561) 582-6686
- Human Services – Riviera Beach (561) 848-4644
- Children & Family Services (HRS) WPB 616-1500/LW 963-3000/Riviera Bch 841-2000
- Jewish Family & Children Services - West Palm Beach (561) 684-1991
- West Palm Beach TAC (561) 355-4792
- Homeless prevention: 881-0226
- Safe Harbor West Palm Beach (ages 10-17) 833-2400 or 80-433-0010
- Housing West Palm Beach (561) 684-2160
- Housing Rivera Beach (561) 845-7450
- Gratitude House (Addict & pregnant 18yrs and older) (561) 833-6826
- CARP (Addict & Pregnant 18yrs and older) (561) 844-6400
- AVDA (Delray Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse) (561) 265-2900
- Rock Garden (Riviera Beach)
- Susan B Anthony Recovery Center (954) 733-6068
Families First Of Palm Beach County – They are a local federal government FEMA provider for rent/mortgage assistance and other housing vouchers. The programs are comprehensive in nature. West Palm Beach, Florida, (561) 721-2802
Coalition For Independent Living Options, Inc. – Can only help people with disabilities and only if they have an eviction notice. The rent assistance from the agency can help the disabled supplement what they already receive from SSI. Belle Glade, FL 33430, dial (561) 966-4288
Florida Rural Legal Services can assist with tenant and landlord concerns, including assistance for evictions. Free legal aid and support is offered by pro-bono attorneys for housing matters, security deposit disputes, and more. In West Palm Beach, dial (800) 284-4588 or in Belle Glade, call (561) 993-0003.
Boca Helping Hands – The unemployed and homeless can get assistance from this non-profit, which is funded by local community resources to assist those in need. Limited rental assistance may be offered. Location is 1500 NW 1 Court, Boca Raton, Florida 33432. Phone - (561) 471-0913.
Emergency shelters in Palm Beach
Short-term shelter can be provided by these locations for free or for a small fee:
- Adopt-a-family, Homeless housing – Lake Worth (561) 589-3737, Riviera Beach 845-7771
- Project SAFE – Provides rent assistance to homeless families. The center also is able to provide day care, counseling, parenting classes, and in-home visits (561) 845-7771
- Project SAFE II (561) 588-3737
- Covenant House Florida, Inc. Ft Lauderdale 1-800-683-9119 or (954) 561-5559
- Emergency Financial Assistance for Housing (561) 616-1500
- Women Service Network, Inc. Emergency Services (561) 881-0226
Salvation Army – After verifying need, can offer housing counseling and they operate a referral service. There is also also emergency assistance for such bills as rent. A number of social services and government programs are administered too. They also run the Emergency Food & Shelter Program.
- Lake Worth Salvation Army - (561) 968-8189
- Boca Raton Salvation Army - (561) 391-1344
Center for Family Services Palm Beach County – Families with children may qualify for assistance, including shelter, rent, and case management services. Single moms may also apply for a grant for paying past due rental expenses. Learn about other local Palm Beach area resources too. Wellington, Florida. (561) 616-1222.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul District Council can provide various assistance programs. The church based group may offer financial aid for electric bills, rent arrears, and other expenses. The charity is at 2560 Westgate Avenue, West Palm Beach, Florida 33409, and phone number is (561) 697-9699.
Farmworker Coordinating Council assists migrants and seasonal workers in Palm Beach County. They offer household items and funds for rent to stop an eviction. Educational support and more is available too. Address is 233 West Avenue Belle Glade, FL 33430.
Catholic Charities of Palm Beach County, which is located in Belle Glade, (dial (561) 996-0485) may be able to provide social welfare assistance to those families and individuals in crisis. Get access to limited financial assistance for paying rent, and this is just an example of what is offered.
Under One Roof Ministries, Inc. – Facilitates affordable low income housing in the community. Tequesta, Florida.