Maury County assistance programs.
Find charities, non-profits, and government programs that can help with bills, rent, mortgages and more in Columbia and Maury County Tennessee.
Financial assistance for rent, utilities, mortgage and other aid
Good Samaritan of Maury County - This program provides assistance with rent and housing payments to low income families and individuals in Maury County. They are part of the faith based charity organization that operates across Tennessee. Columbia (931) 388-3840
Columbia Cares - This agency helps those with AID/HIV, and they can provide two services. One is counseling and advice. The other is direct financial assistance for paying expenses, which includes rent/deposits, mortgage payments and/or utility (gas, electric, water bills), and even funds for paying utility deposits. Call (931) 381-0114. Also, click here for additional assistance programs for people with HIV and/or AIDS.
The local Maury County community action agency is South Central Human Resource Agency. This non-profit administers numerous federal and state of Tennessee government assistance programs, and can provide help with the following.
- Emergency assistance and crisis intervention - This service provides cash assistance and grants to families and individuals in emergency situations (such as evictions, utility disconnection, or unexpected medical issues) and includes case management activities to help the family through their financial or personal crisis.
- Emergency Food and Shelter Program - This federal government program helps families experiencing emergencies and in need of assistance with paying their utilities, food, or shelter.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) - This was created to provide financial assistance to elderly handicapped and low-income persons with energy used to heat their homes. The money can help them make it through the winter and deal with a crisis. LIHEAP will provider financial assistance to help offset a portion of the applicants heating and utility costs.
- Food - They distribute food and work with local pantries.
- Referrals - Case managers from SCHRA are a great source of information. The staff have details on various resources that operate in Maury County. Whether a low income families needs to apply for a grant for paying certain bills or security deposit expenses, or if they need applications to food stamps or SSI disability, the agency may be able to help.
Call South Central Human Resource Agency at (931) 433-7182. Various other services are also administered by the non-profit. Read South Central Human Resource Agency programs.
Salvation Army Family Center - Several categories of support are arranged. The charity, which operates as a church, partners with the Family Center and other groups on covering the region. They offer some financial aid, including loans for rent, utility bills, or medications.
Other support is given too. Holiday programs range from Thanksgiving boxes of food to Christmas toys. There are also job placement services, adult literacy classes, and school items. Other programs are run too, and find details on Maury County Salvation Army Family Center.
Maury County DHS is a government run agency that runs programs. Some of the services offered include TANF, medicaid, food stamps, state and federal government health care programs, and other aid. The government office can also address health care needs of families living in poverty by Medicaid or other programs. Columbia Tennessee (931) 380-2552.