Assistance programs Madison County Kentucky.
Get help with paying bills (utility or grocery); free food or clothes; housing assistance (for rent, security deposits or mortgages) and other immediate financial assistance in Madison County. Find the churches, charities, and government benefits from social services in Richmond to apply at for help. Locate financial assistance near you in Madison County KY.
Whether it is a cash grant, or information on free job programs, gas vouchers or a car for work, low-income assistance programs are offered in the Madison County KY community. There are also social services ranging from credit repair to free substance abuse treatment, medical or dental care from clinics and more.
Financial help and grant money from Community Action in Richmond KY
Kentucky River Foothills Development Council, Inc. is a community action agency that is committed to the promise of providing short term assistance to people and changing/improving lives over the long term. The agency offers a comprehensive range of resources and social services for both families, single moms or dads, and individuals. The organization is also referred to as Foothills Community Action Partnership, and you may often here that name. Some of the programs offered include :
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) - This is a federal government funded program that assists low and moderate income consumers with paying their heating as well as energy bills during the winter's coldest months. This federal government assistance program provides annual cash grants to states that operate home energy assistance programs that serve needy households.
If you are qualified or want to learn more, you can apply for emergency hardship assistance to help with your utility costs through one of Foothills Outreach Offices. The Madison KY Community Action urges people dealing with short-term financial difficulties or challenges, senior citizens on fixed incomes, and any low or moderate income persons who may need help paying their winter heating bills to apply for the LIHEAP assistance program.
Grants and benefits provided are limited to the amount of money necessary to relieve the crisis or get the bill paid. In addition, if approved for financial aid, the cash and relief can be provided within 48 hours, or in extreme emergencies, within 18 hours of when the application is approved. Click here to find a listing of more Kentucky energy assistance resources.
- Rental Assistance Program - The Tenant Based Rental Assistance Program will provide qualified individuals and families who are facing an eviction or currently homeless with financial help. The program provides rental assistance, utility bill allowance (if qualifies), security deposit help as well as case management. There will also include free transportation, medical bill assistance, budget/credit classes, educational assistance for stability. Or get crisis heating/cooling bill assistance, help for utility bills, GED preparation and referrals.
- Free Health Care Clinic in Richmond KY - Provides free medical care to the local low-income, people with no insurance as well as homeless population. Find additional ways to get medical bill assistance.
- Weatherization Program - This will help families save money by improving their home's energy efficiency. The goal is to reduce reduce both heating and cooling costs. Community action agency staff will analyze the home's energy efficiency. They may decide to install, for free, additional insulation and weather stripping. Or there is free home repairs for senior citizens or disabled people. Kentucky River Foothills Development Council may also take other measures which will reduce a family's heating and cooling bill while at the same time increasing their comfort level.
- Outreach, free stuff and basic needs are met by the community action agency. This includes emergency assistance when someone is faced with a crisis. Outreach staff and volunteers strive to make sure that each qualified low income family that comes in leaves with basic needs met, whether helping by paying a portion of a past-due utility bill. Or the staff are involved in giving away free groceries or distributing food, or credit counseling and helping people create a budget.
- Senior assistance is offered. This can include meal preparation and home delivered food or transportation to the doctor. There is also help for household chores and grooming, help for running errands, and companionship, including ride to the doctor. Locate free rides for senior citizens.
Contact Foothills Community Action Partnership at 1506 E Irvine St, Richmond, KY 40475 phone number 859/623-6514 to learn about these and other assistance programs.
Free food and emergency assistance for bills or housing in Madison County
Richmond Kentucky Salvation Army - The faith based charity offers guidance, free stuff and more to Madison County families. The non-profit provides clothing vouchers, free food baskets and financial assistance with rent, electric, gas or water bills. There are also free winter coats for kids, motel vouchers as well as school supplies and the Angel Tree Christmas toy program.
The center and its case workers also offer referrals to connect people with other social services, including free or low-cost summer camp, furniture banks as well as substance abuse counseling in Madison County KY. The address is 1675 E. Main St., Richmond, Kentucky 40475, call (859) 624-5826, or learn more on Madison County Kentucky Salvation Army assistance.
Madison County Health Department offers a range of free or low cost, basic preventive health services for adults, the uninsured and children. These medical services are available through their community health centers, public health insurance, and also the diabetes programs. Get immunizations, dental check ups, OB/GYN and other treatment. Patients may need to still pay a portion of their medical bills from sliding fee scales in place. Address is 216 Boggs Lane, Richmond, KY 40475, 859-623-7312
Department for Community Based Services in Madison provides government benefits and public aid, including a Food Stamp application site. There is also information on Medicaid, TANF program, and more. You can apply for these programs there, or get details on them. Also learn about free health care for children. The office is at 304 Anna Hume Blvd, Richmond, KY 40476. Call (855) 306-8959
Rental assistance programs can help low income tenants as well as the working poor. The goal is to both rehouse a homeless person and also pro-actively make a payment to stop an eviction. Everything from security deposit to rent payments, cash grants, energy bill help, free tenant lawyers, and other resources are offered. More on rent help in Madison County.
- Transitional and short term housing can give the homeless a place to stay and offer case management. Support is also for those facing eviction and other low income families. Receive help in the form of a safe, affordable home or apartment to lie in, case management, and other forms of housing assistance in Madison County Kentucky. Read more on free temporary housing in Lexington area.
Free Christmas meals, food and gifts are available to children and low income families during Christmas. The elderly as well as homebound also often get help during this season. Find agencies to call for Thanksgiving as well as Christmas assistance in Madison County. Read Madison County KY holiday assistance.
Community Action Council of Lexington is an option too. The non-profit can help the low income, people facing poverty or unemployed meet their basic needs. Case managers will also partner with clients to help them overcome any challenge. The non-profit is a leading anti-poverty organization in Madison and other counties. Programs include the following.
- Some short term financial assistance may be available or obtain referrals to government grants. For example, get help in applying for the Kentucky Utilities Home Energy Assistance or LIHEAP. Or locate emergency rent or mortgage relief in Madison County KY.
- The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program can help with filing taxes .Community action staff help people find deductions, save money on their federal and state taxes and get credit.
- Free food and groceries may be available as well.
Many other financial assistance programs are offered in Madison County KY to those in need. Or get gas vouchers to get to a job interview or help such as a car repair. Get more details on assistance offered by the council. More on Community Action Council of Lexington.
Free medical and dental care is available as well. Federal government qualified clinics, non-profit hospitals, and volunteer doctors, dentists and staff help low-income families get the care they need. This includes, but is not limited too, free dental, health check ups, family care, and telehealth too. A wide range of services are offered - including to people on Medicaid. Find a free medical clinics near you in KY.
Free food assistance programs in Madison County Kentucky
There are a number of charities that work to feed and clothe low-income families, the elderly and kids. Free food, clothing, holiday meals and gifts are offered by pantries and clothing closets. Get boxes of groceries, hygiene supplies, free holiday food baskets and even a furniture voucher for the low-income. Some centers include:
- St. Thomas Lutheran Church, 1285 Barnes Mill Road, Richmond KY 40475. Call (859) 623-7254
- St. Mark Catholic Church has a free food bank and soup kitchen at 608 W Main St, Richmond, KY 40475. The charity which can be called at 859) 623-9112
- Lexington Road Church of God is in Richmond Kentucky. Dial (859) 624-8323 for hours. A screening process is in place.
- God's Outreach pantry covers the county. Address is 1512 E Main St, Richmond, KY 40475. Dial (859) 623-2220.
- Grace Now is a free food pantry. Get fresh or canned items, paper products, hygiene stuff and other items. The address is 110 S Collins St, Richmond, KY 40475. Call (859) 626-8990
There are other hunger prevention programs offered too. Locate other resources too, including drive thru food pantries in KY.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com