Lycoming County assistance programs.
Find churches, charities, non-profits, and government assistance, all of which may offer financial aid as well as free stuff. Find help with paying rent, mortgages or security deposits. Or get free government grants to pay electric or utility bills, free groceries from food pantries in Lycoming County and find other resources below.
There is also the Lycoming County Assistance Office, which offer cash aid, Medicaid, free daycare from the government and other benefits. There are a number of assistance programs for the low income or struggling households, even free Christmas gifts, food baskets, or school supply programs.
Receive access to foreclosure prevention advice and home repair programs from the Lycoming-Clinton Counties for Community Action. (717) 326-0587.
- Behind on mortgage - If you are facing a default or foreclosure and need so called delinquency counseling, loss mitigation, or if you need help with dealing with a predatory lender or mortgage, the agency can help. Housing counselors will work with lenders or banks on the consumer’s behalf to find a solution to their mortgage problems. Call them today, or learn more about Pennsylvania mortgage programs.
- Home improvements and repairs - As part of the Keystone Renovate & Repair Loan Program, housing staff and counselors will assist homeowners in prioritizing their home repair spending, help them find cash grants to pay for repairs, and aid them so that the work that they get done on their home is what their home really needs to be safe and comfortable.
Medical and health care services
Susquehanna Health - The agency provides home health care care nurses who will visit and help patients achieve medical independence in the comfort of their own homes and provide them with medical care. A nurse will make a visit to assess the patient, teach the what they need to do to improve their health, and monitor patient conditions for their doctor. They provide a variety of medical services. 570-321-1000.
Credit, debt, and budgeting programs
The Lycoming-Clinton Counties for Community Action runs the STEP Outreach program. Clients of the agency can assist customers with developing and maintaining a workable household budget, help them reduce and eliminate credit card and other debts, assist them in enrolling in an affordable utility bill payment program or receive other types of energy and heating assistance. Dial (717) 326-0587 for more credit help.
Social services and emergency financial assistance
American Rescue Workers is a Williamsport based agency that offers various free services, resources, social services, and financial aid to families in need of help. Some of the resources they can offer include:
- Rental assistance - Most years hundreds of families are provided emergency rental assistance to ensure they did not become homeless. The financial aid may be in the form of loans or other sources. This is combined with the rent programs.
- Utility and heating bill help - Hundreds of people receive cash for paying an utility bill. The reason they offer this is that if someone has their service disconnected, they are as good as homeless.
- Food assistance and holiday meals - Over 6,000 families were offered with free food, groceries, and other nutritional supplements.
- General services and help - Last, but not least, last year almost 1,000 Lycoming County families were given articles of beds, clothing, bedding & blankets, dressers, couches, chairs, cribs, tables, and electrical appliances. In addition to those household goods, the agency also offered bus tokens, vouchers for free medical prescriptions, infant care items, diapers, walkers, wheelchairs, canes and many assorted toiletries.
Call American Rescue Workers at (570) 323-8401.
Lycoming Salvation Army - Several resources are available, including emergency financial assistance, case management, free food, and help for seniors. Christmas assistance includes Angel Tree and Toys for Tots as well as free meals.
Family and Social Services can help qualified low income families pay their rent, utility/heating bills and may even provide vouchers for needs such as medications or gasoline. Another service is on helping Lycoming County families get a job and improve their overall financial condition, so case managers will work with clients on these needs. There is also a free back to school supply giveaway for students from K to 12. Read details on Salvation Army assistance in Lycoming.
When it comes to housing needs, low income families can apply for one time rent help and there are also security deposit programs. The state provides assistance from ESA and a number of charities also offer support.
- Shelters can be used by the homeless, including single moms or children.
- Grants are used for paying rent, mortgages, utilities, and other expenses on Lycoming County.
- Other options may include rapid rehousing, legal aid, and financial counseling. More details on Lycoming County rental assistance.
Catholic Charities has a center in Williamsport. Multiple parishes help people regardless of their religion. There is assistance for immigrants, refugees, as well as pregnant women or single mothers. Programs range from free food to hot meals, clothes, help immigrants to get naturalized and more. In some instances, emergency funds may be offered for bills, including rent, heating, or medical. The main office is at 2111 Linn St, Williamsport, PA 17701. Call (570) 322-4220.
Lycoming County Assistance Office is the main location for government benefits. Low income, poverty fighting resources are offered. Get applications for SNAP food stamps or cash aid in Pennsylvania, section 8 vouchers, cash assistance from TANF or Medicaid. There are also unemployment benefit programs as well as elder care services.
Most of the public assistance programs are income based. The amount of aid is based on income and number of family members. Location is 400 Little League Blvd, Williamsport, PA 17701. Call (570) 327-3300.
Williamsport emergency food, groceries, and hot meals - No matter why someone is struggling, if they meet the low income levels, there may be free boxes of food from pantries. There are charities that also offer clothing, household goods, winter attire, and holiday meals too. If a Lycoming County family needs tong term support, then these food banks can help them meet those goals too.
So whether a senior needs to sign up for Meals on Wheels, a resident needs a free box of groceries from a pantry, and other hunger prevention is needed, then find Lycoming County free food pantries.
Mortgage and foreclosure resources
Lycoming County now offers a foreclosure mediation program. This program will allow the homeowner and lender an opportunity to find a solution that will help save their home. Click here to learn more on Williamsport foreclosure mediation.