latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website


Linn and Deschutes County rental assistance.

There are organizations that offer rent assistance in the region, but many of the programs have restrictions. Whether it is a Linn County or Deschutes based agency, they have limited funding and strict application processes. However, those low income families that do qualify may receive everything from help with paying a security deposit or back rent to transitional housing.

When applying for assistance, applicants will need proof of income, identification, and household need. Some of the non-profit will also require the tenant to have an eviction notice before they issue them a grant for their rent, while other agencies will want to assist the family before they get to that point. Also, some groups in Linn County will also provide case management in addition to any short term housing assistance.

Emergency rental assistance is provided by some or all of the following charities and government agencies. A waiting list is often in place. Also, any funds for rent expense will often prioritize seniors and families with children.

Deschutes County Health Services
Address is 2577 NE Courtney Drive
Bend, Oregon 97701
(541) 322-7402
They only assist individuals with HIV or AIDs. Services include rent help, transitional housing, transportation to a new home or apartment, case management, and referrals to charities for furniture or other basic needs. They rely on HUD for grants for this service.

NeighborImpact - Bend
20310 Empire Avenue Suite A100
Bend, OR 97701
Telephone - (541) 318-7506
Based on funding, rental assistance is available for up to 3 months of payment. They may also issue this support in a form of a loan to Linn County tenants. Other assistance is for paying security deposits and job placement.




Molly's Fund Fighting Lupus only provides financial aid to individuals impacted by LUPUS. They partner with churches, including Congregational Church of Christ, on this program. Call (855) 888-2597.

Operation Homefront
Main office - 7014 NE 79th Court
Portland, OR 97218
(877) 264-3968
Rent and utility assistance is for veterans. The agency can also help them apply for VA benefits or medical care. They only help pay expenses, such as rent or utility bills, that are past due, and the goal is to stop an eviction.

Community Services Consortium - CSC Albany Regional Office
250 Broadalbin Avenue Suite 2A
Albany, OR 97321
For information, call (541) 928-6335
Covers Linn County. The homeless can apply for rental or utility deposits. There is also permanent housing for seniors or the disabled. Other support includes legal aid and vouchers for a motel.

Linn and Deschutes Legal Aid
Albany, Oregon 97321
(800) 817-4605
Attorneys can help contest illegal evictions, or provide free advice on housing issues.

Albany Helping Hands Homeless Shelter
Address is 619 SE 9th Avenue
Albany, OR 97322
Call - (541) 926-4036





Neighbor-to-neighbor Mediation
Address is 308 Broadalbin Street
Albany, OR 97321
(541) 223-4189
Free mediation can be arranged between landlords and tenants.

St. Vincent De Paul - Redmond Conference
1610 SW Veterans Way
Redmond, OR 97756
(541) 923-5264
Rent help and support is only for low income families that live in the Redmond School District. One time per year financial aid can help with energy bills, housing needs such as rent, clothing, and more. Any rental assistance is first come and served from this charity.

Bethlehem Inn at 3705 N Highway 97 is a shelter as well as transitional housing location for families with children. It is supports single moms. Clients can also get referrals to community programs, including grant programs, employment, and section 8 vouchers. Call (541) 389-2820.

Central Oregon Veterans Outreach - Home Of The Brave
Bend, Oregon 97701
(541) 382-0015
The shelter helps military members and their families. A case manager helps them access government programs too, or apply for loans. One service, known as SSVF, can help veterans with rent, utilities, and other bills.




By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site