latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



Search the site

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money





Oregon Agency on Aging services.

Community-based care services and information is provided by Area Agencies on Aging offices in Oregon. Senior citizens, the elderly, and older adults are the beneficiaries of the assistance programs and services offered. They often work in close partnership with community action agencies, non-profits, and state and federal government programs.

Free or low cost legal assistance and aid is offered by Area Agencies on Aging in Oregon. The centers will coordinate with local attorneys and non-profit law firms in order to provide this service to qualified seniors and elderly.

The legal assistance programs are targeted for seniors and older adults with a social or economic need, and who meet income limits. Assistance is offered for issues including housing, utilities, age discrimination, health and long term care, income and public benefits, and guardianship actions.

Nutrition programs are offered for seniors and the elderly in Oregon. Receiving healthy food, meals, and similar aid is a key to helping seniors stay independent and healthy. After all, good nutrition can support healthy aging and help prevent chronic diseases and illness.

Nutritious meals can be distributed, at both congregate meal sites and they can also be home-delivered. Other services provided at Agencies on Aging centers can include nutrition screening, education and counseling.

The food assistance program aims to reduce hunger and food insecurity, promote the health and well-being of older individuals, and provide socialization opportunities to senior citizens in Oregon. Many senior centers provide meals, and volunteers will deliver them to people’s homes.

Senior Meals & Nutrition are provided by organizations like Oregon Food Bank, your local church and non-profit agencies like Loaves & Fishes. These various agencies provide thousands of state residents with nutritional assistance. Many even offer home-delivered meals for homebound seniors and also special meals for ethnic minorities. Meals may also be provided around Thanksgiving and Christmas. The Meals-On-Wheels service is offered by many agencies on aging offices.




The Oregon Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) was created from the federal government Older Americans Act. It may be able to place someone into a part time job and help them acquire skills needed for full time employment. The program serves the unemployed and low income, provided they are 55 years old and have poor employment prospects. Receive individual economic self-sufficiency through job placement and training in unsubsidized jobs.

Healthy Aging is offered for seniors and helps them by offering support, encouragement and guidance. The main goal is to help people remain healthy.

It is a known fact that if adults and senior citizens increase their physical activity, practice self-care skills, improve their eating habits and take steps to minimize their risk of falling they can live longer and healthier lives. Oregon has a number of services and communities that provide effective supportive environments and programs that encourage older adults to eat a healthy diet, get regular physical activity and take other steps to reduce the risk of chronic diseases and disability and promote healthy aging.

Housing Counseling and options may be coordinated by Oregon Agency on Aging locations, oftentimes in partnership with other non-profits and local organizations. For many people with disabilities and seniors, finding an affordable and safe place to live is difficult. So the agency may have information on programs such as HUD vouchers, low income housing, and emergency rental and homeless prevention resources.

Many agencies operate around the state. For example, the Housing Authority of Portland, which is now known as Home Forward, owns and operates public housing and apartments for seniors and low-income Multnomah County residents.

One of the main government programs is Section 8 housing, which is a public housing assistance program. Home Forward and other Housing Authorities have information on it. While the program will pay a portion of rent by issuing vouchers, unfortunately there is often a long waiting list.

Medicaid is a federal and state government funded public program that helps people who are legally blind, seniors age 65 and older pay, and people with disabilities pay for a wide range of medical services and bills.

Food Stamps are offered for people of all ages, however low income senior citizens and elderly are some of the key beneficiaries. The Federal government food stamp program helps low-income households buy food and groceries to meet their nutritional needs.

The Oregon Health Plan is offered for people, including seniors, who have been without private health insurance for the last six months.




Medicare is another health insurance program. This one is also paid for by the federal government; however your local Agency on Aging office can help you apply. Seniors age 65 and older and some people with disabilities under age 65 can receive help from this program.

Oregon Senior Helpline can be reached at (503) 988-3646. This service provides 24-hour information and assistance to people with disabilities, seniors and caregivers. Get help with assessing your needs, identifying services to meet those needs, and locate information and details on providers of those services. Learn about programs such as utility bill assistance from LIHEAP, housing and rent assistance, food pantries, and local community clinics.

The agency on aging can direct people to the Helpline. The phone service simplifies access to financial assistance programs and related services. It also offers follow-up and advocacy to ensure needs are met.

Another place people can go to for help and referrals in Oregon are Senior Centers. They are located throughout the state, and they provide information and assistance during their hours of operation.

Home Care Worker Program may be able to help seniors and people with disabilities remain living in their own apartments and homes. The program offers seniors and older adults the opportunity to control the selection of a home care worker and arrange for the assistance they need.

The Oregon Family Caregiver Support Program offers services that can support caregivers, and it may be able to help by taking some of the burden off unpaid caregivers who are caring for someone age 60 or older.  Assistance is also available to seniors age 55 and older who are raising a child.

Health Insurance Counseling and information is provided by the Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance Program (SHIBA). Individuals from the program can provide trained volunteers and help people with Medicare make informed health insurance decisions and find medical bill assistance programs.

Transportation is provided by some centers. Volunteers will offer rides to destinations like a doctor’s appointment, food pantry, or local shopping. Many senior centers, agency on aging and non-profit organizations like Ride Connection provide transportation to qualified homebound individuals.

Oregon Veterans' Services Office will work to ensure that veterans across the state, as well as their families, receive all state and federal government benefits that they are entitled too and deserving of.

Dial 503-463-8692 to get more information on these Oregon agencies.

Locations of agency on aging and senior centers in Oregon

Baker County
Address is 3165 10th Street, Ste 400
Baker City, Oregon 97814
Phone number is 541-523-5846
FAX: 541-524-0441

Community Connection of Northeast Oregon, Inc.
Location is 2810 Cedar Street
Baker City, OR 97814
Dial 541-523-6591

Benton County
Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments
Main address is 1400 Queen Avenue SE, Ste 206
Albany, OR 97322
Dial toll free: 800-638-0510 to learn about programs available for seniors and the elderly.

Clackamas County region is served by the Clackamas Area Agency on Aging
2051 Kaen Road, 1st Floor, PO Box 2950
OR City, OR 97045-0295
FAX number is 503-650-5722





A second location is Canby SPD
Main address 214 SW 2nd
Canby, Oregon 97013-4140
Phone number 503-263-6700 or fax is 503-263-6655

Estacada SPD
320 SW Zobrist St, PO Box 370
Estacada, OR 97023
Phone number is 503-630-4605
FAX: 503-630-5600

Milwaukie SPD
Address: 4382 SE International Way, Ste C
Milwaukie, OR 97222-4627
Phone number 971-673-6600
FAX: 971-673-6637

Oregon City SPD
Location is 221 Molalla Ave, Ste 104
Oregon City, Oregon 97045
Phone number is 971-673-7600

Clatsop County residents should call the agencies below.
Northwest Senior and Disability Services (NWSDS)
2002 SE Chokeberry Road
Warrenton, OR 97146
Phone number is 503-861-4200 or dial toll free 800-442-8614

Columbia County
Area Agency on Aging
Main location is 125 N. 17th St
St Helens, Oregon 97051
Call 503-397-3511

St. Helens SPD
500 N Highway 30, Suite 240
St. Helens, OR 97051-1200

Coos County area agency on aging is located at 93781 Newport Lane
Post Office Box 1118
Coos Bay, OR 97420-4030
Toll-free number is 800-858-5777 or dial 541-269-2013

A second office is at Coquille SPD
341 Second Street
Coquille, Oregon 97423
Call 541-396-7282 for intake or information on programs

North Bend SPD
3030 Broadway
North Bend, OR 97459
Phone number is 541-756-2017




Crook County, Prineville SPD
457 NE Ochoco Plaza Drive, Ste C
Prineville, OR 97754
Phone number is 541-447-4511

Curry County
Area Agency on Aging
Main address: 93781 Newport Lane, PO Box 1118
Coos Bay, OR 97420-4030
Toll free: 800-858-5777 or 541-269-2013

Brookings SPD
Location is 586 5th Street, Suite 200
Brookings, Oregon 97415
Toll free number is 800-419-1371

Gold Beach SPD
Primary 94145 Fifth Place
Gold Beach, OR 97444-1170
Toll free is 800-257-1385

Deschutes County
Central Oregon Council on Aging
Location is 373 NE Greenwood Ave.
Bend, Oregon 97701
Call this number for information 541-678-5483

COG Office
Address is 1135 SW Highland Ave.
Redmond, OR 97756
Phone: 541-548-8817

Bend SPD
Location is 1300 NW Wall St., Suite 102
Bend, OR 97701
Toll free: 800-452-5684 or call 541-388-6240

La Pine SPD
16493 Bluewood Pl, Suite 1, PO Box 98
La Pine OR 97739
Phone number is 541-536-8919

Redmond SPD
Main address of the aging office is 1135 SW Highland
Redmond, Oregon 97756-2650
Phone number is 541-548-2206

Douglas County
Elderly and older adults should call Douglas County Senior Services
621 W. Madrone Street, Room 316, Post Office Box 2189
Roseburg, OR 97470-3093
Toll free number is 800-234-0985

West Office is in Reedsport at 680 Fir Avenue
Reedsport, OR 97467-1431
Phone number is 541-271-4835
FAX: 541-271-5039

Roseburg Disability Services
Address: 251 NE Garden Valley Blvd., Suite A
Roseburg, OR 97470-0321
For information, call toll free 800-548-3381




Grant County
Grant County Services Area Agency on Aging
142 NE Dayton
John Day, OR 97845

John Day/Grant SPD
Address: 725 W Main, Suite E
John Day, OR 97845
Toll free number is 800-358-6267

Harney County
Harney County Senior Citizens, Inc.
Address: 17 S Alder Street, P.O. Box 728
Burns, Oregon 97720-2048

SPD Office of Burns/Harney
Address: 809 W Jackson, Suite 300
Burns, OR 97720
Call 800-442-2867

Jackson County
Rogue Valley Council of Governments
Central Point, 155 N. First Street, PO Box 3275
Central Point, OR 97502-2209
Main phone 541-664-6674

Medford Senior Services Office
Primary address is 2860 State Street
Medford, OR 97504-8474

Medford Disability Services Office
28 W 6th, Suite D, PO Box 880
Medford, OR 97501-0063
Toll free number is 800-336-8204, or dial 541-776-6210

Jefferson County
Madras SPD
678 NE Highway 97, Suite D
Madras, Oregon 97741
Phone number: 541-475-6773

Josephine County
Rogue Valley Council of Governments
Main address is 155 N. First Street, PO Box 3275
Central Point, OR 97502-2209
Telephone 541-664-6674

Grants Pass Senior & Disability Services Office
2166 NW Vine Street, Suite J
Grants Pass, OR 97526-1635
Main number is 800-633-6409. Call for information on assistance programs for seniors and the elderly.

Klamath County
Klamath Basin Senior Citizens Council
Main address is 2045 Arthur St., P.O. Box JE
Klamath Falls, OR 97602-1205
Telephone: 541-883-7171

Klamath Falls SPD
714 Main Street, First Floor
Klamath Falls, OR 97601

Lake County
Lake County Seniors
Address: 11 North G Street
Lakeview, Oregon 97630
Phone: 541-947-4966

Lakeview SPD
108 E Street N
Lakeview, Oregon 97630
Toll free: 866-787-2900
Fax number = 541-947-5076

Lane County
Eugene AAA Lane Council of Governments
Main address: 1015 Willamette, Suite 200, PO Box 11336
Eugene, OR 97440-3536
Call 800-441-4038




Cottage Grove AAA Lane Council of Governments
37 N. 6th
Cottage Grove, OR 97424
Call 541-682-7800

Seniors & People with Disabilities, LCOG - Florence
Address is 3180 Highway 101
Florence, OR 97439-0066
Phone number is 541-902-9430

Lincoln County
OR Cascades West Council of Governments (OCWCOG)
Address: 1400 Queen Avenue SE, Suite 206
Albany, Oregon 97322
Call toll free: 800-638-0510 for information on food programs, health care, medications, and more.

Toledo/Lincoln SSD OCWCOG
Main address is 203 N. Main Street
Toledo, OR 97391
Call 541-336-2289 or 800-282-6194

Toledo/Lincoln DSO
Main address is 203 North Main
Toledo, OR 97391

Linn County
Albany Senior Services Office or dial the Cascades West Council of Governments
1400 Queen Avenue SE, Ste 206
Albany, OR 97322
Call toll free 800-638-0510

Albany Disability Services Office
Location is 1400 Queen Ave SE, Suite 103
Albany, OR 97321
Toll free: 888-533-2233

Malheur County region and elderly can call the Malheur Council on Aging
Address is 842 SE First Avenue, PO Box 937
Ontario, OR 97914

Ontario/Malheur SPD
186 East Lane, Suite 4
Ontario, Oregon 97914-1849

Marion County
(NWSDS) - North Salem Aging & Disability Office
Main address is 3410 Cherry Ave NE, PO Box 12189
Salem, OR 97309-0189
Call 800-469-8772

(NWSDS) South Salem Aging & Disability Office
Main address 3501 Fairview Industrial Drive SE, PO Box 12099
Salem, OR 97309-0099
Dial 503-798-9060

(NWSDS) Woodburn Aging & Disability Office
Address: 1320 Meridian Drive
Woodburn, OR 97071-0297
Phone number is 503-981-5138

Morrow County
Community Action Program East Central OR
Address is 721 SE 3rd, Suite D
Pendleton, OR 97801
Dial 800-752-1139 or call 541-276-1926
FAX number is 541-276-7541

Hermiston SPD
Main address is 940 SE Columbia Drive, Suite E
Hermiston, OR 97838
888-374-8080 or call 541-567-2274

Multnomah County
Branch 3515 - Multnomah County Aging and Disability Services or stop by 10615 SE Cherry Blossom Dr
Portland, Oregon 97216
Phone number is 503-988-5480

A second location is known as the Mid-area Aging and Disability Services Office and Mid-County YWCA
5139 N Lombard
Portland, OR 97203

Branch 3512 is known as the IRCO Senior District Center
Main address 10615 SE Cherry Blossom Dr
Portland, OR 97216
Telephone 503-988-5480

East Multnomah Aging & Disability Services is based out of 600 NE 8th Street, Room 100
Gresham, OR 97030
Dial 503-988-3840. Programs include home delivered meals, questions on medical bills, and much more for seniors.




East Multnomah DO – YWCA, 600 NE 8th Street, Room 100
Gresham, OR 97030
Dial 503-988-3840

Branch 2818 - Portland North/Northeast Aging Services Office
Main address is 5325 NE Martin Luther King Boulevard, Building 322A, Main Floor
Portland OR 97211-3237

Branch 1412 - Portland Impact (OPI)
Address is 4610 SE Belmont Street, 2nd floor, Suite 102
Portland, OR 97215-1752
Phone: 503-988-3660

Branch 1413 - Adult Protective Services/ADS
4610 SE Belmont Street, Suite 206
Portland, OR 97215-1752
Call 503-988-4450

Branch 1418 - SE Portland ASO/DSO
4610 SE Belmont Street, Suite 200
Portland, Oregon 97215-1752
P: 503-988-3660 or F: 503-988-3784

Branch 2518 - Portland West Aging Services Office
Main address is 421 SW Oak St, Ste 175
Portland, Oregon 97204
Telephone 503-988-5460

Polk County
Dallas Aging and Disability Services
Main address is 260 NE Kings Valley Hwy
Dallas, OR 97338-0089
Toll free number is 866-582-7458 or call 503-623-2301

Tillamook County
Northwest Senior and Disability Services (NWSDS)
Location is 5010 E Third Street
Tillamook, OR 97141
Toll free number 800-584-9712 or use the fax number of 503-842-6290

Umatilla County is supported by Community Action Program East Central OR
Physical address is 721 SE 3rd., Suite D
Pendleton, OR 97801
Call toll free 800-752-1139

Hermiston SPD
Main address is 940 SE Columbia Drive, Suite E
Hermiston, Oregon 97838
Toll free number is 888-374-8080 or dial 541-567-2274

Milton-Freewater SPD
Address is 303 N Columbia Street
Milton-Freewater, OR 97862
Call 541-938-4925

Pendleton SPD
Main address is 1555 Southgate Place
Pendleton, OR 97801

Union County senior citizens can call Community Connection of Northeast OR, Inc.
104 Elm Street
La Grande, OR 97850-2621
Phone: 541-963-3186

La Grande SPD
Main address is 1607 Gekeler Lane
La Grande, OR 97850
Call 800-430-7231 or 541-963-7276

Wallowa County
Community Connection of Wallowa County
702 NW First
Enterprise, Oregon 97828
Call 541-426-3840

Enterprise SPD
Main address is 104 Litch Street, PO Box 180
Enterprise, OR 97828
Phone number is 541-426-3155

Wasco County
Mid-Columbia COG
Main address is 1113 Kelly Avenue
The Dalles, OR 97058
Phone number is 541-298-4101

The Dalles SPD
3641 Klindt Drive
The Dalles, OR 97058
Toll free number is 800-452-2333

Washington County
Hillsboro SPD
Main address is 133 SE Second Avenue
Hillsboro, Oregon 97123-4026
Dial 503-640-3489 for details on resources focused on the elderly and seniors in Oregon.

Tigard - SPD
Main office is at 11515 SW Durham Road, Suite E-5
Tigard, OR 97224
Call 503-968-2312
FAX is 503-624-8128

Beaverton - SPD
Main address is 4805 SW Griffith Drive, Suite B
Beaverton, OR 97005-8722
Phone (503-627-0362)

Yamhill County
NorthWest Senior & Disability Services and McMinnville Aging & Disability Services
Main address is 300 SW Hill Road
McMinnville, Oregon 97128
Toll free: 866-333-7218 or dial locally ay 503-472-9441. FAX number is 503-472-4724


By Jon McNamara


Additional Local Programs












Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site